Reviews for Tranquility
AntiCensor chapter 10 . 10/19/2005
I thought that you had a Pulp Fiction theme going. Which is perfect by the way, that and Reservoir Dogs are no doubt the perfect inspiration for Turk writing.

I admire the implications with this line "What a difference could five years make?" I like that sort of thing, I like to read about it and I'm greatly pleased if I can think of any of mine own.

And "SWEET RAMUH'S BALLS!" Was very entertaining too. The choices of words that you make are always excellent ones I think.

And I enjoy creating 'OC's who's only purpose is to be abused' as well. You and a couple of my other favorites authors do that too which is probably why I decided to join in with Tucker. OC's are fun.

Can't wait to catch up on the rest of this story.
AntiCensor chapter 9 . 10/17/2005
You didn't approve of Aeriseph?... but, but... aah hell I suppose you just made the segue at some point shortly after you made your account then. Whatever.

Although this was the sort of thing that you at the time uninterested in including and although this chapter is unusually short as far your work goes I think it went well.

I'll be getting on your other chapters another time then.

chow, or ciao, or however you properly spell it.
AntiCensor chapter 8 . 10/10/2005
It's interesting that you've given Aeris so many abilities. The one at the end showing Sephiroth everything he needed to see was particularly impressive.

When you segued from Sephiroth thinking about the Turks guarding Aeris at her workplace and him choking her in the church I didn't notice the segue at first. I thought that he was attacking her in the middle of the street and daytime whilst the Turks were watching. Just thought I'd mention that.

I think I might have been mistaken when I said that I read part of this once. I think that I was thinking of a different story you wrote, I should check your profile for that.
AntiCensor chapter 7 . 10/10/2005
Despite the fact this is is an Aeriseph -And I've noticed this with Purgatory as well- you are keeping the Aerisphness from us for a very long time. This is not necessarily bad in fact I like it. That creates a big pay off later on. But in this one Aeris seems to have a greater relationship with Reno than anyone else, except perhaps Elmyra but you know what I'm talking about.

The history you gave Zack was nice. He's one of those characters where much was left to the imagination so you could get away with writing him in a million different ways. I think you selected a good one.
AntiCensor chapter 6 . 10/10/2005
Heh, Zack is going to be Reno's bitch.

This was another good chapter. I have nothing interesting to say about it though, sorry. Although Aeris's ectoplasmic reunion was quite nice with it's suddenness. And of course Reno's vengefulness is pretty fitting for a guy who electrocutes people for a living.
AntiCensor chapter 5 . 10/9/2005
Your portrayal of Tseng was improved I thought. Like that other author said back then he did come off as a puss and that's just not right.

I like how dramatic his change was depending on who he was with. Sephiroth is esentially batman to Tseng it seemed, he was really damn scary and Tseng was having a hard time pretending that he wasn't. When he was with Reno, he totally let loose and perforated the drywall with his pistol. That was a wise decision, and I really liked the Reservoir Dogs touch you gave the turks with their dialogue. I thought that was very fitting for everyones favorite suit wearing hit men.
AntiCensor chapter 4 . 10/8/2005
Wonderful wonderful, you write a good Sephiroth. Although I must say that when 'The Voice' Dun Dun Dun was speaking to Sephiroth I was having trouble telling if he had another voice in his head also, or if he was speaking to the voice. I'm going to assume the latter because that's more likely and you never said a thing about a second voice.

It's weird to see Tseng behaving that way, but I'll buy it.

By the way, I saw Advent Children recently and it's great.
AntiCensor chapter 3 . 10/7/2005
I am sitting here with a cat in my lap, reading a Noacat fic and eating from an enormous bowl of whipped cream. Life is good.

I think you write -or perhaps wrote, I have no idea how old this chapter is- a good Reno. Perhaps if you ever got bored with Aeris and Sephiroth you could do some Turk fics.

I liked the Pulp Fiction reference by the way.
AntiCensor chapter 2 . 10/7/2005
Heh, Reno said senorita.

Even your older stuff is good. The villain approaching the victim six years before the murder is just the kind of event that I like to read about.

I hope this doesn't sound rude because I don't at all mean to offend, but do you think that you'll ever finish any of your multi-chapter stories? Just curious.
Chibi Taryn Demon chapter 16 . 10/6/2005
I can't believe it's almost the end! ::sniff::

I'm happy and sad at the same time; I want to see the resolution of everything, but I just don't want this story to end. This was probably one of my absolute favorite chapters. The interaction with Reno and Aeris was so bittersweet.

And God! I really love how you tied this into the game, but still gave it your own little flair. Your writing is subtle and flows so naturally, it always reminds me of listening to music.

Okay, enough of my rambling. Great job as usual, and I'll be waiting eagerly for the epilogue. :)
AntiCensor chapter 1 . 10/6/2005
I just got three e-mails, one alerting that you updated to chapter fifteen, and two alerting that you updated chapter sixteen. I wonder why I got two for number sixteen?

Whatever, I read part of this story once but I ended up reading other things as well and I sort of forgot about it. But now I'm going to read the rest of it. I can't wait to see those most recent chapters even if it takes a while.
Ardwynna Morrigu chapter 16 . 10/5/2005
Oh god, that was beautiful! So sad and sweet and very touching. You really gave the events leading up to the start of the game a kind of depth that visuals alone can't portray.
Ardwynna Morrigu chapter 15 . 10/5/2005
This chapter is so sad overall, but it's nice seeing Aeris be a little spunky/cranky in the face of impending death.
anna chapter 14 . 7/24/2005
chance upon this story while searching for your profile.

xie xie thank you in mandarin
Chibi Taryn Demon chapter 14 . 3/8/2005
Simply beautiful. Your characterization of Tifa is likeable and well-done. I love this story, Noa! I'm sad and happy that you're ending it soon...all good things must come to an end, I suppose.

Oh yeah! I have no idea what the new titles for Purgatory refer to. I didn't want to cheat and look them up online, so now you gotta tell me! _
96 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »