Reviews for Quietly
AmZ chapter 1 . 11/8/2003
very nice. it's rare to see good Les Mis poetry.
Dostoevsky's Mouse chapter 1 . 9/14/2003
Well. That was very, very good - possibly the best Les Mis poem I've read. I only have one suggestion: I think it would read more easily if it were punctuated, especially since you do employ capital letters at the beginnings of new sentences. It looks a little strange with capitals, but no periods. Otherwise, though, this is really excellent. Great work.
Mowee chapter 1 . 4/13/2003
This is nice, and hearing the poem in my mind, it's very soft and . . . although sad, relaxing. Very easy to read, easy to take in. Had more to say (good things) but I'm an awful reviewer and the hour has robbed me of proper words. . . so, just pretty, melikes.
Frost chapter 1 . 4/11/2003
That is such a wonderful poem! It is so touching and sentimental. You really captured the sincerity of Valjean's feelings for Cosette! Good work, please write more!

~Keera
Cecilia Carlton chapter 1 . 4/4/2003
Oh, very nice. I was going to cry. It's lovely. :)
Jehan's Muse chapter 1 . 4/3/2003
Ah. Now this I like. Definitely more poetic than your Jehan poem-you're showing us, not telling us, what Valjean thinks in his final hours. I agree, the repetition works quite nicely, and I like how you portray his thoughts about Cosette. Very nice.
Manon chapter 1 . 4/2/2003
I like this - a cut above most of the fanpoetry I've had the, er, pleasure of reading. You use the repetition to effect, but don't beat us over the head with it, and you keep it simple enough to be readable without succumbing to "badly-formatted prose" syndrome.
Silmaril Eyes chapter 1 . 4/2/2003
Gack. Note to self: never read this poem after rehearsing the epilogue. ::reaches for the Kleenex and sniffles:: Well done.