Reviews for Swept Away
PrincessHNPY207 chapter 25 . 6/14/2013
One question with Quatre being the youngest of 30 you would think he would know what condoms are for. I loved this story because it's Quatre in a different light. It seemed like everytime they have sex Dorothy gets pregnant. Makes me feel bad for her . Quatre must have super sperm.
Soohjin chapter 25 . 3/20/2013
Awww im a new fan of this couple. You're a genius! The story was sooo great. I remember watching this anime back in 1996. I really love anime with hard action and explosions. I find romance anime yucky. Lol! But not anymore that im old now. Im into the romance side now.. Hehe... Arigato author-san!
Kanela chapter 25 . 12/30/2009
Wow!

That was a super awesome story! OMG! I loved it!

Yes, I did suffer...but oh! what a nice drama you had there.

I was relieved to find it all concluded with a happy ending. :D (well, not so much for poor little Duo hehe)

Whoa, almost 7 years since this was written. But I'm glad you did and I'm even happier that I found this piece of fiction.

Congratulations!
James Williamson of BR.com chapter 25 . 4/10/2009
I'm sorry I'm around 6 years late. I've been reading fanfiction for 4 or 5 years and the amount of bad writing or OOC writing is beyond measurement.

While the characters of Dorothy, Quatre, and at time Relena, were different from what you would expect. You brilliantly showed how the characters had evolved instead of changed.

You matured every character that had a role in the story except Rashid. It was exactly as I would picture them after leaving their past of confusion and war when they were teenagers (who are by definition unbalanced)

So of course these characters would change. I've read stories where Relena and Heero are immature nutheads in their late twenties. You are a writer that has truly realized that at age 15 in positions of power and war, they are going to be psychologically unbalanced.

The function of Quatre as a playboy/James Bond was magnificent. The descriptions of how he smiled or seduced her just made smile as I would at 007 himself. I do think that it was OOC for Quatre to look at Dorothy as a conquest because even though they had the sword fight, I believed that there were feelings for each other even though she was too young to realize that war is not the most glorious thing.

Personally I felt that he was trying to seduce her to possibly respark something while having fun.

The plot was most intriguing. It appeared like a soap opera but it couldn't be farther from the truth since soaps are notorious for having so many stupid complications with no sense of finality to them.

While a soap would make anyone with half a brain scoff and note that these events could never happen to one set of people. However, you made it so that the events were not separate but together. Dorothy's leaving Quatre after he had "cheated on her" with two women to meeting Barak and the events that followed.

"Barak caused it all!" I realized. Everything could be linked toward him except for the romantic interludes and mixups between Dorothy and Quatre, so you did the impossible.

You made an extremely dramatic story without making a crappy soap opera. It was extraordinary. I would be reading it at points and I got the feeling I was feasting on a delicious dessert.

Another thing that makes this story so beautiful is how well you captured the Arabian culture. From the treatment and duties of the wife to the matchmaking to the saying of Allah at times.

The sex scenes were remarkable because you never used crude words or lewd descriptions. The following of clothes like a puddle makes anyone remember a similar incident in a movie. You made an amorous scene without getting too graphic. Without having to totally describe the performance but made it so that we, as readers, used our imaginations.

You captured the emotions of love, passion, lust, pain, want, hurt, pride, and any others I have failed to mention perfectly.

Every argument, every time they "broke up" had a logical reason to it. A reason that is very serious such as the issues of trust. It is not like he forgot her birthday, you made the fights perfect.

I wondered why Quatre would, even though he knew she didn't want to, put his arms around her, make her succumb to the passion of his love because he knew she couldn't resist. Many times I think that there is no way anymore for them to stay together without some pathetic breakdown but you used lust and love to keep it going.

It was perfect because couples are supposed to be helplessly in love with their spouses and helplessly in want of bodily desires. The love they had just fueled their hormones and I don't see that often in fanfiction.

The use of the doctor was most ingenious. If I had not read his name, but heard it, like some movies do with clues, I would not have connected the dots as early as I did. I knew very easily that Dorothy and Jamila were mother and daughter.

The one thing I didn't like was how Sadirah went crazy in the end. I know she was unbalanced, but to kill her father and plan to kill the others was over the top especially with the uncle. Personally, I would have had Quatre divorce her after he finished off her father and she is disgraced.

