Reviews for Eye of the Striker
De Amicus chapter 10 . 6/17
Beautiful chapter, Hiccup dealt with the memory better than I thought he would, hmm. That three day hospital visit seems significant. I have a few ideas, but like I said, I will wait to speculate.

Nice song you found, and good job Fishlegs. The Heather comment is interesting. So many questions, but I'll just wait and let you lead us through.
aaquater chapter 10 . 6/17
"We've got nothing but time." The brutal irony of that sentence... But it's beautiful, to see how they were each other's shoulder to lean on with all the rubbish otherwise in their lives. And I have a gut feeling Heather's disappearance will be important later on.
JChttyd chapter 10 . 6/15
Tears... ;(, I feel bad for them. I love how this is going though so can’t wait for the next chapter!
fs440 chapter 10 . 6/14
Wow! You found a treasure with "Marry Me"! Beautiful chapter! You write an adorable Hiccup and Astrid. You can't have too many tender and meaningful moments between them.

I can't believe that I missed the correlation between the title and "Eye of the Tiger"! I didn't see it until I read De Amicus' comment! That's so cool!
BrawlerGamer chapter 10 . 6/14
Damn, that was both heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time. How did you manage to do that? Please oh Please let there be good news for our little hero, he's been through enough

Another clue to the shattered relationship between both father and son. Their relationship was already cracked to begin with thanks to Stoick shunning his own son. Which again, makes me wonder what made him change his mind now to finally try and mend their bond.
Really well done chapter. It is especially refreshing to see Spitelout portrayed as a loving parent who is also sympathetic to Hiccup as in so many fanfictions he is portrayed as a manipulative, power-hungry villain trying to use Snotlout to advance his own agenda. As for the game, while I know very little about soccer, though I am aware that fights both on and of the field are not uncommon, I can't believe that if a game like this unfolded the way that this one did that the refs wouldn't simply call it for safety reasons before someone, in this case Hiccup, got really hurt. Finally, I hope that Hiccup's injured ankle is not a parallel to HTTYD1 ending in Hiccup losing part of his leg.
De Amicus chapter 9 . 6/11
I liked your story title and picture before, but after chapter 8 I you had me grinning madly. That song is a song for the ages.

As little as I know about football (soccer), I was able to follow the local/school/county teams without difficulty.

Snotlout finally crossed the line, although he likely will not understand that the example he set is the reason his team acted in such a widespread and vicious manner.

Poor Hiccup, he is being forged into better metal, and he will need that strength later, but it isn't going to be fun for him.
tom80 chapter 9 . 6/11
The attack sounded nasty, but enough 'to end' him?

Well with flashback chapter coming up, we maybe get more intel about Astrid.
-CSI Miami sun glasses on and music start-
aaquater chapter 9 . 6/11
...and they're surprised they don't play regularly, if their attitude towards match preparation is getting plastered the night before? Besides, I agree with BrawlerGamer - if the team does need to replace Hiccup in the next match, they won't stand for Snotlout being that replacement. A worse performing newbie would do better in that he wouldn't tear the team apart. (Which brings me to the question - do cards carry on between competitions? Would Snotlout even be allowed to play the next game after having been sent off?)
harrypanther chapter 9 . 6/11
Great chapter! I agree completely with Spitelout-his son desperately needs help! But poor Hiccup! Damaged ankle and a chance of missing the championship match, absent father and missing girl...I am really hoping things get better!
BrawlerGamer chapter 9 . 6/11
And this is why Hiccup was chosen as leader over Snotlout, if Snotlout was to lead the team, he would only get them disqualified.

Seems in the end Snotlout's efforts to get Hiccup off the team is going to be for naught. Because his father is going to sent him to an asylum. And even if he did get Hiccup off the team because of this, There is NO WAY the team will allow Snotlout to stay, he would only served to kick himself out as well. I knew Spitelout didn't use Stoick's money because he wanted to be independent. The fact that Snotlout feels they should be "entitled" to the Haddock's money and help comes off that he doesn't respect what his father had been able to do all on his own.

I just hope Hiccup's leg isn't too damaged that he'll no longer be able to play football. One thing I do have to ask though is since they had such a huge lead on them, why didn't Hiccup just have his team just constantly play keep away with the ball from the Nightmares?
JChttyd chapter 9 . 6/10
Damn... I feel sorry for Hiccup, I wonder what happened to Astrid... so many questions! I guess I have to find out ;)

Can’t wait for the next chapter!
Surayo chapter 9 . 6/10
Dude the chapter was intense. With the way the park turned into a boxing ring and all, but most importantly Snotlout deliberately injured his school teammate he could have ended both his and his cousin career. There is no way he will be trusted in school now, Spitelout it's my favourite character so far, dont' read him as a good father often, and I'm loving it
TheChanceyColborn chapter 9 . 6/10
Fucking Snotlout, always ruining everything. You just couldn’t stand it could you, of someone being better than you. Nice chapter.
Great story, but you do realize that "Eye of the Tiger" is dating you a bit? That being said, good character development with Snotlout-it does help to understand his motivation better.
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »