Reviews for Khans and Conquerors
LegendOfPerseus chapter 4 . 7/15/2018
Bravo! Another excellent chapter in the Khans and Conquerers storyline. Well written as always and I will say that the fact that Modrig was given Colcora as a bodyguard is both a good tactical decision for uh, the guy who gave Modrig Colcora, sorry I forgot his name even though I read the chapter literally two minutes ago, it also could backfire on him, since Colcora may end up becoming Modrigs friend. Also, are you implying that the plant people, stranglevines, are fascists? Or do you just mean that they were your standard take over the world guys who actually succeeded? Anyway, I think that’s all for now. I wait for the next chapter!

Peace!
-LegendOfPerseus, signing out
Heroic Spectre chapter 4 . 7/15/2018
A spy should be expected. Gotta keep the hostage on a short leash.
Sky5372 chapter 4 . 7/15/2018
Ey! Good to see that your writing is as on form as ever
Stativefawn72 chapter 3 . 6/22/2018
Oh I am loving this! As much as I LOVED "In Charge", there's something about space naval fleets that just hits all the right buttons for me. I couldn't find any online pictures of the Vulo (I'm assuming you made them up), but judging from certain adjectives, I'm assuming that they're some kind of humanoid canid species? If you did in fact create them, and it's not just my lack of knowledge of Stellaris, then I don't think they're described very well. Confirmation on this matter would be greatly appreciated :).
I feel like I'm going to greatly enjoy Modrig's interactions with the Imari. They're cultures are clearly drastically different, and I'd love to see how he accustoms to his new lifestyle. Can't wait for more!
Stativefawn72 chapter 1 . 6/22/2018
I've never played or seen gameplay on Stellaris, so I'm sure that some things went over my head, but your skills as a writer make that problem obsolete. It's very easy to understand what's going on for people in the dark. Cari's excitement once she reached her room legitimately made me smile and chuckle. If you can make me genuinely happy, then I'm sure you can make me sad, angry, excited, and any other emotion you feel the need to play with. Sadly, I can't edit this one, but I'll definitely be following it.
R. Moonstalker chapter 3 . 6/20/2018
Hullo again! I never cared much for subnautica so I passed on those stories, but I've put my fair share of time into stellaris so I guess I can't pass on this one. Looking forward to following the rise and fall of this Great Khan and your interpretation of the stellaris universe.

If you're still looking for a beta, and you're willing to overlook the whole 'jumping ship' thing from last time around, I can make time to edit through August. I don't mind patching up the first few chapters while I'm at it. Your call.
ChocolateTeapot chapter 3 . 6/18/2018
Another great chapter! You do a wonderful job at weaving worldbuilding detail into the narrative. The character work from Modrig is excellent too.

The luxury of the ship there and the whirl of day night rhythms were a nice touch.

Modrig researching the Imari was well presented and did a good job explaining the political situation. I liked the detail about how the edits on Cari Alvie page had slowed. Modrig’s suspicions regarding what his task will be are very interesting.

I really liked the description of the Tepzig star.

Modrig meeting the Imari in person was also really nicely done. Them being a comparatively physically small was an unexpected and neat detail and I liked how that affected their ship design.

His impressions of his new quarters were also really good. I particularly liked the detail of the hollow under the bed.
Guest chapter 3 . 6/16/2018
I loved the new chapter and really love the new AI characters,will there be a romantic subplot? I feel like there might be
Heroic Spectre chapter 3 . 6/16/2018
Murderous plants, huh? None of them would happen to be flowers, would they?

Anyway, good chapter. You captured Modrig's sense of impending doom very well.
LegendOfPerseus chapter 1 . 6/16/2018
Sweet! New chapters are always good, especially since I tend to read through stories faster than I can eat dinner. So yea, every chapter counts, I like where this is going to a very interesting direction, though I do have a question, that I hope you could PM me the answer or put it in the story somehow, what are the rest of the factions? I’ve not ever played stellaris, only watched like two episodes of a play through. So to me it’s like an enormous space-age Civ game. I’m also guessing the Imari Horde will obliterate the stranglevines and then take out whoever else opposes them after a short peace period. I’m trying to guess who though, yet, I can’t, because just like Civ, anyone can betray you, I should know, every single AI in Civ has betrayed me at least once unless explicitly allied to me. I just realized I’m rambling but anyway, this was a good new chapter and I’m waiting for the next one.
ConnorPerson chapter 3 . 6/16/2018
Poor, poor Modrig
xXRedNovemberXx chapter 1 . 5/28/2018
As a Stellaris fanatic, I'll be interested to see how this goes. So far you've done well; but I have to ask, by Synthetics, are you talking ascended synthetics or Gesalt Consciousness Synthetics?
ConnorPerson chapter 2 . 5/12/2018
I love Stellaris and now I also love this story. I'm interested to see if The Great Khan will actually honor the deal and not just immediately after the Stranglevines are dead, declare war.
LegendOfPerseus chapter 2 . 5/10/2018
Interesting, the amount of detail is near astounding compared to other authors and I wait to see how Modrig reacts in front of the Imari horde themselves.
ChocolateTeapot chapter 2 . 5/10/2018
Great chapter! Modrig’s characterisation is excellent and seeing a very different perspective on the Imari Horde’s plan is a great idea. You do lots of really good worldbuilding too.

“such as to dispose of any lose metal or wires” I wonder if that should be “loose”

Modrig’s initial struggles to speak non telepathically was a neat moment.

Hearing about the king’s bargaining was good too, as well as the thoughts about how to spin it. I liked Modrig’s reactions to that in general and his horror at hearing that he was to become a hostage was done very well. You do an excellent job of capturing the emotional shock and its aftermath.

Him talking with his sister about it made for a good end of the chapter. His efforts at discretion are a neat read. Him thinking about the possibility of fleeing and deciding against it was good. I like his sister talking about her research and him slowly coming to terms with his situation.
53 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »