Reviews for To Protect
eBooeBoo chapter 6 . 9/28/2007
Aw...poor Saya...I really like your OC ) She's unlike any other I've read about before! And as you've mentioned, she isn't blabbery or blushing like an idiot every time Kenshin pops up.
Orange Peels chapter 2 . 3/29/2007
This isn't that bad. I think it should have more reviews )
wulf fan chapter 7 . 10/25/2006
LOVED your story.

LOVE your story.

LOVE it!
skenshingumi chapter 7 . 1/6/2006
Well, I must confess that you almost lost me on chapter 6. I thought, "oh no, one of those OCs that is too perfect for words and stronger than Kenshin and the Shinsengumi combined." I have to say, you won me back with this chapter. Although the idea of this amazing power to protect is teetering on the edge of "too much", it was the premise that she had some unusual and amazing powers. With that in mind, her defeating Jinji doesn’t seem so weird.

I did like how you had the uncle almost angrily prod Kenshin as he, and finally Kenshin, realized the truth.
skenshingumi chapter 5 . 1/6/2006
It's an interesting idea to watch Kenshin get frustrated as someone keeps deep secrets form him instead of the other way around. I liked you description of how they grew closer, with Kenshin expecting nervous glances but getting warmth and understanding instead.
skenshingumi chapter 4 . 1/6/2006
I must admit I am not a fan of alternate pairings but I don't feel that way about this story. I think this is because it is so clearly an alternate reality and Kaoru isn't in the story. I do hate it if Kenshin is pining for Kaoru and she ends up with someone else. Bottom line I guess I just want Kenshin to be happy (which I why I don't like Seishouhen) and overcome his past.

I am glad that Kenshin knew her parents without having been the one to kill them. That has become almost a cliche.
skenshingumi chapter 3 . 1/6/2006
I like how you have really made distinctions from Kaoru with the way Saya is an early riser and helps with cooking and laundry. I like her open nature and the way she is not afraid to be seen going beyond polite boundaries. It seems that Kenshin will be able to relax much faster in this world, even if he is afraid to reveal his secrets. I thought the language you used to describe Kenshin, comparing him to a summer storm was beautiful.
skenshingumi chapter 2 . 1/6/2006
I am not surprised that Kenshin rather quickly accepts Kaoru's offer or, a little less quickly, the one here. I was always more surprised by how quickly Kaoru offered. At least Saya has a reason to offer since she "knows" these things and has a chaperone. Of course, this is not meant as a criticism of the manga as it is my favorite by far.
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 1/6/2006
I loved your writing and I loved ITFH (congratulations on RKRC Fanfiction of the Year, by the way). How is it that I could have missed one of your RuroKen stories? I intend to correct that asap.
Jupiter's Light chapter 1 . 10/23/2004
off to read more!
daniel-gudman chapter 2 . 6/27/2004
Kenshin's "scary,yoda-ish speech thing" is Viz trying to figure out a way of translating Kenshin's idiosnychratic speech mannerisms. In Japanese, he tends to slap "de gozeru" or "de gozeru ya" onto the end of sentances. In English it would probably best be translated as the subordinate clause "in my humble opinion" at the front of a sentance.

People in manga also tend to speak in the third person alot, and Kenshin often uses "Sessha," which means something like "this humble one." I think he uses the ultra-arrogant "Kono Battousai" ("This Battousai") after he snaps against Udo Jin'e, but I'm not sure.

Also, "saya" means "sheathe." Remember when Tomoe asked Kenshin to allow her to be a sheathe for his madness? Yeah.

Short chapters, but it's alright. The leading lady has some charactistics normally associated with a gal named Mary Sue.
Kero chan chapter 7 . 5/25/2004
I am very impressed by your great talent!
I already read most of your stories, but this one is the best one. I never thought I would fall in love with a plot not talking about a Kenshin/Kaoru relationship, but this story does reflect that Saya we all carry inside ourselves. You have a very special way of writing, because not everyone has the talent to make a story deserve to be called extraordinary.
I really look forward to keep reading more of your work! Thank you for this great fic!
Crazy Chipmunk chapter 7 . 12/13/2003
YAY! Fluffiness! i love it!
evlo chapter 7 . 9/11/2003
So you finished another one? Great Job! That was a great story up till the end. I bet that scene would be great animated. I can already see it now. Can't wait for ITFH to continue.

P.S. I can symphatize with you. Homework is awful!
Anjali Sahra chapter 7 . 9/10/2003
Aw... *sniff* Together at last. Hey, me likey fluffy. _ I'm happy you didn't decide to drag the inevitable for too long. It could have been very depressing there. I was already imagining Saya going through classic homeless orphan type hardships, but she didn't. Whew! Nice and sweet. _ Keeping it a solid character piece without getting into sticky drama at the end worked great. Or did you just get lazy? lol Only teasing. That was fun! Can't wait to read the next instalment of ITFH!