Reviews for Mobile Suit Gundam: Project N
Fireminer chapter 26 . 9/8/2013
What a magnificent story! I found myself being draw into the whirlwind of battles and relationship. While the hope is small, I still wish that someday you could finished this great work!
Bishop.AG chapter 3 . 10/18/2012
What a jackass. lol

My only criticism is that there are official English spellings for "Bosque" and "Kishiria." Bask Om and Kycillia Zabi, respectively.
Bishop.AG chapter 2 . 10/18/2012
Again, the change of perspective was really jarring - especially when you had similar names like Dyson and Duncan.

To clarify, did Emily die in the prologue? It said Ryo was the only survivor, but out of four balls in that fight, there's only two knocked out. Ryo didn't seem overly concerned in the prologue interview, and it doesn't seem to be discussed or brought up at all.
Bishop.AG chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
I realize it has been quite a few years since this was updated, but its good enough to warrant a review even then

Very solid characterization and solid action. Almost perfect grammar, some minor typos: Spelling "straight" as "strait," confusing they're for their

I find it really jarring when you suddenly jump to Ryo's thoughts during the girl watching TV though - it didn't read like omniscent third person, so I got the feeling I had missed a transition or something.
pacificuser chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
Nice!
Necroblade chapter 26 . 8/3/2004
An excellent story, very gripping. I've just got one question, what happens next, when will you update?
Marching Madly Onward chapter 26 . 6/7/2004
Of all the people to off in this chapter, I wasn't expecting her. At least she managed to tag the Lucifer with one good hit before she went down. And it seems the possibility of a Duncan/Nini romance rears its head yet again. With the way things are going, the stage is set for a tragic re-living of the Char/Lalah/Amuro incident, which has been repeated in Gundam so many times, or a dramatic defection back to the Tarawa. As for the reinforcement, it's the Zeong, isn't it? It's been mentioned and judging from all the talk of being outdated, it seems like the perfect candidate. Duncan trashing the Flash Gundams with the Zeong would be quite a spectacle.

