Reviews for Mighty Sword
maglors harp chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
A beautiful story. The last line especially was very powerful.

Unsung Heroine chapter 1 . 7/8/2005
This is truly impressing. I liked it a lot. Still I cannot help but wonder where all your other beautiful fics have gone to?
Deborah Judge chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
Very nice. It does seem that when you read the Silmarillion together with LoTR that the Silmarillion isn't so tragic after all. What would have happened to the Dwarves, Men and Hobbits (and Sindar) if it weren't for the fall of the Noldor in the First Age? Looking at it together makes the fall seem like a 'Felix culpa', a fall that makes redemption possible. What's great about this story is that you show this connection in the most tangible way. I'm so glad that Turgon could see this, and could make some peace with his choices.
queenieb chapter 1 . 2/6/2005
And so the story of Glamdring comes full circle. This is a wonderful work of prose, almost poetic at times in its lyricism. Turgon's visions are beautifully intertwined with the narrative. What a lovely, lovely piece.
Hirotani chapter 1 . 10/9/2003
A wonderful piece on Turgon and Gondolin... [wipes tears] Simply marvelous!
Zimraphel chapter 1 . 9/14/2003
I loved this story! How come it's taken me this long to find it, hm? And anything with my beloved Glorfindel is welcome; I especially liked the opposing gold/silver, Glorfindel/Ecthelion paintings.
Klose chapter 1 . 4/8/2003
Sorry it took me so long to get to this, would not allow me to access (evidently, this fic's so popular that the site experienced overload, ehehehe).

Goodness, Lalaith, I don't know what to say. I agree with Mouse, this story should be worshipped... I'm just speechless. The imagery, the language... *bursts into tears* It's so damn good!

(And I really appreciate the 'cameos' you gave Fingon, :))

It's just beautiful, the way you managed to portray the tales of Turgon and Olorin as part of one big story, and not a joining of two separate texts by telling the tale of a sword that has seen so many things...

Recognised the refs to 'Bliss in Valinor'! :D

Anywho, MARVELLOUS work. Keep the brilliant fics coming! :D
Jillian Baade chapter 1 . 4/7/2003
I can echo what others have written. Truly magnificent story.
Mouse chapter 1 . 4/6/2003

Thank you for a beautiful and meaningful piece of writing.
Soledad chapter 1 . 4/6/2003
A wonderful story. Absolutely wonderful. It is so rare to see Turgon, and even more rare to see Olórin for what he really is, and seeing the two together is a treat.

Connecting all Ages of Middle-earth through a legendary sword is a unique idea, and your writing style is so simple and elegant, it's truly amazing. Great work.
Finch chapter 1 . 4/6/2003
There should be more stories like this one, enshrining the objects and artefacts that carry the memories of the Great Tales of Middle-earth. Very well done!

(one very minor nitpick: Thingol is the tallest of Iluvatar's children, but never mind.)
TrinityC chapter 1 . 4/5/2003
Oh! I really like this! Nature has a habit of running in cycles, and I love the way you've brought that to light. I especially like the somewhat poetic justice that it was the sword of Gondolin that slew the last Balrog (am still reading the Silmarillion so my knowledge is sadly defective in many areas). And there are so many lines that I liked especially that I can't quote them here cos I'd end up pasting the whole fic into the review box, which would be cheating. Suffice to say, three cheers for all the familiar faces (and an especially big one, of course, for the Beloved), and another three for you!