Reviews for A Simple Assignment
Molly Morrison chapter 10 . 4/15/2004
Yay for another chapter! I hope that when you finish your other story you will focus on this one, to make up for all the author alerts that I get that are NOT for this story. ;-) Someday I really am going to read that other one, but lately I haven't been in the mood for stories without Harry in them... I'm sure I will be in the mood someday, though, and you will get a nice long review then!
a reader chapter 9 . 4/7/2004
Hi. I love this story. I've read whats been posted a few times. Your understanding of Alastor is really intriguing. He's not a character that gets as much play in fanfiction, especially in congunction with Harry. I'm looking forward to reading more, when you post it. So do consider posting more. Thanks.
Marz1 chapter 9 . 3/29/2004
This is a very interesting story but harry seems a little too young. Other wise a very interesting concept. hopefully you'll update soon.
Wren Truesong chapter 9 . 3/2/2004
Someone -else- who hates the notion of Harry becoming an Auror! Hurray! He's had more than enough of that already, for God's sake ... I want Harry to have it over and done with and then play professional Quidditch for a bit and then ... oh, I don't know, write books or run an orphanage or -maybe- teach DADA or something. And that's a big maybe. But something that lets him love and learn and teach and encourage the -good- things in life.
Me: He shouldn't -want- to be one. He's doing it all fucking ready for god's sake.
My best friend: He's better than them anyway.
... No, seriously. What Auror's can't manage to do on 30,0 galleons a year, a full course of education, extra training and extra experience, Harry does with baddly scribbled transfiguration notes and a few hours of breaking school rules.
To which I could only say, 'F*ck's sake, you're right.'
Okay. On to the actual reviewing now...
I love this cliche/genre/plot idea. Unfortunately, it's usually done with Snape, and sometimes my suspension of disbelief is not what it could me. You know? But anyway, I like it because I'm a bitch and because generally with that sort of summer someone comes along to fix it. That it's Alastor, who I've always had a certain curmudgeonly fondness for, is glory and jam. Always glad to meet another Moody fan.
Rambling in no particular order, I have two things to point out in the case of James Potter:
1) Snape is biased, and we were looking in -his- Pensieve; it's not out of the realm of possibility that the images produced are coloured to the 'author's' thinking;
and 2), and perhaps more important:
People grow and change. They were all only fifteen - and you -know- Lily wouldn't be in the same room with him, much less date/marry/have a child with him, if he were still that sophomoric bastard who hazed Snape to hell. The girl I saw in that memory was too strong for that.
And Alastor would've seen a different side of him in any case...
I really, really love your Harry in this. And Professor Sinistra. I'm afraid the italics didn't come out, but I haven't had too much trouble telling the difference.
Oh, dear. I seem to have more soapboxed than actually reviewed your story, haven't I? But I -did- love it, honestly I did, and I can't wait for more. Keep up the good work!
Finwitch1 chapter 9 . 2/13/2004
Nice... Is Harry entering Hogwarts soon?
NS chapter 9 . 2/3/2004
Great fic..I've been waiting a while to see this updated.I have to ask:Will Harry mention that he almost went to Slytherin?Keep up the good writing!
-NightSerpent
redrose2310 chapter 9 . 1/28/2004
more please this is so cool
ER chapter 9 . 1/26/2004
Harry should be the Hogwarts DADA professor. He did a great job tteaching the DA in book V.
WRITE MORE SOON!
iwasateenager chapter 9 . 1/24/2004
“I don’t know,
Eirian Rhianu chapter 9 . 1/24/2004
great chapter! please continue!
Molly Morrison chapter 9 . 1/23/2004
Yay for a new chapter! I was beginning to worry that you had abandoned the story, especially considering how frequently you have been updating your Ravenclaw story.. Maybe I should get around to reading that someday.. ;-) But anyway, thanks for the new chapter, I was very excited to see it!
Kieara Sampson chapter 8 . 1/9/2004
Ah, so I very much want to hear the ending to this one. I'd not thought much on moody, although I suppose he does have a story also. I do hope you continue it. I think I'll add it to favorites to keep up on it.
Still haven't finished the Lockhart one. I'm sure that after tomorrow I will, but for now, it's bed time. It's highly amusing me all the same.
Ferio Wind chapter 8 . 1/9/2004
Is this going to be a Moody/Harry story? Seems like you're heading in that direction. If you are, then I must say, that is one odd couple! I don't mind though, since I have an odd liking for odd couples.
SheWasWhatever chapter 8 . 1/4/2004
wow. this is really good. i hope you still update. i am excited to see the alastor-harry relationship mature as well as see how much more the alastor-anastsio thing plays out. i love you wrote this from the introspective moody point of view. i can't wait until the next update.
darlingdearheart chapter 8 . 12/27/2003
It's such a lovely story. Please update sometime soon hun! This is very interesting and wonderfully written.
Much to ya,