And I hope you'll be gracious enough to swing by to review my fic once I upload Chapter 6...if I can will myself to stop being lazy enough to finish it already.
Marching Madly Onward chapter 25 . 5/6/2004
And so, the battle draws to a close, quite dramatically I might add.
I didn't think Ford would be able to last very long against a pair of Gebera Tetra's yet he managed to survive. I would think a pair of cutting edge MS with incredibly powerful Newtypes pilots could take down a OYW relic piloted by an Oldtype, even with a snazzy pilot and upgrades. I guess you think very highly of his piloting abilities.
Vanessa's use of Newtype powers at such a magnitude is both frightening and a wee bit on the Mary Sue side as are several members of the cast on a few, very rare occasions...but I won't get into that.
As for the random murdering by the schoolgirl...that was bizarre. At first, I thought it was a flashback, but I scrapped that idea; the chapter is called "Past Lives" after all. Newtypes have dealt with the will of others, seeing another's thoughts, channeling the dead, etc, but I've never seen any mention of a Newtype being able to tap into memories of past lives. I wonder how you'll handle this.
Marching Madly Onward chapter 24 . 4/20/2004
You can really shell out these long chapters in record time. Nice work ethic
As for the fic, another Dieter/Ryo clash, which (while unfinished) went more or less how I expected it to. I really love your battles; they're so well-crafted and thought out.
Nine finally sees the evil of the Titans, or at least a good taste of it.
Yay for cameos, by the way. Al's Bernie-like message was quite poignant and leaves obvious implications, considering the colony's fate.
And the Thoroughbred, that was an interesting development. I wonder if he'll (I'm not going to spoil who it is) defect. He seems like he would, given the right impetus.
I'm looking forward to more, especially the clash with the Gundam. I can't wait to see what sorts of upgrades it might have.
Marching Madly Onward chapter 23 . 4/12/2004
This just keeps getting better and better. A love triangle is obviously developing, but not across the battlefield as seen in 0083. It's all within the same unit to be exact. I can only guess how it might affect their relationships to each other. It will be interesting to see how that all pans out.
And finally we get an idea of what the connection is between Naomi and Gwen. I won't spoil it for other readers, but I didn't see that coming at all. You've outdone yourself once again.
Then, of course, there's Dieter. So many people seem to forget to give their villainous characters any redeeming qualities or human traits, leaving them as a one-dimensional creature. Individuals can be used to represent a certain faction (like Admiral Dyson representing all that is wrong with Titans), but it must be done with grace. And you've done it. I'm starting to feel half-bad for the colony gasser. But this is the level of work I've come to expect from you and your masterpiece.
PS
I know this may seem like begging, but would it be too much to ask that you review my own fic, Shades of Gray? I'm looking for some way to improve upon my fic, because I know it's still lacking. After all, I look up to you as a superb writer, so, good or bad, your critique would be appreciated.
Newtype Zeta chapter 23 . 4/11/2004
Well Alpha! I haven't recently had the time to sit down and review PN, but now that I do, there's just so much to say and I'm not sure where to start! _
First off, this latest chapter brings a lot of stuff together and I'm beginning to wonder what exactly your plans for Alice/Nine are since she was never captured in PN:Version 1. And at one point you mentioned that some other extraneous charas would show up from around the Gundam universe and you brought in the infamous Al from 0080! (We already saw Chris, so I was wondering where and HOW Al might fit into the picture. Wonder if those two are going to meet up and speak again...?) And with Al making an appearance in a Titans fic, I'm wondering if we might even run into a 7-8 yr. old Kamille from Zeta Gundam, though he'd likely only be able to make a small appearance as we all know he's destined to bring down the Titans in 0087.
Those were I think the major points. All other points basically have to do with the occasional writing gitches I see, but those are so few it's not even worth saying they took away from the quality of the story. Overall, Project N is turning out to be intensely more than it was the first time.
The major concerns I might think of are probably going to be addressed later; like how Duncan and Vanessa are doing and when Duncan will get to finally meet Alice and then see where their probable relationship will go. Ryo and Naomi's relationship is another hot topic in the story and I'm waiting for that bomb to drop on Brian when he finds out exactly how deep the bond between the two goes. (Heck, I'm still surprised at how they touched each other's mind and came away knowing everything about the other person and what exactly that means.)
All I can say is that you're doing Pulitzer quality work here Alpha, and PLEASE don't stop this until you finish it! _
Gundam Mk Dead chapter 21 . 3/26/2004
Wow, another awesome chapter. If the people of could write even half as well as you could, would be a better place.
Anyway, the NT reaction was well done and well-placed. I saw the Ryo/Naomi thing coming a mile away. The comment that went something along the lines of "Brian had always been there for her, or was it Ryo? (not exact, obviously)" But still, great chapter and I can't wait to read chapter 21 (or 21 by standardss).
Arthur Hansen chapter 20 . 1/20/2004
Yay! Now I'm starting to understand what's going on. The last couple of chapters had confused me, I didn't understand what was what.
Newtype Zeta chapter 19 . 1/18/2004
Howdy Alpha, okay...woh, where to begin indeed.
This story is certainly different from version 1.0 by an order of magnitude. Though it's certain that certain things are a given right about now, like Nine's true identity before her memory wipe, and the utter brutality of the Titans. Most people don't like to actually put this stuff into writing and let the audience make it up in their heads, but this is something else. (AKA - "In A Class By Itself")
You've also taken a vastly different direction in this version than in 1.0; before it took place before the rise of the Titans in 0083, here it's after their rise. You've also brought out certain characters, like Lucy, MUCH better than in version one. The comedy of the first version is also present, but even better in some segments! (The ongoing dispute between Ryo and Naomi's bet is just too cool!) _
The action sequences are also better than 1.0 (though I didn't think that was even possible to begin with.) Everything from the first version has been re-worked, re-done, and more or less delivered on a much higher level than before with some things that were never even mentioned in version one. It's certainly been interesting to see where you've taken this thus far and rest assured that I'm waiting to see where it's going to go from here.
There's lots of potential cameos in this fanfic, which you might take advantage of, but might not; it's entirely up to you. Either way, I'm saving this story on my hard drive for keeps amigo.
Overall, on a scale of one to ten, this story's about a *thirteen*! _ (And only getting better with each new chapter.)
One small thing though, checked out your profile on the Flash Gundam and while the text is just fine and dandy, the picture isn't loading for some reason, just thought you might like to know about that so you can fix it.
Wing Zero Alpha chapter 19 . 1/17/2004
I see you've progressed since the last I read your work, NA. I really like what you've written so far, since you have a more unique approach to the UC saga than alot of other fanfics I've read on this subject. I mean, you're not following the standard rules of engagement toward UC fanfics, where Gundams are out of reach for characters, newtypes are only legendary and ships like the Midway-class assualt carrier are unavailable to 'regular' officers. I really like the fact you're not following silly rules, because your story is alot more entertaining and at some points, believable.
Yet, the drama and angst are immense. You've really captured the brutality of the Titans and the darkness surrounding the mid 0080s. My compliments, man, that's pretty hard to do. I've read fics that have mentioned the crimes committed by Zeon and the Titans, but I've never seen anything to this degree. Child rape, the constant torture of spacenoids, the apparent lax authority towards perverted officers (Dyson), it really portrays the Titans as they are supposed to be in this period, pure evil.
For characterization, two of your characters have made it onto my list of 'favorite fan based characters': Naomi Wilson and Nine Murasame. However, of the two, I like Nine the most. She's like a battle hardened warrior version of Four, something I really wanted to see in Z Gundam but never got. Plus, I like how you've given her a disability that only the Psycommu system can fix. It makes Admiral Carter look really sinister, dangling her eye operation in front of her in order to keep her a weapon. Nice touch. Naomi is in it for the reason she's also a Murasame, but her memories recovered. I've always wondered if that happened to Four: would she join the AEUG or become even more unstable? So far, Naomi appears human, but I don't know what you have planned for her. And I can't wait to find out _.
I guess there's only a few things I can complain about, like the Mudrock being destroyed early on and Brian getting stuck in a Core Fighter. I'm a fighter fanatic, but I've never been fond of the Core Fighter. Don't know why, just... hate it. Another is the Galbaldys. They seem like decent mobile suits, but they just seemed to be 'tossed in' to Z Gundam, being one of Bandai's marketing attempts. Still, they're a better alternative to the Hizack or in Ryo's case, the Ball, so I guess I can't complain, can I?
Please keep up the good work, man.
-WZA