Reviews for A Father Like You
cybermage303 chapter 1 . 1/19/2014
Loved every minute of it, made me actually cry!
Gunzaimyx chapter 3 . 8/14/2012
What a sweet story! I really enjoyed reading this. Auron is always Auron and Tidus is just hilarious esp that birthday part. I love how you portrayed their friendship/father-son relationship. Auron doesnt realize how good a father he could be in regards to not replacing Jecht. Anyway, very wonderful story.
Sokulski chapter 3 . 5/30/2009
WOW! Very cool! I like this very much! It would be a cool epilogue, very in character and it made me laugh a lot! Two thumbs up!
Wang chapter 3 . 1/6/2008
The story really feels like part of the game! The dialogs make you think of the characters of the game, even the words they usually use are present in the fiction! Plus, the narrative is smooth and makes it easy for the reader to envision every scene! Nicely done!
almostyourangel chapter 3 . 4/9/2007
Oh my God. Oh my God.

This was the most amazing story. I actually felt physically sick when I read the final lines and realized it was over-I hadn't actually seen it coming. I guess I ignored the chapter list or something.

Seriously, this is -amazing.- I'm so blown away I don't even know what to say, so this is going to be a pretty useless review. I'm sorry.

GORGEOUS story.
discordchick chapter 3 . 12/13/2006
Aw! This was such a good story! I love the plot you should definatly have more like this! Great Job made me very happy .
discordchick chapter 1 . 12/13/2006
aw this is cute. I like this a lot. Auron is the best ever and TIdus is a little brat but I know he'll get better!
BornfromDarkness chapter 1 . 5/6/2006
Tidus a spoiled brat?oh yeah,this is new...but i think im having fun reading ur job!
Griselda Banks chapter 1 . 3/26/2005
I know it's been a long time since you put this up, and you might not care any more, but I simply have to review this. I was browsing about in these old pages, when I saw the summary to this story. Of course, when you say all fans of Tidus and Auron would enjoy it, I HAD to take a look! I've seen other one-shots of life with Tidus way back when, and all of them are rather sweet, but I'd say this caps all the ones I've seen so far.

All spelling/grammar mistakes (of which you have quite a few) aside, it was incredibly enjoyable to read this story. I've always cherished Auron and Tidus's relationship. I like how you did the parallel with throwing the blitzball, and the whole "now we're even" thing. It's my favorite scene. I think Auron is such a nice fatherly character, yet somehow I can't see him being anybody's REAL father - strange, but true. I think you've captured their personalities very well in this story. One of my favorite scenes was the one where Tidus bursts in and thinks the little black box contains a ring, and that Auron is proposing to his mom. Then Auron just looks at him with a smile and says, "Happy birthday, Tidus." It's really cool.

That is not to say there aren't any problems. I think it seems a little strange that Tidus's mom waits so long to die; it almost seems she's recovering, but I suppose it works best like this for your story. Then, of course, I have my own complaints about swearing and girls and all that, but it's just my own opinion, so I'll keep my ranting to myself, shall I?

You ended it very well. I could just see it like a movie. Tidus yells after the retreating Auron, "What are you talking about?" and starts to run. Then, in mid-step, he stops and it all fades away, just like the ending to a movie...

Overall, I'd say this story gets a 9/10. I give my tribute to you, as someone who will not slander Auron's name by giving him a wierd girlfriend, or putting anything out of his character into this story. You have my eternal gratitude. *bows low with many flourishes*
Noacat chapter 3 . 11/30/2003
Wow! Nice. The only thing I'd criticize is the occasional misspelling, but who hasn't misspelled crap every now and again. Good job.
Shadowsnake7 chapter 3 . 6/3/2003
I think you deserve more reviews. This story is great! It's good to see an original plot about the game. Also I think you got the personalitys and what they say completely right. This is going on my favorite Story/ Author list!
Aelys chapter 3 . 5/30/2003
*_* Absolutely Awesome! I haven't read fics as good as this one in years... Really nice story...
twilight chapter 3 . 5/27/2003
In one word...awsome
reba chapter 3 . 5/26/2003
great story! but, is this the last chapter?
azure-lupis chapter 3 . 5/25/2003
hiya! kick ass story! its not the end is it? keep writing! Purty please?