Reviews for The Greatest Gatsby
GorgyPorgyGregoria chapter 9 . 6/12/2013
And so I get hooked -only to have my heartbroken! This was such a great story and I absolutely loved reading it and looking forward to every chapter. I think what I love so much about this, was the way you worked in your dialogue, it flows smoothly and each character has a distinction in the way they speak so they all don't muddle together. I also love the Faye/Spike relationship; it shows that they get along, they understand each other, trust each other -but on the same level they are still in that elementary stage of denial of ever admitting how they feel for each other. What's more is that you have a fantastic way of making it seem that Vivika is entirely in the dark about their pasts and storylines. If it wasn't for the readers being fans, they would probably be saddled up next to Vivika and just as equally unsure of everything. I sort of want to go back in time read this first and then watch Cowboy Bebop; because I want to experience everything the same way as Vivika has. I really wish that you could pick this back up. It's just too beautiful to be left unfinished. We still haven't had much of the Spike/Faye love; just a ghost of what would come to pass.
Tonnerre chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
I think i'm gonna like this.
cko2 chapter 3 . 4/10/2011
to bad this seems to be very very dead. it was a cool take on the end of the series though and a fun read.
Alexithimia chapter 9 . 6/14/2008
Hey chickie! It's gettin' to be almost three years since your last update! And I did see on your profile that you have been having problems uploading things onto FF, but that was... Last May, and so it;d been well over a year since that post.

I was previously suffering from some lack of really good Spike/Faye fanfiction (I've read a lot of it and I now going through the older posts), and lo! I found 'The Greatest Gatsby'. But wait, it's not done! Agh! So pretty, pretty please I am down on my knees begging you for some more! Update soon, and if you are still having issues, is there a way you can get the rest of the story to me? That is, if there is any written...

Thank you for reading my review. And Dang am I in weird mood, I guess stayin' up all night without falling asleep once'll do it. And it was all for your story. So again I leave you with this, update soon please!

Alexithimia
sherada chapter 9 . 1/15/2006
honestly, this is one of the worst fics to read in the middle of the night if you want to keep quiet. i was close to exploding from laughter. love the s/f bickering scenes. i'll be waiting for the next update. ciao!
Misanthropic Tendencies chapter 9 . 12/30/2005
Hmm,ok, ok, loving the plot, amazing, yes yes, it's unlike anything I've read before.

BUT should Vivika have mentioned the fact that she told Jerry about the ship they were on?

Hmm? I think that was an important tid bit...

And it looks like the little tid bits are the things that get them in bigger shit...sigh, people should remember and speak UP in cases like these.

Alright, done now, thanks very much. And I'm serious, this fic is amazing. I LOVes it D
Chaimera chapter 9 . 10/27/2005
Yeah, I know, the dying of - sucked majorly, and I will be perfectly happy to converse about it (try, you can never get enough opinions on that book) with you, if you update. Update now! I really love this story, and that aint no lie.

Slán,

'Mera
ooglediggle chapter 8 . 10/22/2005
but f s fitzgerald's the great gatsby ended sadly! beautifully, yeah, but sadly too! does that mean ur fic is going to end the same way? i don't want anybody to die. please don't let anybody die! i was depressed for weeks after reading the great gatsby, you know :(
tanabata julia chapter 9 . 10/21/2005
because of this fic, i was finally motivated to read Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby, and it really was an excellent read. Thank you!
Julz chapter 9 . 9/17/2005
OH WOW... this story is one of the best I've ever read in the whole of Cowboybebop fanfiction kingdom... I don't really like OCs very much, but Vivika is just so cool! Oh please update soon, I'll be waiting! (the sooner you update the sooner i Review again!)
Blonde-Existentialist chapter 9 . 9/15/2005
ha the Bebop beatiful. ;P

anyways I have to say that i've recently(like just now) read your story from start to finish(how far you've updated) and I gotta say I really like it. My favorite parts were at the very begining and chapter 8, because that was just clasic S/F angst and who doesn't love it. Its very interesting the way you've done your story and kind of nice to read it from a differnt perspective once in awhile. I can't say that Viv is my favorite character in the whole thing, but I do rather like her. She's so much more realistic and normal and human than the others. It's great how you work in making the story almost 3rd person by having her spy or eavsedrop on everyone, even if she doesnt mean too. I really do love Marla(ha i've acctually gone by that name before). Shes just so cliche extreme rich woman that its amusing. I can't wait till you put up a new chapter, especially with Ed, I really love her. Anyway GL with your writing. i'm really sorry that your ready for this too be over, although i understand where your coming from. I do hope that you don't get tired of it and just abandon the story and writing like some authors/stories I was particularly attached to have done. so looking head to your continued intrest and writing ;)
Alasse chapter 9 . 9/14/2005
This has to be one of the best, most well-thought out and planned Cowboy Bebop fics that I've read. I love how you put Shin in there (but wasn't he supposed to die in RFB? I don't think you explained how he managed to survive that...o.O;;)because Shin was one of my favorite characters.

Can't wait to see Ed and Ein and Faye and Spike get together!

BTW, I really like how you've done the narration, and not make your OC a Mary-Sue or have her take over the story. So...erm...yeah. That's it.
jezebel chapter 9 . 8/24/2005
Yay! that was so exciting, it made me so very happy that you updated! and now they're going to see ed! i can't wait! this story is just getting better and better!
hugo english chapter 1 . 8/17/2005
first of all, awesome fic! and next, ive been reading some of your reviews (yeah i'm that kind of fic reader) and took notice of flame thrower's review. well, i completely disagree with her. i don't think this fic drags. i've read carefuly, and i think that each scene was crucial to the unity and coherence of the entire fic (even if it's yet to be finished). no unnecessary (and therefore dragging) scenes at all. and the contrast flame thrower was talking about, i think there's nothing wrong with it. writing a story from the point of view of a person (viv) so entirely different from faye and spike definitely gives readers a fresh angle to look at the characters from. it gave us a very objective view, which works well for us (me), since watching the anime as it unraveled made us (me) too much of an insider to know what the characters would look like to an ordinary person like viv. so making that happen for us would only mean a couple of things: you're a genius and very insightful.

please update soon too. :)
kapilati chapter 2 . 8/14/2005
okay, me again, and i just realized that jerry might be a pudgy fifty something balding old man with two kids and a wife. if that be the case, SHIN/VIV rocks!