Reviews for The Consequence Of Caring
Aileil chapter 4 . 2/2/2020
First off, I really like the practical problem you lad out to be solved. It often bugs me when space technology just sort of mysteriously works and all problems are solved by 'dispatching a maintenence crew'. Granted, that's what the details boil down to, but you added just enough in the way of 'why's 'wherefore's and 'how's to make this one read in a highly satisfactory manner. Thank you. I also like the way you identified emotional and social issues for several of the main cast that fit so well with the early days of the expedition. I appreciate your delving into the Athosian restlessness, Zelenka working on becoming the staunch No. 2 we came to know him as, Beckett getting to know people in a new light from how he interacted with them in Antarctica (come to think of it, he probably got to know several people very well in Atlantis who he would almost never have seen on Earth :) ), Weir balancing not just the 'science' and 'military' sides but also learning to build a place for the natives, etc.

All around, this was a highly satisfactory read with all the depth and facets I could possibly hope for. Thank you.
Jennaya chapter 4 . 11/12/2019
Absolutely wonderful story. Well written with an original plot line. Characters were in cannon. Delightful! Thank you for sharing.
Ryn chapter 4 . 12/22/2018
Well written. Well thought out plan. And well, just plain welcome addition to the Atlantis universe!
SpaceCowboy chapter 1 . 12/10/2018
I'm going to start with the opening sentence, since it is one of the most important lines in an entire story. It should have simply been... Carson Beckett decided he was a man who believed in miracles... That's it. Short and sweet and open to many possibilities. It would make me want to read the next sentence for sure. The rest of your opening line isn't needed, it's just filler for stylistic sake.

Good starting chapter. I want to know what's going to happen next. And it was nice to see a little 'behind the scenes' of what was going through everyone's minds during that scene from '38 Seconds'.

Pertaining to Iranda, I thought the reactions of the characters were very realistic. Their skepticism and belief meshed well. This is a multi-chaptered story so the opening chapter works well for building some anticipation of what's to come, and there's a good ratio of dialogue to exposition. Your scene setting was done well because you mixed Beckett's thoughts into the opening scene instead of just re-hashing what every reader already knew (because they watched the episode).
carex chapter 1 . 12/9/2018
I've been working my way through this series and every story just keeps getting better! You have such a great grasp of the characters and their interactions. Thank you for sharing these!
x Varda x chapter 4 . 12/8/2018
Fabulous! This could've been an episode of the show :)
Elise Deschat chapter 4 . 5/24/2018
Like I think I said before...great story...very fitting ending
Var Devonshire chapter 4 . 5/23/2018
I enjoyed this story. It was a nice glimpse into how Sheppard and McKay became best friends and Chaguo ndugu. Nicely done!
Elise Deschat chapter 3 . 5/23/2018
Great story...got into Stargate Atlantis with Comet TV...love it...was actually glad Ben Browder has be tied up with Farscape...Joe really made Shepard believable as did your narrative. Thanks...
Sheppardlover928 chapter 4 . 5/23/2018
Excellent story! Hope you keep writing SGA!
Sheppardlover928 chapter 3 . 5/23/2018
Great chapter! The dynamic duo save the city once again...glad you didn't injure them too badly...you make me miss this show more than I already do! Lol!
Guest chapter 4 . 5/23/2018
Lovely ending, thanks.
Looking forward to the next one!
shestarsky chapter 4 . 5/23/2018
Excellent ending, they got to talk it out without being too touchy feelly emotional. And of course, Sheppard did not share much about his life as usual. Good Job.
Sheppardlover928 chapter 2 . 5/23/2018
Loving your story...love the way you write! Well thought out plot and characterizations are spot on! Looking forward to more!
Guest chapter 3 . 5/22/2018