Reviews for Changes and Challenges
celestebeforemidnight chapter 2 . 1/31
This is so good! Please tell me there will be more :D
Midnight Spectacles chapter 2 . 11/14/2019
I was that last review, but I forgot to login lol.
Amazing work! I really do look forward to more!
Guest chapter 2 . 11/14/2019
Oh my word I'm love with this story, and I really look forward to more! Thank you!
Bunnyfire chapter 2 . 5/5/2019
Ahhh I need to read more!. Curiosity killed the cat xD. A brilliant story I hope you continue I'll be waiting and watching :D. Very well detailed to wondeful work :)
tasteofthebitchpudding chapter 2 . 10/12/2018
"The Thorn Mage had been oddly distant for the last week, brusque and disappearing for hours at a time on business of his own."

Uggghhhhh, this line and then not accompanying her to the train station...why are we such suckers for broody man babies who are unable to process their feelings?!

"Chise felt as if the stones were watching and whispering."
This line gave me chills! Anyone who's spent a significant amount of time in places steeped in age and history has felt this way!

Elias feeling the change in the way he's viewed in the village without Chise there to soften people's perception is sad and rings very true.

Elias' conflicting feelings at the end and his inability to process them, to believe Chise could feel for him physically, his self loathing...ooooffff. I'm dead.
Kryss LaBryn chapter 2 . 10/10/2018
Aw, poor Elias! :( Chise needs to give him all the hugs...

And poor Chise, off at college all by herself! :( I'm glad he and Ruth went along with her in canon. Still, absence makes the heart grow fonder, I suppose, heh heh heh.

I hope Chise doesn't skip another weekend, though! They had a hard enough time apart when it was only a couple days with Lindel.

I can't wait to read the next chapter! :D
kamilah16 chapter 2 . 10/10/2018
thanks for the update, although this chapter didnt have too much chise/elias moments
Vendrasola chapter 1 . 7/19/2018
well written and in character. great job, can't wait to see more
tasteofthebitchpudding chapter 1 . 5/15/2018
Eeeeeeeeee! I loved this so much! Their heartfelt conversation, the tentative exploration of intimacy, all of it!

"Soon, she would be downstairs and his day would truly begin"
-oh, the co-dependency is so strong! He is precious.

"One week, and he would lose her to the humans, and he would be alone again. How he dreaded the silence, the emptiness...she'll leave you, find someone better, not some half-finished failure..."
-oh, so heartbreaking! I love the way you write his stream of consciousness here...Elias isn't always able to give voice to his feelings or put a name on them, but it doesn't make his inner turmoil any less real.

"In so many ways the Thorn Mage was still like a child; inexperienced, unable to define the alien world of human feelings"
-!

This was lovely, Riene! For your first venture into writing for this fandom, you've captured their voices really well. I do so love getting a ding in my inbox that you've published something! :-)
squishmich chapter 1 . 5/14/2018
You continue to surprise me. Now, if you start writing X-Men fanfiction, I'll know for sure youre my fanfiction soulmate. :D This was beautiful!
Kryss LaBryn chapter 1 . 5/14/2018
I absolutely adore this! I love these two so much, and you write them very well. I am so glad to hear you're continuing it; I can't wait for more! :D
like-what-was-i-meant-to-do chapter 1 . 5/14/2018
AH! I knew you wrote POTO, but THIS. Agh. Thank you! This fandom has such few quality fics to my taste. This was perfect! Please continue.
LaLadyCavalier chapter 1 . 5/14/2018
THIS WAS SO GOOD ASDGHHN MOOORE I NEED SO MUCH MORE!
Whewf I did not expect it to take such a turn, nearly gave me the vapors! PLEASE let there be more!
The descriptions were lovely,especially the bridge and the texture of his skin (so cool), and everything felt so amazingly true to the real deal!
I've been trying to get Fish to watch the anime and this might be just what I need to push her off the cliff of awesomeness, muahaha.