Reviews for The Shadow of Death
Sava chapter 31 . 12/26/2003
oh my... i just finished your story... i read all of it today... i normally don't review, but this is one of the best fics i've ever read! i cried so hard it's not even funny... your the first author to ever go on my favorite author list i'll have you know!
And honor him for his love of life and of everything good.
~Aragorn, son of Arathorn, brother of Legolas~
*goes off to get another box of tissues*
Lina Skye chapter 31 . 12/6/2003
*weeps for Emradil* (Yes, I thought Emradil was cool...until he became the evil scurge of middle earth!) *...and for Thranduil, and my baby Estel, and Legobaby...* WAH!
But, heck...on a happy note, I adore this story! :)
dstrbd child chapter 31 . 11/11/2003
oh. how sad. i just found out recently that u have updated and so i read the story right away. i luv legolas so much and i'm sad that u killed him, but in a way it just made the story all the better. keep on writin.
skyline angel chapter 31 . 10/13/2003
Hola, mi amigos! Hey Aithne! I discovered your story and your wonderful talents on about July 2003. Sorry it took me ages to review you. I am keeping track... since I saved all the chapters to your story, today is the 49th time I read all the chapters all throughout, though not in order. Hehehe...

Please check out my other stories as well! I am a lousy slash writer, and I need advice from a professional writer like you! Also, I will e-mail you within this week, and please e-mail me, too. () I am going to send a full update and what I think of each chapter. Meaning, you will receive about 35 REVIEWS! Have fun!

Congrats on a great success in writing this fic. Shame that it's only a mellon thing. Thinking of slashing it up? A little love never hurts... for A/L, anyway.

Hate Arwen and Eowyn and any other *censored* who dares to get between Aragorn and Legolas. Hate Eldarion, too, shows that Aragorn is now Elessar and he's married to Arwen! R... no offense meant, 'kay?

Okay, maybe this is too long. My review's getting to be a novel.

One last thing, I think your fic...

I love it!

I adore it!

I think it's awesome!

Great!

Cool!

Amazing!

And... *drumroll*

SLASHY!

\o/*o/*o/*o/* - a few cheerdancers for you!

Ciao... until our next meeting... _~

~~Saqqara
lathanna chapter 9 . 10/1/2003
I love this Aragorn/Eowyn thing! Screw Arwen..okay gotta get back to reading..
Cesi9 chapter 13 . 9/22/2003
Wow! I never expected that at all! Really good story...sort of destrubing and upsetting, but very good anyway. Good job with the writting!
Konjurer chapter 1 . 9/19/2003
Muahahaha...the first of 33 reviews! *inspiration light clicks on*

By this time, you already know the variations of my opening spiel, what with me gushing and blushing over your profound skills, loving every reread of every chapter. So I'll just skip it D *wink*.

Wow, when you said re-edit, I never expected this. You've re-gorgeous-ized all your descriptions; I swear, it's like falling in love all over again. The cloud sentence is phenomenal. I love, love, love the combination of words you used-dark, flat, a monochromatic sea of solidness-they are perfet, without a doubt. They invoke very deeply a bleak and heavy feel, exactly what Legolas must identify with. Your comparison of the crumbling wall with the dying elves is also very beautiful. I love how smooth the angst runs, it makes me catch my breath-if this chapter were a drink, I'd say it would be a chilled expresso stacked with much cocoa powder. The mood is so despairing, the dose of pain so intense, and the shadow of grief and death so overpowering...you did a wonderful job with the atmosphere and tying it in with Legolas' pain. Wow. Floored yet again, mellon nin...and if this keeps up for the next 32 chapters, I'm gonna make you pay for installing fall-proof flooring. Can't wait to read the rest )...

evil twin
Serenity chapter 31 . 9/15/2003
DUDE! THAT WAS SO WONDERFUL YET IT SO SUCKED AT THE SAME TIME! I WAS FREAKIN CRYING BY THE END OF IT! THAT WAS SO WONDERFUL. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. BUT YOU KILLED DEAR LEGO!
mischeif managed chapter 31 . 9/15/2003
LUV it. ur goin on my favorites list. congrats. u hadt he courage to kill legolas...even elfs die...good job...ithough i still cant ghet over greenleafs death...i dontthink ive ever read a fanfic that good where a main character dies. well...not many...keep writing! i luv ur PotC fic 2!
mischeif managed chapter 13 . 9/13/2003
I suspected it wuz haldir,but only because he's the only one i can remember who died...
Estelle1 chapter 31 . 9/8/2003
No! He's dead :( It's so sad... yet so sweet... the way you have him meet his amme, brother and Haldir...

Never have I read a fic that made me cry so hard. I stayed up late yesterday just to finish it. You did a wonderful job!

Wanda
Estelle1 chapter 21 . 9/7/2003
OMG! Although I know the ending, it's still hard to tell what happend! I hope you'll write more fics without killing Legolas! :P

*goes to read more*

Wanda
Sparky Cola chapter 31 . 9/7/2003
Hey-late reader here.

I love this story. It just broke my heart-my brother told me I'm a dork for crying in front of the computer. I hope you do write a sequel or at least another Legolas-Aragorn story (I'm not sure if Legolas is in the other one posted-seems I will find out soon enough).

Sparky Cola
Nikara chapter 31 . 8/29/2003
I am very impressed. You are the first author I have come across actually able to permanently kill off Legolas. You had me crying by the end. Great job. You did this story very well, and I commend you for it. Keep up the good work, and continue writing.
Emiri-chan the GREAT chapter 31 . 8/22/2003
GAH!

I DON'T KNOW WHY I'M PUTTING YOU ON MY FAVORITES LIST AFTER THIS! YOU ACTUALLY MADE ME CRY! I HAVE TEARS RUNNING DOWN MY CHEEKS WHILE I'M WRITING THIS! I'M DEAD SERIOUS!

Congratualtions, you've officially made a fanfic more evil and with more torture in it than me! And you are the first person to make me actually CRY! GR I SHOULD KILL YOU NOW!GGRRAR-

Well, drat it all, I'm such a sadist that I love this story, but DANG IT ALL I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE YOU MADE ME CRY! I NEVER CRY! I cried during chapter 29 with Aragorn crying over him! I SHOULD KILL YOU MYSELF- But drat it all then you couldn't write more.

By the way, a death threat from me is an extreme compliment, and so is actually making me CRY... I still can't get over it, you are the first person whose writing has made me do this... Well, CONGRATS! On the faves you go. (Man, no wonder you have so many reviews... Sorry for handing you another Ya think you'd run out of room... I never get 300 reviews... But then I've never posted a fic this long, so I normally end up in the early hundreds) Later!
371 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »