Reviews for Sentimental natures
MrsPeelWe'reNeeded chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
A great story. Very well written.
dokichan chapter 1 . 5/30/2004
that was so sweet...aw..I lovecd it! You did a really great job!
Ozma chapter 1 . 5/24/2003
Absolutely LOVELY! Kind, brave unassuming Sam has always been one of my favorite characters (in any book, ever.) You do him perfect justice. His talk about his home and family are as comforting as a glowing fire on a cold, lonely night. You write an exquisite portrayal of Faramir too... decent and kind. Like Sam, he's a warrior because it's necessary, not because he finds any glory in battle. I loved the stories that they told each other about their boyhoods.
ray gower chapter 1 . 5/5/2003
To find a place to insert a scene that seems 'right', especially in something that has been as meticulously written as LOTR, is no mean feat. Starting and ending the scene in such a way as to keep the addition in line with the original is more difficult and the characters true in all forms incredibly difficult.

Here, for your first time out, I think you have done well. Farrimer and Sam were slightly off in terms of the phrasing they used at the start (I read it as an insert with the book), but it was sorted very quickly and it got your message across very smoothly.

Nicely done
Aemilia Rose chapter 1 . 4/18/2003
Wow! Great story!

I have to add this to my list of favorite lines:

"Well, Friend, you do not look like an elf, nor do you talk as one, but in your heart I sense a love of nature and of history and of beauty that can match any elves. In many ways, I find you more favorable than all the elves I have heard tale of, even the Lady herself. I believe it is because you are real, Master Samwise, and not ethereal."

Beautiful. Just beautiful. Iam guessing that your love of Sam helped with this? I am a Sam-lover too (why do you think my name is Aemilia ROSE) so I really enjoyed this.

I like the idea of adding on to a conversation from the book like this. I'd like to see you do more stuff like this.
TrinityC chapter 1 . 4/6/2003
Greetings, fellow feedback-junkie! (and thankyou for your kind reviews!) I'm glad you pointed me in the direction of this story, because it's so sweet and so very true; the friendship between these two is indeed fitting, for all their differences. I particularly loved Faramir's comparison of Sam to the Elves, I hadn't thought of it that way before but he's right! Sam often gets ignored by fanfic writers, but you're doing sterling work redressing the balance - well done, and I look forward to seeing more!
Leah Pensotti chapter 1 . 4/6/2003
Only Human-

Very good work! I enjoy stories like this-small and meaningful. You captured Sam wonderfully and well done with Faramir speaking of Boromir. You can tell that you have a great love for Sam and the entire cannon in general.

Bravo!

Leah P.
shireling chapter 1 . 4/5/2003
Lovely story. Faramir is one of my favorite characters and you have portrayed him so well. The one factor that spoiled the movie for me was the way they messed up the portrayal of Faramir.

Your characterisation is much more faithful to the book.

Thanks a lot. Keep writing
jodancingtree chapter 1 . 4/5/2003
That was a sweet look at Sam and Faramir - thank you!

jo