Reviews for A Simple Assignment
uber grasshopper chapter 1 . 4/7/2003
WOW! I just caught up with this one now and I couldn't stop READING IT! This is so great (as usual) _ This puts a really original twist on the whole saving Harry from the Dursleys, though I would have expected no less from the great.. you. _ hehe - Keep it comin!
Bette chapter 1 . 4/6/2003
I did not want to leave you with the impression that I did not like it. I think it is original, funny (bipity bobbity boo!)and your characterizations, especially of Moody are dead on. Moody is exactly as I would have pictured him based on GOF. I know in GOF Moody was really Crouch, but as you yourself pointed out in one of your notes, Crouch would need to fool Dumbledore and the rest, so he would have acted as much like the real Moody as possible. I am looking forward to more.
Catspook chapter 1 . 4/3/2003
Very nice. The origionality of the rescuer is great, and I loved how you didn't put Lily on a pedestal (like so many authors do), and how the abuse wasn't over the top (like it is in so many stories). I'll be waiting for the next chapter. :-)
barbarataku chapter 1 . 4/3/2003
The story has possibilities. Write it yourself and do not ask for ideas from us. We are interested in YOUR story not a group effort. If you have a story you need to tell, than write it for your self and not for reviews. Try to watch out for spelling. I am inclined to forgive spelling and grammar mistakes if the plot is good. Abusing Harry is a common plot, but Moody as a rescuer is new. Last, but not least, try to update frequently. There are many stories at ff that have not been updated in 6 months. Try to update at least every couple of weeks, if not sooner. I will be checking on your progress.
Chanzo654 chapter 1 . 4/3/2003
It's nice to see an original take on the Harry being rescued from the Dursleys theme. This is the first fanfic I've seen where he's rescued by somone other than Snape or Sirius. Sounds like it has potential. Lets see the next chapter!
kateydidnt chapter 1 . 4/3/2003
really good beginning!
Bette chapter 1 . 4/3/2003
I am following all your HP fan fic and like them, this being no exception.

The only point I find a bit sticky is that while the Dursley's were never very nice to Harry, they never seemed to cross the line into abuse. Also, the books make it very clear that they fear retribution from the wizarding world should Harry be overly mistreated. I only bring this up because you seem to make every effort to be consistent with canon in all your other works. Of course there could be circumstances which explain this treatment of Harry that you just have not covered yet.
Mad Ant chapter 1 . 4/3/2003
Good start.

I like Moodys' 'spell'.

I'll be waiting to see where this story goes.

Mad Ant
Blue Butterfly chapter 1 . 4/3/2003
Nice job, keep it up!
spacecatdet chapter 1 . 4/3/2003
Interesting story. I don't think I've seen one that seriously involved Alastor Mody and Harry.

I look forward to readng the next installment.
Lady FoxFire chapter 1 . 4/3/2003
I like! Please update soon
Jasmine Black chapter 1 . 4/3/2003
great start, i have never really read a story with moody as a main chacater, but if it anything like your other fics i am sure it will be great
162 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11