Reviews for One Shot Wonders
Jerzu chapter 62 . 9/24
I don't get what happening here but I'm intrigued.
luvnanofate chapter 61 . 9/8
Not much is said of Summer, but I can't help but feel some of this Summer might have been a part of the original. A nice job of putting together a great family setting. Thanks.
luvnanofate chapter 60 . 9/8
One sentence that answers two questions at once. Very cute! I just love WhiteRose! Thanks for the fun read.
luvnanofate chapter 59 . 9/8
I remember reading the complete WDU story and literally crying at multiple places within. So reminiscent of my own loss (though this was unfortunately a death) where unlike Weiss, I had no family or friends to rely on (only a bottle each night for an entire year). You write Weiss' trauma so well here, it's almost too scary for me to read. You bring out her pain, confusion or rather fear of not knowing what to do now. And Yang's pushed down pain that she pushesaside to keep up the brave front, yet finally admits to Weiss that she too can't deal with it all by herself. Mikotyzini, you are indeed one of the few great writers here who writing abilities can stretch from humor to heavy drama as well as other genres. Thanks once again for your hard work. (yes, I cried reading this one-shot as well!)
luvnanofate chapter 57 . 9/8
A great story! As a youngster growing up in the 60's and 70's gameshows and daytime soap operas were the rage for many stay-at-home parents (my horrid stepmother included). I have read other takes on this theme, but can't remember one involving the host and contestant. You set this up and executed perfectly as reading it I was curious how you would get them together, cause we know they have to end up together. Can't believe that I once again let time slip by and am having catch up multiple chapters, but such is my life. lol Thanks again!
Tear of Light chapter 61 . 9/6
This one was beautifully written. I really love pieces like this. Keep up the great work!
ftwwtf chapter 62 . 8/31
this was wonderful, I want to read more!
This was a fine chapter. But i want more cute stuff. This chapter hurts my heart and makes me sad. The show already makes me sad too much
Scarletcream chapter 62 . 8/26
Super interesting world building in this one. I’m really curious about these hunters and the mark on Weiss.
Nietmeg chapter 62 . 8/25
What a great read! Love the darker theme
Jambrainbeast chapter 61 . 8/25
I don't know about anyone else but I am definitely hooked on the idea of a longer story based off of this.
Paul Starhaven chapter 61 . 8/19
Mggh *stretches*, I return from vacation from the conclusion of Conflict of Interest to be smacked by great sweet stuff. Not that I mind in the slightest.
The proposal was excellently pulled off, I had to leave an recompose myself.
Okay yeah, besides all that, lemme try a review.
Great premise, Summer being around makes for a very interesting dynamic, much lighter and happier, definitely, and the added resolution of Raven's side from it makes it even more so.
She is fun, tricksy, and a great parent and in general a person I would want to be friends with. The awe that her presence inspires is dotted throughout the story, so it's a developed side bit I found interesting.
While the basis was Ruby and Weiss, everyone did get their fair share of spotlight, and I appreciate that.
In essence, 'twas great, and would read more. I like this storyline.
EndlessChains chapter 61 . 8/14
A well done chapter. This was quite the wonderful read as Weiss prepares herself to meet Ruby's family. Really enjoyed how the family dynamic took place within the household as there was a lot of banter and joy within the house when it came to the family. It was quite the experience to read what life would be like if Summer was there to support her daughters in becoming huntresses as well as meeting their future wives. The teasing was hilarious to read as well as how much Summer seems to enjoy doing so to her daughters. Thank you. Keep up the good work.
Dragon and Sword Master chapter 61 . 8/9
I am a little curious as to what was going on with Summer not being able to do Huntress work anymore (probably something to do with Ozpin and Salem) but this was diabetes level of cuteness. Well done.
EthanVicor chapter 61 . 8/9