But you still pulled it off masterfully.

One other thing. I would have loved to have seen a real wedding between Quatre and Dorothy. A wedding that could have had plenty of humor in it as well.

I loved your work period. You are one of two writers that I felt could make it as a professional writer. YOur stories could easily be made into movies.

I end by saying that this easily is the best Gundam Wing story I have ever read. Bar none.
kokopelle chapter 25 . 11/15/2008
*gasps* THAT was a good story! *applause*

I always love Quatre, and I sure do enjoy reading fanfics featuring him paired up with Dorothy! (love Dorothy, too! and even Milliardo. Hmm. I got a thing with Platinum blondes, I think)

I really love your story; I read it one sitting the first half of the day. It's been years since it's been published, but I'm still hoping you'll write more 4xD fics. You're a great writer.

You've got a talent, keep it up!

btw, I love how you molded Heero in this story. I love the humor! And just how you put our little Desert Prince always near the ledge of killing someone because of jealousy *melts* I LOVE it. I dunno, hahahahha.

I hope you could write more. :D
wk chapter 25 . 9/20/2008
I thought I review, though this story is a couple yrs old now but it was nice. Nice and long. Glad to see someone taking an interest in writing 4xD as i haven't read anything like this one about them. Great job.
Avalon's Protector chapter 25 . 1/6/2008
I'd just like to say again how much I love this story. I've probably read it five times or so, at least once a year since I discovered you wrote it. There are so few 4xD stories out there, and this is just so phenomenal. If you haven't tried writing books or regular fiction you really should. You have a great hand.

~Avalon's Protector
Forlorn Maiden chapter 15 . 5/30/2007
Wow. Well I can't blame Dorothy for how she feels about Quatre because she did have doubts but still believed in him; while he didn't believe in her. How can you not get mad?

As for Jamila. I've read the signs, but I didn't want to assume anything. After all, it was mentioned that the girl didn't look like anything like her mother; and Dorothy's daughter died (though I don't know how the doctor or the couple Dorothy stayed with could hide this from her); and her connection with Jamila; and as well as the nursery; and of course Sadirah calling her "daughter" a bastard distainfully and not loving her. It would seem all evidence are pointing to Jamila being the mother of Dorothy.

Man I can't wait to find out how the Baraks were able to get their hands on her, if she is the daughter Dorothy lost. _

I love your plots. I hope you write more fics.

On to read the next chapter! _
Forlorn Maiden chapter 11 . 5/30/2007
I would love to strangle Sadirah and her father. As for Quatre, why I could slap him for being so...weak!

I love your story and I'm enjoying every chapter. I'm kinda reluctant to finish it because I've rarely found any great Dorothy and Quatre fics out there; and there is one current one being updated but it hasn't been updated in a while.

And I had a feeling Dorothy was pregnant. That's so sad, if I think I'm right about how it ended. I really really despise Barak and hope he gets what he deserves, because he's dispicable.
L I N A chapter 25 . 3/27/2007
loved this story! :] it was wonderful and i have to say its the best quatre and dorothy fic i've read thus far! i hope to see more stories from you! your a great author!
Lady C Andrews chapter 25 . 9/1/2006
*squeals**dies from squealing too much* This story was just...too good for words. It was so awesome, so fantastic, so well-written and thoughtout and emotional. One of the best stories I've ever read. Wow. You, my friend, did a superlative job on this fic. I'm amazed that I never read this story before, considering it's been out for over three years. But then again, this is my first GW story in YEARS...wow, I...don't know what else I can say. Love it, absolutely love this fic. Keep up the good work!
Ink Blotted Paper chapter 25 . 5/2/2006
I love the story _

especially the bullet-proof thingie... har har! I hope you write more stories )
Terra chapter 25 . 11/26/2005
My favorite couple!
Relwarcn chapter 25 . 11/26/2005
You have made me a QxD fan. I had never imagined that anyone could displace my favorite RxH coupling.
Icy Discordia chapter 25 . 7/16/2005
Dang. That was so good. I think that was the best 4xD I've ever read. If it wasn't, I don't remember better. It is so gratifying to read a really good gw fic that I haven't read a dozen times already. Thank you very much!