Reviews for Betrayed
fortheloveoffiction7 chapter 22 . 1/12
Very nice twist with Amelia! Harry must recognize himself in her, his own childhood at the Dursleys, so now he adopts her, to save her, his relative, from the same fate. What a surprise for Amelia, that Courtney's father is Harry Potter.
fortheloveoffiction7 chapter 24 . 1/12
Ernie's reaction when Harry revealed himself was hilarious! Simply priceless!

Good idea to work on the relations... Harry is really the right man for doing that.

So, Dumbledore retires as headmaster, now when Draco is out of the way ( finally has justice reached him), however, who became his succesor? I don't remember you telling that in the epilogue. Percy did the right thing, but who became the next minister of magic, after him?
fortheloveoffiction7 chapter 23 . 1/12
Wow, that was dramatic, a powerful climax!

What a shock for everybody! I am happy, though, that Harry's old friends now decided to stand up for the truth, finally, even when they thought they risked going to prison.

Love the idea of Merlin's staff, if anyone, Harry really deserves it and is the right person for it, even if it also is a convenient plot-device... but I like the idea.
fortheloveoffiction7 chapter 19 . 1/12
Good idea of Albus regarding the presentation, doing it in the presence of ministry officals, and so on.

Cathryn is indeed right in that it should have been her husband who should have told her in person, it is quite awful that she gets to hear the truth about her own husband like this, it is no wonder that she gets a shock. I feel for her.

It is so tragic that she dies, really sad, it is cruel, has not Harry been through enough? It is also too much, in my view, a unnecessary plot-device, to keep her alive had complicated things, but made the story more interesting...although maybe a bit longer, but the ending of the story seems a bit rushed... Everything happens so quickly, but I am sure that Harry would have returned to the wizarding World sooner or later, especially now, when his wife now knows the truth about his past, she would have supported him

Sooner or later Harry would have returned to the wizarding world... don't get me wrong, but to me, it seems like that in this story, in a way, Cathryn, plot-wise, being Harry's muggle wife, represents his muggle Life/ his Life in the muggle World, she stands as the symbol of his muggle Life, his old Life, and when she dies he once more enters the wizarding World... but surely, he could have done that with her at his side it would have been more complicated, but possible.
fortheloveoffiction7 chapter 18 . 1/12
Oh, that was emotional, now Courtney, at least knows the truth of her father's identity, finally. Very moving scene.
fortheloveoffiction7 chapter 14 . 1/12
So, no Albus finally figured it out... I am glad that he decides to keep it to himself, however, quite amazing that nobody else suspects anything, perhaps it seems to farfetched for them.
fortheloveoffiction7 chapter 15 . 1/12
I just cannot believe that Harry/David has not told his wife the truth yet... it amazes me, and annoys me... she is his Life partner, he should have confided her ages ago, trusted her with the truth, not hide something as big as this from her, she doesn't even know what he really looks like...
They have been married for years, at the very least, he should have told her when their daughter started Hogwarts, and now, this business transaction... I understand if Cathryn is annoyed with him.
fortheloveoffiction7 chapter 13 . 1/12
Do they still not suspect Courtney's parentage?
fortheloveoffiction7 chapter 11 . 1/12
For a while I was afraid that Sirius would confiscate, keep the letter, but, the man seems at least to have some conscience... in not only giving her the letter back, but also helping Courtney by giving her information... don't know if I expected that, as I don't like Sirius in this story that much ( that is, your Sirius, normally he is one of my fav characters)... however it was a relief that he here did the sensible thing, I was afraind that he would wish to hide the truth about Harry ( as the wizarding world has done)
fortheloveoffiction7 chapter 10 . 1/12
Quite a dilemma for Harry/David, but to write to his daughter as Harry, whitout revealing his identity may indeed be a kind of theraphy...

The correspondence between father (icognito) and dauther is a brillant plot device
fortheloveoffiction7 chapter 8 . 1/12
Interesting with Courtney's wand core and that she is a parsel-mouth, and a Gryffindor, like her father small clues as to whom her father is, and, eventually, Dumbles figures it out... but good for Courtney that she so far, is just a student among others imagine her teachers reaction if they knew... in that way, Harry's/David's secretivness protects her... a muggle born witch...indeed, quite ironic...
Since your story is written Before DH, I can see that you ascribe the parsel mouth ability to genes, and not something transfered to Harry from Voldy.
fortheloveoffiction7 chapter 5 . 1/12
Very interesting to "hear" David's thoughts, his anguish, his dilemma, to partake in his inner monologue... the choiche of first person perspective makes his inner struggle really vivid. You portray his emotions very well.
fortheloveoffiction7 chapter 3 . 1/12
I really like your Writing style and that you alternate between different person POV, and that you use both first and third person POV, for example the first person perspective here, portraying Cathryn, very well done... , interesting to see her impression of David, told by herself in first person, I really like her and I am sad that you killed her off.
blackpanther chapter 1 . 1/12
Hi again,

is Sirius really married to Arabella Figg, the old cat Lady? Seems incredible...By the way, is she not a squib?

Yes, Sirius should be really sorry, his betrayal is the worst of all, as he himself was framed, ironically , by the same person... and he was an adult when it happened, and he is Harry's godfather..., as one of the map makers, he should know the map can be tampered with...
The behaviour of Harry's friends... did they not consider the imperius curse, for example? They should have pressed for Verita serum at the very least.

It is amazing that Harry is sane enough to think straight and defeat Voldy.

Interesting start but the betrayal seems totally illogical and unexplainable.
Blackpantherprince chapter 1 . 1/12
What a terrible betrayal, it still boggles my mind that Harry's friends and his godfather could betray him like that, and so easily believe his was gulity,( well, except for maybe Ron, as we see later on, but neither he did try hard enough to find the truth).
they should know he would never do something like that, Hagrid was a Close friend of Harry, and not a key person in the war, it is indeed a strange "choice" to murder him, why would Harry do that?
Your story has psychological depth, but you fail to explain the psycology/reason behind their betrayal, for example Dumbledore, he is an old and wise man, it's hard to believe that it is just stupidity, especially considering they know about Sirius imprisonement on false charges not so far back in time. As wizards they know about poly-juice, etc. Was the wizarding World somehow afraid of Harry? It is hard to believe that his friends feared him, were they jealous of him ( as Ron in the fourth book)? Cowards? Were they really that stupid, that is hard to Believe they should know Harry better. I cannot find any reasonable explanation. They have no excuse.

Speaking of Sirius, shouldn't he also know that the map could be tamered with? Like Peter, he was also one of its makers, as is Remus, for crying out loud!
3,880 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »