Reviews for The Shadow of Death
Cesi9 chapter 13 . 9/22/2003
Wow! I never expected that at all! Really good story...sort of destrubing and upsetting, but very good anyway. Good job with the writting!
Konjurer chapter 1 . 9/19/2003
Muahahaha...the first of 33 reviews! *inspiration light clicks on*

By this time, you already know the variations of my opening spiel, what with me gushing and blushing over your profound skills, loving every reread of every chapter. So I'll just skip it D *wink*.

Wow, when you said re-edit, I never expected this. You've re-gorgeous-ized all your descriptions; I swear, it's like falling in love all over again. The cloud sentence is phenomenal. I love, love, love the combination of words you used-dark, flat, a monochromatic sea of solidness-they are perfet, without a doubt. They invoke very deeply a bleak and heavy feel, exactly what Legolas must identify with. Your comparison of the crumbling wall with the dying elves is also very beautiful. I love how smooth the angst runs, it makes me catch my breath-if this chapter were a drink, I'd say it would be a chilled expresso stacked with much cocoa powder. The mood is so despairing, the dose of pain so intense, and the shadow of grief and death so overpowering...you did a wonderful job with the atmosphere and tying it in with Legolas' pain. Wow. Floored yet again, mellon nin...and if this keeps up for the next 32 chapters, I'm gonna make you pay for installing fall-proof flooring. Can't wait to read the rest )...

evil twin
Serenity chapter 31 . 9/15/2003
DUDE! THAT WAS SO WONDERFUL YET IT SO SUCKED AT THE SAME TIME! I WAS FREAKIN CRYING BY THE END OF IT! THAT WAS SO WONDERFUL. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. BUT YOU KILLED DEAR LEGO!
mischeif managed chapter 31 . 9/15/2003
LUV it. ur goin on my favorites list. congrats. u hadt he courage to kill legolas...even elfs die...good job...ithough i still cant ghet over greenleafs death...i dontthink ive ever read a fanfic that good where a main character dies. well...not many...keep writing! i luv ur PotC fic 2!
mischeif managed chapter 13 . 9/13/2003
I suspected it wuz haldir,but only because he's the only one i can remember who died...
Estelle1 chapter 31 . 9/8/2003
No! He's dead :( It's so sad... yet so sweet... the way you have him meet his amme, brother and Haldir...

Never have I read a fic that made me cry so hard. I stayed up late yesterday just to finish it. You did a wonderful job!

Wanda
Estelle1 chapter 21 . 9/7/2003
OMG! Although I know the ending, it's still hard to tell what happend! I hope you'll write more fics without killing Legolas! :P

*goes to read more*

Wanda
Sparky Cola chapter 31 . 9/7/2003
Hey-late reader here.

I love this story. It just broke my heart-my brother told me I'm a dork for crying in front of the computer. I hope you do write a sequel or at least another Legolas-Aragorn story (I'm not sure if Legolas is in the other one posted-seems I will find out soon enough).

Sparky Cola
Nikara chapter 31 . 8/29/2003
I am very impressed. You are the first author I have come across actually able to permanently kill off Legolas. You had me crying by the end. Great job. You did this story very well, and I commend you for it. Keep up the good work, and continue writing.
Emiri-chan the GREAT chapter 31 . 8/22/2003
GAH!

I DON'T KNOW WHY I'M PUTTING YOU ON MY FAVORITES LIST AFTER THIS! YOU ACTUALLY MADE ME CRY! I HAVE TEARS RUNNING DOWN MY CHEEKS WHILE I'M WRITING THIS! I'M DEAD SERIOUS!

Congratualtions, you've officially made a fanfic more evil and with more torture in it than me! And you are the first person to make me actually CRY! GR I SHOULD KILL YOU NOW!GGRRAR-

Well, drat it all, I'm such a sadist that I love this story, but DANG IT ALL I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE YOU MADE ME CRY! I NEVER CRY! I cried during chapter 29 with Aragorn crying over him! I SHOULD KILL YOU MYSELF- But drat it all then you couldn't write more.

By the way, a death threat from me is an extreme compliment, and so is actually making me CRY... I still can't get over it, you are the first person whose writing has made me do this... Well, CONGRATS! On the faves you go. (Man, no wonder you have so many reviews... Sorry for handing you another Ya think you'd run out of room... I never get 300 reviews... But then I've never posted a fic this long, so I normally end up in the early hundreds) Later!
The-Serious-Padfoot chapter 30 . 8/21/2003
hey, i just wanted to say that this was extremely well written. I cried during the chapter, Death of a Star, and was crying for the next hour after i finished reading. I even printed this up so I could read it over and over again without having to go on the computer, and it was ::pause for i need to count on my fingers and toes several times:: 88 PAGES LONG!

It's like a novel thingy! it was size 8 font, too. u've got a long story here! ::sob:: POOR LEGOLAS! seriously, i really am crying. i luv Leggy.. :(
The-Serious-Padfoot chapter 31 . 8/11/2003
She cried since she heard of Gandalf the White finding Legolas nearing death, ever closer. Only a single tear, falling down her face, still falling, chapters later, ending at the tip ofher nose, falling to her lips, which spoke Legolas's name so lovingly, and filled with a friendship never known. Here, this tear, will never be shed, for it is one of many that have fallen. If it falls, it will be forgotten. Never can it fall. Never, will Legolas be forgotten. Remembered, Always.
Mirkwoodmaiden chapter 31 . 8/7/2003
That was absolutely beautiful, I found it because Orangeblossom Took is on my list of Favourite authors and you were on hers I read the whole thing in about 4 hours! I couldn't stop reading!

I was very upset when you killed Legolas, but you handled the death so, so well. It was full of dignity and caring and it allowed Legolas the dignity to choose his own path and I really appreciated it. The last two chapters and the Epilogue were perfect and had me sobbing! The flashback sequence dovetailed so nicely with the reality of the situation at Helm's Deep! Thank you! I only wish my stories were so good.
Mirkwoodmaiden chapter 15 . 8/7/2003
really well done flashback! I think the touch of close friendship between Haldir and Legolas is necessary in the development of the story! Well back to reading!
Mirkwoodmaiden chapter 6 . 8/6/2003
This is absolutely wonderful. I've only finished the first six chapters and all I can say is that it has me gasping and shouting "No! that can't be! That's impossible!"

The tension is almost unbearable and I can hardly read it fast enough!
366 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »