Reviews for A Way With Words
MotherCrumpet chapter 5 . 18h
Such a long chapter! I have to tell you, I laughed so hard when James said he started talking back to professors because Harry never would. If he only knew!
Lara1221 chapter 5 . 22h
I still really love James and hearing his perspective about the bitterness he has towards family and others, and his relationship with Alice and Fred, and the change of character with Hattie. You have a real knack for drawing things out and letting characters open little by little. However, I was really not a fan of Scorpius characterization. The way you’d written Al it doesn’t seem they’d be friends at all, how could he possibly manage to hide comments like that for six years? Some people like to make Scorpius a mini Draco, a prefer a new take but it still works out ok, but it doesn’t really work that he and Al would be all fine and dandy. Still lookin forward to more but I wanted to offer something constructive.
Aleksandra chapter 5 . 22h
I just love to read James' interactions with family members. He was a huge arsehole in this chapter but I still love him, so I think it wasn't too much ;) and Alice - love her; my fav!
Reviewer chapter 4 . 6/18
Love James’s big brother act, and Freddie’s Hufflepuff obsession.
The Quidditch Code, made to be broken :)
drummondj03 chapter 3 . 6/8
Love it please keep posting can’t wait for next chapter
This already looks early on like it’s going to be one of the better next-gen fics, Love the interactions between James and Alice, keep it up!
Lara1221 chapter 2 . 5/23
I like this a lot so far! It’s funny and sweet and all your characters are intriguing and I’m excited to see where they go. I don’t usually like first person but I ppreciate the one sidedness of the story because I’m looking forward to the revelations later on.
Loving the different dynamics between James and his family, I’m happy that at aleast Ginny seems to be a bit sympathetic to James, can’t wait for the next chapter at Hogwarts!
MotherCrumpet chapter 2 . 5/21
I've gotten really bad about not reviewing anything, but I've read all of your Fics religiously for quite a while now, so you definitely deserve a review (or seven) from me! Here goes:

I totally see how this is really one-sided being from a teenage James' point of view. What teenager isn't exasperated by their parents at some point? I'm looking forward to James (hopefully) coming to understand his father better as the story progresses. Even just reading this second chapter gave me a little more insight into what Harry is probably actually thinking. I admit at the end of the last chapter I was a little confused by the characterization of Harry, but I've been reading your work for long enough that I didn't give up after the first chapter! And I'm glad I didn't! I have a feeling Harry would have been front row at the tournament if James had actually mentioned it in a timely manner... Thanks for laying the foundation for a great story, as always! I'm looking forward to seeing how the characters interact at Hogwarts in the next chapter. James being best friends with Alice the Head Girl is sure to bring some entertaining moments. Keep up the good work!

Love from,
MotherCrumpet
sweaterweather21 chapter 2 . 5/21
Again, I'm still frothing at the bit for some more James/Harry interaction to figure out this backstory but this was a great chapter! At the very least, it shows a side of James that apparently isn't seen all too often - his compassionate and hard-working side. And I still love Alice as a character, but I feel like eventually she's going to get fed up with James and we won't have such a nice resolution/bonding moment like we did in this chapter. Great work as always!
SilviaGreyback chapter 1 . 5/18
I can't wait for another update, the language and casual conversation and banter is incredible! Can we maybe see a confrontation between James and lily and Harry, because surely there is a reason they seem so dismissive of James? Or perhaps they apologize? Xoxo greatest story
Rose chapter 1 . 5/17
Really loving the concept of this story- I haven't read that many good fics with James as the narrator, and I think you've done a really good job of getting into his head. I like the 1st person take on this, but I must admit its a bit jarring being back in the mind of a 17 year old. I must say, though, that I can't imagine Harry or Ginny would be so dismissive of their son's passion for Quidditch...

Keep it up!
Rowena Pendragon chapter 1 . 5/16
I understand giving James a complicated relationship with Harry, but I honestly just can't see Harry caring so much about grades and not supporting James' dream to become a professional Quidditch player. I'm finding the characterization of Harry and Ginny to be too out of character, honestly. I thought you nailed it in the Rose/Scorpius fic though!
This is Great, love the length of the chapter!