Reviews for Dreams and affirmations
Desertfyre chapter 7 . 4/20/2010
Great enjoyed this story!
Desertfyre chapter 4 . 4/20/2010
ROFL!

That was hilarious! Go Frodo! D
Mrs. Knightley chapter 6 . 10/7/2008
A lovely story of friendship and healing with some over protective friends. I enjoyed it. Thanks for being willing to share your work.

Mrs. Knightley
Mrs. Knightley chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
I enjoyed your opening chapter, it has sparked an interest. That is so like Sam always looking out for Frodo. On to chapter two...

Mrs. Knightley
Leia Wood aka Cascadia chapter 7 . 8/3/2004
Lovely story! Full of the mingled hope and sorrow found in Tolkien's trilogy. :)

~Leia
rabbit chapter 7 . 2/9/2004
Nice. I especially liked Chapter three.
Alex chapter 7 . 2/3/2004
Very, very nice for a *first* after 25 years.
Enjoyed the emotions and the TLC very much, thanks!
..only minor point however. I really dont think that hobbits (or any other race in M-e) would use such modern US-amercanisms as OK; that can very easily destroy the Tolkien-esk feeling of a tale.
J7339 chapter 2 . 1/19/2004
I just love Sam - I have always been a Frodo fan - but the more I read of our stout little hobbit who never gives up and is always there for his friend.
Some wonderful moments you have between him and Frodo. I love Frodo's sense of alienation and that he has that connection with Faramir too.
Very nice angst to have them find him collapsed by the bed - great to see.
Thanks for sharing.
JULES
J7339 chapter 1 . 1/19/2004
This is a nice beginning - I truly love post-quest stories where Frodo's inner hurts and pain are examined and the suffering and helplessness that his friends are forced to watch.
I am sure Sam would be quite horrified at the idea of someone serving him - but it only seems right at this part of the storyline - he does deserve high honour as does his master.
Onto the next chapter - see you there.
JULES
Lady Jaina chapter 7 . 6/16/2003
What a wonderful story! I even enjoyed the disclaimer! You did an excellent job with aspects of it! I truly enjoyed it!
Kit5 chapter 3 . 6/9/2003
For a first fiction in 25 years, you're off to an astounding beginning!

I love the picture you painted of Frodo's loving cousins and friends, trying to ease his pain and awaken happier times by singing to him and reliving pleasant memories. Poor Frodo- he was hurt so much.

Please do continue soon.

But one tiny thing, and something I was guilty of too: try to avoid the modern expression "Okay". Otherwise, lovely!
shirebound chapter 7 . 5/30/2003
What a beautiful story! My apologies for just discovering it. The final two chapters, especially, are so full of love and healing and peace (and humor!)... I had a smile on my face throughout. A lovely, lovely tale, Helen. I'll eagerly watch for your next offering.
Kay chapter 7 . 5/23/2003
What a beautiful ending! Inner peace at last for Frodo! I enjoyed this story, Shireling, and look forward to more from you. Thank you!
LilyBaggins chapter 7 . 5/22/2003
That was such a sweet ending... I hope you'll give us more Frodo stories soon!
Kay chapter 6 . 5/16/2003
Oh, I would dearly love to see a posse of hobbits! This is great, Shireling. Looking forward to more!