Reviews for The Cactus and the Toad
The Hope Lions chapter 28 . 10/17
Wow. I am so glad I stumbled across this fic. It has been truly incredible.
hpfanfictionreader chapter 28 . 10/17
I loved every moment of this story! Sincerely hope you write a sequel!
JaneDoh0 chapter 28 . 10/14
I discovered this after it was complete, and did not do chapter by chapter reviews. This was brilliant, and I look forward to seeing what you do next. Severus is my favorite character, and I think Neville is under appreciated. You captured the essence of your characters very well-they were consistent with what we see in canon, and also more fleshed out.

I loved the relationships between the Gryffindor crew, though Hermione is really in a terrible situation with Ron. I always thought they were not a good match, since they have so little in common, but I agree with her in your story here-he is unreliable and shows no signs of that changing. I also like how all the characters start out a bit lost and then find themselves. The friendship between Neville and Severus was particularly well done. Neville has a lot in common with Severus, having been raised with abusive and emotionally unavailable relatives and bullied at school. I love how you gave them the same insecurities.

Looking forward to your next story!
duj chapter 28 . 10/13
It's good to see people appreciating the protagonist at last, and making friendly approaches. And maybe in a year or so, he won't have only the love of his cat to save him from a Sleeping-Beauty-hex...
More? Sequel please?!
Yay chapter 28 . 10/3
Raise, little sapling! I had a wonderful experience reading!
M chapter 28 . 9/29
This was a lovely story, thank you for writing it.
Hello! First, I truly enjoyed your approach to this story. Snape seems often confused about the exact reasons he is doing something, and usually attributes it to a less emotional cause than it is. I believe the characters’ to events were legitimate, and not overly done. I enjoyed seeing more of Neville’s character, especially his self confidence issues. The only critique I have is that recoveries (Snape’s, Alice’s, and McGonagall’s) seem rushed. St least in Alice and Frank’s cases, they probably haven’t seen much physical activity in years, and yet rather soon they are considered battle ready per se. Also, I feel like Alice’s use of the killing curse was left unanswered. But otherwise, great job! I hope you keep it up!
kyella14 chapter 1 . 9/28
Definitely a hidden gem. I'm almost appalled at the number of favourites and follows this fic has, because undoubtedly, this is a fantastically written story, one that does not lack in depth and has a superb execution in terms of character, plot and pacing. There are areas I think you could have explored morefor example, I would have liked to see Neville's relationship with his parents, the relationship between Alice and Frank, and the dynamics of the Golden Trio further explored. I suppose it boils down to that I hoped to see more time spent on looking into relationships between peripheral characters, rather than the narrowed focus on Snape's relationships. I know this story is fundamentally Snape-centric, but I still think exploring those peripheral relationships more would improve this story beyond what it currently is (which is already a wonderful fic). I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.
Fangirling! This was So! Good! Abjsjsxhhxbss!
Fangirling! Poor Severus, I'm not going to quote Hans from Frozen but if I WAS going to quote anyone...
BlueberryChild chapter 28 . 9/23
Hello,
First of all, thank you so much for writing this story, which is one of the best I've read so far. It's been great to find such a long story focused in friendship!
I loved the way you changed perspectives: So subtle! And it was beautiful to gain insight into both Snape's and Neville's musings. Your imaginings of other people's minds were so creative as well.
Fiend made me smile often (by the way, your last chapter saved my day: I was feeling down, and then unexpectedly found it, and it was so full of lovely scenes, I couldn't help but feel better) and made me wish I had a cat.
And Neville and his plants made for wonderful interaction, too. I really liked your last sentence, binding back into the story, a circular ending!
Keep up the great work! I'm looking forward to reading more! :)

Cheers, BlueberryChild
hurrah! congrats on finishing this fic! i followed along so eagerly and i am a bit sad to see it end. what a great universe you built :D
Fiend! Wonderful. And Snape seems to have had some kind of epiphany regarding people.
no-name chapter 27 . 9/21
fluffy!

Is the story now finished? All essential open ends seem to be tied up... ...will there be a sequel?