Reviews for Confessions
whatweareafreaidof chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
lets forget about what spike and buffy did. it was werid, but if this happen in real life you really dont get a say. even the rape part, if she forgives him what you say does not matter. so is there any other reason to hate spike of to feel he is a threat.

when he thought his chip was not working he tried to bite a women. ( seems a threat to me) he sold deamon eggs that had the raily come down for becouse when they hatch they are mindless killers, (how many people would have died if raily never showed up) ( spike is a danger again) i would have now problem staking him for either of these two thinks then to have the chip break or not get cought and people get killed.

next point soul spike no spike angle was a good guy, anglius was a monster, he could not be good. cannon was all vimpire without a soul are monsters and they can not be good, jesse, vampire willow, vampire xander, so why can spike

if spike choice to get a soul then he choice to try to rape buffy. if he was trying to lose his chip and got a soul then he starts as a new guy and they should not trust him rate away.

the trigger spike killed 13people and buffy let him walk around free, he was a clear and present danger to every one.

was spike a danger to other people in season 6 or 7 if yes they had every right to stake him. it was not buffy choice.

when anya kill 13 people buffy tried to kill her, did xander get a say.
Elysian 13 chapter 1 . 5/18/2005
Man, Xander in your fic is seriously deluded.

For one you can't say that Spike raped Buffy every time they were together in S6 because she was so depressed she couldn't give legal consent, and then say she always loved him too. The two facts contradict themselves so badly I don't know how to take that. You also can't toss aside Spike's contribution to the fight in the Gift because he failed. Doesn't intent matter worth a damn. You simply dismiss every single effort Spike has made in the good fight. Would you suggest all the soldiers who died in service to our country aren't heroes because of the simple fact that they died, losing their own personal fight. Stop and take a whiff of what you're shoveling.
dogbertcarroll chapter 1 . 2/12/2005
Flatlander Jr chapter 1 . 10/13/2003
This is a very good story, and what's better, it's also plausible. Of course, many explanations can be given to the whole season six and seven mess, but this one is extremely believable. Xander and Wood characterization was superb. It's also very appropriate that Xander is the one to come to all of these conclusions, since he is the one who "sees" everything.

See ya in XanderZone!

beenieweenie chapter 1 . 8/10/2003
I"m sorry. I couldn't even finish reading this. I'd just like to point out that if what had been transpiring in season 6 had been "rape", then no one would care if Spike died and I think they would have made a more conscious effort to kill him. I think you're taking a little too much liberty with the details and events of late season 6. I also think that its sad that a writer of your caliber can slip up and write a basic basher-fic. I can only hope that it doesn't happen often.
Buffy Fan chapter 1 . 4/10/2003
Xander is too self-rightous. This was too close to what the real writers would write that it was scary. Xander is a Jackass in all the sense that the word means. This story reminded me to much of "Kick His Ass," and not enough of The last scene in the epoisode ending where Dawn thinks she is a slayer (I can't remember the name of it). Good job on character accuaracy. Bad job on getting people to like you or this fanfic after reviewing (if they choose to review) this story.
Maggie chapter 1 . 4/10/2003
This is just great. Perfect characterization, and it makes a lot of sense.
ginmar chapter 1 . 4/8/2003
Anonymous, I do not argue with anonymous people. Take it to email. I won't respond any further.
Calen chapter 1 . 4/8/2003
After reading this and checking out some of the reviews for it... I just can't help but wonder if Spike really is any different from his'demonic' self. He does act almost the same, which has me wondering whether he's had a soul all along. And that the uber-demon that gave him his 'soul' might have just made his 'demon' side more succetable(sp?) to it. Not sure, but I wouldn't be too suprised if that turned out to be the case.
Ethix chapter 1 . 4/7/2003
Good story Ten..I think you expressed what a lot of us non-spuffy fans felt about last season and what we've seen so far this season. I don't know if I'd go as far as to say Spike raped her all last season, but I would say that he took advantage of her which isn't much different. The fact that she went to him doesn't matter because if a girl is drunk off her ass, on drugs or just not in her right mind and you have sex with her...anyway you look at it, that's taking advantage.

