Reviews for The Wise God and his Foolish Students
Nesthor5000 chapter 14 . 1/14
As I imagine Kratos's reaction after the Lost Fable reveals: "Raven was right we should never have trusted you, Oz; you manipulated and used us as pawns in a game of chess like you did with thousands of people before us to fight a war against your ex-wife; You sacrificed thousands of people to maintain a stalemate in the war that you yourself caused by wanting to separate a mother from her daughters, etc ... " "Your methods don't make you so different from Salem,Hitler,etc that they will do whatever they think is necessary to achieve their goals"

Qrow's: "I believed in you, my team and family believed in you, I can't believe that Raven was right all the time that my trust and my faith in you was blind, you are no different than my father who sacrificed his own men and family to achieve their goal

The way I see it, Oz is on the wrong foot of losing his war against his ex-wife Salem. Salem has brought the silver-eyed warriors to the brink of extinction, has made the Grimms have almost the entire territory of the planet to themselves, has developed a method to steal the magic of others (grimm parasite), has created hybrid eyed warriors Silver Plated-Grimm (Hound of volume 8), has cut communications between kingdoms, already has a plan to end the forces of Oz for good. Oz has made the following mistakes that have cost Remmant and his people too much, such as: -Gift most of his magical powers to 4 people without having a method to make sure whoever inherits them is trustworthy or get them back. -Hidden too much crucial information even from his closest allies -He has made Remmant too dependent on his guide and if something happens to him the line of command is almost broken. -He has been too focused on finding a way to destroy Salem that he has not thought of other ways to permanently defeat her such as sealing her, locking her in a pocket dimension (the vaults) or launching her into outer space.

My theory of how the Dust originated are 3: -They are a fossil fuel that originated from the remnants of Remmant's first magical humanity. -They are the remains of the moon charged with the magical energy of the god of darkness -They are the crystallized accumulation of magic energy that is in the environment or Remmant's magic ley lines without using it.

On the origin of the Aura it seems like a combination of reinforcement and protection spells plus a specialized spell (Semblance)

Basically the mission of Oz by the God of light is like the punishment of Sisyphus to push a round rock for eternity until he manages to put it on top of a mountain imposed by Hades (Greek Mythology); but the consequences every time fail are much worse such as: -Death of countless people -Less territory for humanity -Trauma and psychological wounds from countless betrayals -Etc...

I also believe that when the God of Light warned Oz to do what he did not to look for Salem, I believe he used the power of Choice as The Eye of Agamotto from the MCU to see the futures that would drive his choice to reunite. with Salem; that's why he warned him that he would only find pain.

Another issue is that Oz released all the information of his mission to Salem and what would happen if it failed; Salem basically now seeks a planetary level suicide to break his curse, take revenge on the gods and Oz. Also the methods that Oz uses do not do better than Salem, such as: -Manipulate thousands into fighting almost blindly to face an immortal enemy without a plan to defeat, contain or seal it. -Her lack of a real plan to defeat her and withholding crucial information has resulted in disaster, betrayal, among other countless times. -His objective of accomplishing his mission at all costs has blinded him from his own morality and the costs it has had on the population of Remmant.
ThanosGaming chapter 14 . 9/8/2021
Well that was sad. By the way, if he revived the dark brother, can he revive others too or only those he absorbed or killed?
ThanosGaming chapter 9 . 9/8/2021
Where are the Canaanite gods like El Elyon, Ashera, Baal, and Jahveh/Iehovah (Israelite God aka. The Biblical/Torah/Quran God)?

Sorry, I'm not pushing anything here. But the whole Council of Pantheons reminds me of Shuumatsu no Walkure: Records of Ragnarok.

Heck there's even a Philippine Pantheon.
Bathala (the chief of gods, Creator Deity, Heavens)
Shaytan (god of evil, underworld, Father of Lies)
Amihan (god/dess of the winds and space between skies and seas/lands)
Bulan (goddess of the moon and night)
Adlaw (god of the sun and day)
Tala sisters (daughters of Bulan and Adlaw, goddesses of the stars, dawn and twilight)
Bakunawa (the Leviathan ocean god that devoured all 7 moons aka. Sisters of Bulan)

Yeah, they might be forgettable.
Wait a minute chapter 14 . 6/3/2021
Kratos can revive gods
Boy was a god
You guys see where I'm going
TubfullOfDishes345 chapter 14 . 3/25/2021
Damn, the feels in this chapter.
Krulla Chief chapter 13 . 3/16/2021
Ah yes, Bellona goes on a date, featuring Kratos being a grumpy old man
IMPRATICAL chapter 3 . 12/27/2020
the way you decided to handle explaining changing two very important plot events of Summer's death and Raven leaving is shockingly immature and shortsighted. You've essentially changed two defining events for both Ruby and Yang, explained it away in two sentences in an authors note, and think that's just a good thing? Unless you intend to expand on this in the story properly, that's absolutely the wrong way to do it and it's frankly insulting and lazy. Yang and Ruby would be totally different characters because of this, and I'd bet that you've done nothing to actually change them.
trollpatrol117 chapter 14 . 10/5/2020
Interesting chapter. Dark, but interesting.
Asumodeus chapter 2 . 10/1/2020
should have ripped Ironwood's arm off
hellfire45 chapter 14 . 9/28/2020
Good chapter and I can’t wait to see what happens next
Ultimatrix bearer chapter 14 . 9/24/2020
Well got dark.

KEEP BEING AWESOME!
Guest chapter 14 . 9/22/2020
God it's disorienting reading this and listening to September, I've got good vibes coming in while I read about a poor boy know that he in essence is nothing, that even the primal soul is not present for his passing, just a form of conscious energy dissipating to the void.

W a c k
Lilcrafter chapter 14 . 9/23/2020
Chap 13 and 14 had me emotional bro. I thought i wouldn't like this story with all the other gods in here, but i was proven wrong. Keep it up!
Greatazuredragon chapter 14 . 9/21/2020
Well, that was depressing.
Jack the Sparrow chapter 14 . 9/21/2020