Reviews for Tranquility
Lady Kaliska chapter 17 . 6/4/2007
(This is DaughterofAeris) I read through your story, I actually haven't read any of your original Tranquility. It's such a sad bittersweet story. But yet in it's simplicity it's very complex. I think it stands very well on it's own, even for it's time in your writing life. Goodluck to you on your rewrite, I will be reading that one as well.
Leon Farfield chapter 4 . 1/18/2007
Wow, I'm only up to the 4th Chapter and I am in total awe. I like the fact that Aeris knows she's going to die. It adds an interesting twist to the actual main story I guess you could say. But I can't wait to finish just because I want to see what happens. Very good story.
Alekos Vahen chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
That was so beautiful, and without a doubt one of the saddest fics I have ever read. Personally I desagree with a lot of the things you put in here, like Aeris knowing she would die, and the whole Aeris/Sephiroth pairing, but the way you wrote everything was so great that I can't bring myself to dislike this story. It is truly a work of art. Keep up the good work.
eeka chapter 17 . 2/6/2006
A perfect ending for the story. Very beautifully written.
AntiCensor chapter 17 . 2/1/2006
Holy Crap you finished something!

Sorry, to my knowledge you haven't finished anything that wasn't a vignette. But then I haven' read all of your stories so I can't rightfully say it. But I don't care, it just seemed appropriate.

You did a good job. You gave us that impossible relationship sap we all love and you prevented it from being stupid. Good work.

I can't say I'm disapointed by the shortness of the epilogue. Usually an epilogue just has to be short. I'm pretty sure that mine is going to be short compared to my normal chapters as well.

Can't wait to see updates on your remaining stories. And any others you might blossom in the future.
tian.kong chapter 17 . 1/29/2006
Beautiful.
Chibi Taryn Demon chapter 17 . 1/29/2006
SO, so good. I'm sad to this wonderfully-written story come to an end, but you handled it with your usual lyrical writing and beautiful description. This was the perfect bittersweet last note in a tale that was simultaneously sad and hopeful. Just amazing! Thank you so much for sharing this with us! :3
Ardwynna Morrigu chapter 17 . 1/29/2006
I love how you've traced growth and change throughout this story. This entire chapter is so full of beautiful contrasts between Sephiroth and Aeris' actual strengths and weaknesses. This entire fic was a good look at acceptance and carrying on despite helplessness against certain aspects of life. The glimpse of humanity at the ending and that stolen promise of what might have been are so sad. It really added to the final point that nobody ever really knows the whole story. It was a beautiful, quiet way to end the fic and really brought the title home.

(This is my thousandth signed review at this site. I saved it just for you.)
AntiCensor chapter 16 . 10/30/2005
Coolness, you do a very good job incorporating the actual parts of the game with your own parts of the story. I like that you didn't bother to make Reno kiss Aeris when they were parting ways as friends. We wouldn't want random proclomations of love at this point now would we?

I can't wait to the see the epilogue, and thanks again for giving me that second review.
AntiCensor chapter 15 . 10/30/2005
And now we have segued back to Aeris. I thought we would, as Sephiroth is little more than a shell at this point and you've already finished the segment about Tifa. Mentioning Mr. Fennyman dying and his wife moving to Kalm was a nice touch I think. After all six years have passed and so important changes like that are bound to happen. Also you needed for Aeris to be on a street corner eventually as she was in the game instead of being in front of a flower shop.

I have a feeling that I know what Reno has to say to Aeris. And I'm about to find out.
AntiCensor chapter 14 . 10/30/2005
Wow. You did such a good job entwining your creative license with the actual parts of the story. I like how you prolonged the death of Tifas father, it was more touching and gave much more profoundity -yes I'm making up words, deal with it- to her character. Also I like how you changed the scene between Sephiroth and Tifa, it made the encounter much more interesting I thought. And now I am finally to the chapters which were updated most recently, finally.

Keep writing Noacat, you are one of my inspirations.
AntiCensor chapter 13 . 10/25/2005
The segment about the cat and cat related things was perhaps the most familiar thing I have read on this web site. I have many cats and a few of them behave like the calico you described, in fact I was reading this chapter with said cats alternating turns in my lap.

A Tifa and Zack encounter is not something that you see often, or ever -incidentally I can't get over the Zack Brannigan idea which you also used in Rose Of Midgar. You do a rather good job with Tifa still.

And thanks a lot for that review. That line you liked was going to come sooner but it just didn't happen that way for some reason. It's good to know that you've gone through the trouble of reading all 240 some odd pages of my story so far. Thanks again.
AntiCensor chapter 12 . 10/23/2005
I think you did a very good job with the action in this chapter; it was written as well as anything else you write, very well thought out and it was creative. All of which are qualities necessary to keep written action from being boring, I applaud and appreciate that.

You do a rather good job with Tifa for someone who writes primarily for Aeris and Sephiroth, and whatever Inuyasha characters you tend to write. I have not read those stories though so I can only assume that they're good.

I'm almost to your recent updates, yay!
tian.kong chapter 16 . 10/20/2005
i love it. your writing style and the way you are able to protray your characters is amazing. i hope to see more soon. from your note, i'm assuming that the epilogue is next; but i'm holding onto hope that you will somehow incorporate an in-depth reunion between everyone.
AntiCensor chapter 11 . 10/19/2005
Nice job with Tifara. It's great when people notice and include that sort of thing. Your discovering where the name Sephiroth came from and finding a name so similar to Tifa and then using it in the story is a nice touch.

I think you did a very good job with Tifa. You incorporated happenings in the games flashbacks and gave us good reasons for why she was a tour guide, and all of those details about her mother and how she became the way she is was niceley done too.

Also it was nice how you took from FF6 and wrote a little about Celes and Locke. The line with 'Her Locke being the the key to her heart' was good. I always thought his name was pronounced Lah-k rather than Lo-kee personally. I like to name him Picke when I play that game.

Lovely lovely work.