As for Souled-Spike..well I can't really comment on him. Should he be forgiven? I Don't know. he's so much like unsouled-Spike that it's hard to tell the difference. At least with Angel and Angelus there is a distinct difference between the two.

Anyway, I was going to make a point but I forgot what it was :) Keep up the good work Tenhawk, I always enjoy reading your stories.
Jerry chapter 1 . 4/7/2003
I really do wonder what show you're watching that you can get this kind of stuff from it. The Buffy I watched in Season 6 took complete responsibilty for her relationship with Spike. That's what Dead Things and As You Were were all about. Buffy realizing she had nothing to blame her relationship with Spike on besides herself. She made her choices with her eyes open, and when you deny her any culpability, you're turning her into a mindless victim. And that, I feel quite certain, was never ME's intention.

Spike screwed up in Season 6 as well, but he was by no means some big, tough guy who manipulated poor, helpless Buffy. They were both equally damaged by the relationship. If Buffy's depression altered her judgment, then I think you have to say that Spike's lack of a soul, his demon, his all-consuming love, and his lack of self-worth contributed to his bad decisions as well. Both of them made mistakes.
Nameless Dreamer chapter 1 . 4/7/2003
Not bad. Granted I haven't been to the Journeyverse's Yahoo Group in a while so all the responses I saw were on here.

I think people need to remember Xander and Wood hate Spike the most out of anybody on the show. So of course both of them are going to bad mouth the hell of him even if they are wrong on some points.

Still it was a fun read, nice work.
Brandi chapter 1 . 4/7/2003
For all of you who are excusing Xander's AR because of the Hyena spirit, and still blaming Spike for the AR after he has a soul:

ME has stated through canon in S1-4 of Buffy and and 1-4 of Angel the Souled!Vampire is NOT in any way, shape, fashion, or form responsible for the crimes of the Unsouled!Vampire.

If you forgave Angel and Xander you have to excuse Spike. Otherwise you're a hypocrite and completely ignoring the story that ME is telling. Also, you have to excuse Spike's murders post Soul. You know he was POSSESSED, just like Xander.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 4/7/2003
this is for ginmar,

you could not be more wrong about xander. xander never tried to rape buffy, he was possessed by a hyena spirit at the time, it was the hyena that tried to rape buffy. spike was all spike when he tried to rape buffy.

and about xander having "something of a history of casually doing spells", i'm guessing your talking about that love spell he made amy cast? if i remember correctly he only wanted that spell to effect cordelia so she would want to get back together with him, so HE can break it off with her. and when that scene with buffy only in a raincoat, he stopped buffy from doing anything with him, knowing it was wrong since she wasnt in her right mind. when buffy came back, she was vunerable and wasnt in her right mind, and spike took advantage of that.

and about xander summoning that musical demon. xander didnt know he was summoning a demon, he just thought there would be songs and dances. he just wanted things to work out with anya and have a happy ending.

so i agree with ten here, spike is all at fault here. if spike didnt manipulate her, i believe that buffy wouldve never slept with spike in the first place. what spike shouldve done is help her out, not try to get her in the sack. and the only reason buffy ever came back to spike was becuz that was the only time she ever felt something, even though it felt bad or sick.
Charlie P chapter 1 . 4/6/2003
People that bring up Xander's attempted rape of Buffy are conveniently forgetting that Xander was under the MAGICAL influence of the Hyena Spirit at the time.

Spike doesn't have that excuse he was a souless demon for crying out loud.

You Spuffy people need help.

And 'Kate', the definition of 'rape' fits the story and the characters. Buffy was NOT mentally fit to give consent at the time of their relationship and Spike STILL took advantage of her. That is the very definition of RAPE.