Reviews for The Cactus and the Toad
thebetawholived chapter 28 . 11/12/2023
This is a delightful, well-written, and creative story. I've thoroughly enjoyed it. As a matter of fact, I'm up until 3:30am for the second night in a row, finishing it up. I appreciated many of the scenes, but I think my favorite was the magical volunteer who helped Snape with Lestrange's curse.

Thank you for sharing.
Applehead chapter 28 . 11/3/2023
This was so amazing, what a great story. I loved how you explored Severus' relationship with Neville and Minerva in particular. Really well done!
Harrydarcy chapter 28 . 10/19/2023
Absolutely great story!
Thank you so much. It’s been awhile since I’ve been able to retain interest beyond the first few chapters in any fics, but this one held my interest from beginning to better, I see you have written a sequel, so I’m looking forward to start reading it tomorrow.
Captain Kaye chapter 28 . 10/13/2023
This story is amazing! Thank you for writing it. I don't normally read fics outside my ships but this one got me hooked from the first chapter. You're an incredibly talented writer. Hope to see more of your work soon!
Elysia1 chapter 27 . 8/31/2023
Just reread this story. It's so good! Characters are awesome!
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 28 . 7/31/2023
I loved this! I loved seeing Neville’s parents be healed! Snape gain friends! And just everyone was written so well! Ron and Hermione definitely went to couples therapy and are happily together again, in my mind. Love that Ginny was laughing at Ron’s “intervention.” I love fics where Snape survives the Battle of Hogwarts! This was a great story! Hope you’re doing well. :)
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 27 . 7/31/2023
Hermione. Just talk to Ron. You guys need therapy! I’m glad we got a Harry and Ginny interaction. So Hermione wants to know more about the books. How will snake know if Hermione step foot in a place with books? Lol. I hope Harry and Hermione take up teaching positions. As well as Neville.
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 26 . 7/31/2023
Oh my god. Was I right? I literally asked if a Kneazle could kiss a person under the Hundred Year Sleep and here Fiend is kicking Snape! Nice! And damn! Alice crucioed and killed Lestrange. He deserved it.
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 25 . 7/31/2023
Fucj. Can a Kneazle kiss a human awake from the Hundred Year Sleep? And how did Lestrange get into Hogwarts undetected? Is the Healer under the imperious curse? It kinda seemed like she was. Did Snape know that he just got cursed with the Hundred Year Sleep? I liked hearing about McGonagall’s young times as an apprentice in India. Where apparently the magical laws are more lax. Great chapter. :)
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 24 . 7/30/2023
Damn. Is the healer actually bad? And why didn’t anyone else suggest Legilimency though? I’m playing devils advocate, but like why is it up to the healer? Why didn’t Dumbledore suggest Legilimency? I mean, I know the healers should come up with solutions, but someone could’ve thought of using Legilimency on the Longbottoms.
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 23 . 7/30/2023
Fucking Lestrange. He manipulated McGonagall. But why did McGonagall even start to believe him? Snape was literally just in his flat with his Kneazle. And Snape was literally just getting dressed.
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 22 . 7/30/2023
Poor McGonagall. But why is she reluctant to believe they win the war? Also, I love how Pomfrey cares so much for every single person she sees. I love how she wanted Snape to eat all that food. And then Neville slipped on the Brussel sprouts Fiend was playing with. Lol.
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 21 . 7/30/2023
So the Cruciatus Curse? That’s what happened to McGonagall? I love Fiend. And how long had it been since the Battle of Hogwarts? George still seems distant. We saw Ginny. I hope we see her a bit more! Also, Brussels sprouts with maple syrup and brown sugar are good. I love this! :)
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 20 . 7/30/2023
Damn. Wonder what the lestranges wanted with McGonagall. And why they obligated her. I’m glad Fiend helped Snape out. Does Snape not Harry, Ron, and Neville gifted her to him?
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 19 . 7/30/2023
Ohh. So it was in Azkaban at first. How did it even get there? And the Guardian can call people back? Interesting. Now we’re going to see his torture. Damn.