Reviews for El Camino a Casa
Catflower Queen chapter 10 . 9/2/2018
I loved those sneaky little dogs at Ernesto. Imelda is a very clever woman. She knows exactly how to hit where it hurts.

And I loved her reunion with Hector, and the fact that he had a house prepared and was trying to find the right tools for shoemaking and likely a half dozen other things he thought she might like to try now that she didn't necessarily have to work anymore. And just overall the fact that they can both be happy together now while they wait for everyone else to join them.

Excellent work.
SideshowJazz1 chapter 10 . 9/2/2018
I can safely say that this is the best Coco fic I've ever read. It feels as if Pixar could really have done this, had they wanted to, because it brought the exact kind of emotions the movie brought - if I'm honest, this makes me cry more, even in the happy moments. It's a bittersweet ending, but it fits nonetheless. Thank you for writing this!
InYuJi chapter 9 . 9/1/2018
I really thought this was heart-breaking. seeing Hector standing beside Imelda, tryimg to reassure her that she needs to take care of herself first. and boy I wouldn't have thought about the OLD way of identifying belongings with spirits before photos were a thing
erica.phoenix16 chapter 9 . 8/25/2018
Thanks for updating. :)
Corpses playing poker chapter 9 . 8/14/2018
Oh wow, this almost had me in tears. It was beautiful to see how much they all love each other. At least in this timeline Hector isn't blamed and shut out of their lives. He can see Imelda and Coco, even if only once a year.
Catflower Queen chapter 9 . 8/13/2018
Yeah, this was sweet. I'm glad that Hector found friends on the other side and is slowly starting to heal in his own way. And I liked seeing all the little offerings on the ofrenda and the fact that he got to meet more family and set himself a goal to strive for. And I bet Imelda is going to leave him a pair of shoes eventually, isn't she?

Nice work.
SideshowJazz1 chapter 9 . 8/13/2018
This was probably my favourite chapter. There's so much emotion in it, both happiness and sorrow. I'll miss this story when it ends, but at the same time I'm longing to see all the loose ends tied up. I guess it's the paradox of the reader (and author). There's always a good time to end the story, but it's sad to say goodbye to the characters until you have time to reread it.
UnseenVision97 chapter 8 . 8/11/2018
Aaw, Hector must have sent Pepita to watch over Imelda and Coco in his stead.
Riley Riley chapter 1 . 8/9/2018
ohh what a wonderful story. Let me translate it into Portuguese?
erica.phoenix16 chapter 8 . 8/9/2018
I'm still enjoying it even though this is very sad.

Thanks for updating. :)
ViolaHarmony chapter 8 . 8/8/2018
PEPITA! :D Beautiful chapter! Seeing Imelda grieving privately was very moving. Especially since she always acts so stubborn and strong. It’s too bad there’s not enough evidence to prove Ernesto’s actions, but Coco really does come first, and I know Héctor would agree. I’m glad Imelda didn’t blame music. In time, I think it will bring comfort, even if it’s painful right now.
Corpses playing poker chapter 8 . 8/7/2018
I just read through this whole thing so far and wow, this was incredibly sad. I don't think a story on this site has ever actually moved me before. Even though it was obvious from chapter 1 he wasn't going to make it, I still so wanted Hector to live.

This chapter has been particularly hard. I can't even imagine trying to explain to a small child that a loved one is dead.

This is why people read fanfictions. They hope to find one that captures how they feel about the original story, and I'd say you've done that for Coco.
Dragons Weyr chapter 8 . 8/5/2018
Aww. I can easily imagine how hard it had to have been for Imelda to explain Héctor’s death to Coco. A child that young would have a hard time grasping the idea of death. And I liked that even though she was on the brink of banning music, she decides not to just to spite Ernesto. That’s just such an Imelda thing to do
Vanessa Masters chapter 8 . 8/5/2018
Poor Imedla, but Coco is having it worse, not being able to understand.

But this little kitten might be enough to take her mind off things, and Hector will come back..in a way, on the day of the dead.
chase manaena chapter 8 . 8/4/2018
very sad chapter cant wait for the last chapter update as soon as you can please
176 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »