Reviews for A Secret Relationship
FireOpal chapter 3 . 6/5/2004
Wow! That's really good - and such an unexpected angle (Vetinari having a daughter?) but you've made it work really well. However, if I may point out that these things are a little out of character and not very descriptive. But, I do like the way you 'split scened' it at the beginning, I think it fitted in perfectly. Thanks for the read.

FireOpal
Reija Linn chapter 3 . 5/10/2003
Oh, evil. Poor Sam, having to cope with that piece of information, and then the Patrician's apparant calm. Poor Sam Jr., though. Well, I'm sure that Vimes will learn to cope when the anger's worn off, and then all the luck to him and Lizzie.
Eli chapter 3 . 5/4/2003
Great fic! Took me ages to figure out who exactly was who, but I like the twist. Is there any more?
Sila-chan not signed in chapter 3 . 4/27/2003
Aw! poor Vetinari. Well, not really...kind of...? *shrugs* I don't know what Sam's problem is! I'd love to be related to um...the Patrician. I think. Even if he is a little creepy at times... hehehe well I hope you keep writing!
dreamkin chapter 2 . 4/25/2003
yes, love teh split scene thingy, as you put it. i also want to applaud you for the mystery in the first chapter, where you had me thinking '...but she said it WASN'T a slash...'- you devious thing!
dreamkin chapter 1 . 4/25/2003
apart from the obvious AU of it all, guite good actually. i had to read it very carefully because of all the 'Dad's' in it - confusing or what?

it could work, i s'pose. try it and see...oh theres another chapter, hang on...
Jules chapter 3 . 4/24/2003
Just want to say that this is a really good and original fanfic! : )

Please, do NOT change anything in chapter 1, despite the review from BurrowedLurker. It was really fun and surprising to realize the Vimes and Vetinari you're writing about is not who we thought. It truely made me laugh at myself when everything clicked together. It's great how you made people figure it out for themselves. Also, it was your original summary that intrigued me into reading it. Now it totally gives away the surprise! But it's still a good summary : )

I agree with Vee, it was an awesome plot twist. : )

Keep up the good work! I like your writing style. Just a pet peeve though, I think there's a few 'your' and 'you are' mixed up in there. : ) Just a heads up.
Edward Robinson chapter 2 . 4/13/2003
A truly brilliant fic so far, at times I thought it was actually reading Pratchett's work, which is the highest admiration I can show. I hope that there will be an update soon.
Vee4 chapter 2 . 4/12/2003
Hehe, you little sneak. Here I think I'm diving into some slash, and you serve me up a lovely dish of het-fic (sorry for the mixed similies there). Awesome plot twist, and another nice original plot. Good job. Are you continuing this?
BurrowedLurker chapter 1 . 4/10/2003
I strongly suggest NOT implying that it's a Vimes/Vetinari slash fic. It is very, very confusing. And please try to mention that the Sam Vimes in the fic is Sam Jr, not the one who's also Commander of the Watch. That was also confusing, and quite irritating.

The first time I read it, I thought it was a Vimes/Vetinari fic, then I thought it was a blatantly horrible Mary-Sue fic, THEN I had to read it again before realizing it was just a romance set in the far future between the next generation of people.

If you're doing this because it's interesting to have 'twists' like that, um... it'd repel non-slash fans, while frustrate the slash-only fans, and you won't attract the right audience with your summary.

PLEASE put an author's note or something there. Or at least mention that it's a het fic, set between people in a different generation or something.
Twist chapter 2 . 4/8/2003
*is insane with excited snickers* This is so good! I can't wait until you continue it, just because of everything that's happened so far. Vimes and Vetinari are marvelously in character and it's sorta kinda like Romeo and Juliet, though hopefully they don't die. :) Of course, I wouldn't dream of interfering with any plans . . .
sunny-historian chapter 1 . 4/5/2003
Wow! This is so cool! V/V indeed - you cheeky so-and-so! But then, calling the kid Sam does rather invite 'em... This is great! Please continue...

(P.S./ Who's Lizzie's mother?)
Cuwen Eledhdil chapter 1 . 4/4/2003
I like the fact it's Vetinari's daughter, you don't think of him as a family man really. But what about Sybil? If Sam's got titles then he's already married, but this is your fic so you can do what you like with it! I'm looking forward to the next chapter, luv Cuwen xx
Twist chapter 1 . 4/4/2003
Oh, please continue! It took me forever to figure out what was going on (you sneak . . .) but now I've figured it out, I love it! Keep going, I shall be waiting anxiously for the next chapter.