Reviews for Strychnine
Dr. Kaitie Holmes chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
This is really good! I just watched Willard for the first time, and this is excellent. :D
purplemistrain chapter 1 . 7/13/2005
This was great. I was astonished at the structure of your story. You channeled yourself so well in Willard's thoughts and emotions. It's like you really understood what he went through. I can't say it enough this was an amazing story. VERY well structured!
runningwanderingredserpent chapter 1 . 2/6/2005
Wow. I've never even seen this movie, yet I know it must have been good. I wish I had skills like you.
Andrina ER Bitty Wynter chapter 1 . 7/29/2004
ER(since Bitty's not here):

This is good! It's a nice little way to put the scene! I like it! Keep writing!

luv, the one and only original,

Evil_Raichu
lauren804 chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
Wow that was great! I mean i saw the movie but they dont compare, continue writing! Get back to me if u decide to :)
Darth Gilthoron chapter 1 . 4/1/2004
Bloody hell, you're good! :) No, I'm not kidding. Really good. You capture the atmosphere of that scene very well, immediately had it all back before my inner eye.
Ahem... if I may say that... I think Martin says "What's wrong, tiger? Afraid of a little blood?" And Willard murmurs to himself "What could I do?" (dunno how many times) then first says "What can I do?" before he asks Ben "What can we do?" But I wouldn't swear it, after all I've seen it only once until now, I only recently got the DVD. (But ever since that day last week, I'm a great crazy Willard fanboy! *lol*)
Captain Blackbird chapter 1 . 11/18/2003
Wow, I can see the connection between all of your Willard stories. I really like how you took one scene from the movie and made a story on it. PLease make more!
Splash AJ and myself chapter 1 . 10/12/2003
Woah. A wonderful fic. I, actully, was watching Willard last night. With my rats. One's little and cute and will sit on your shoulder. She's a Socrates. The other is big and looks like Ben(Only not dumbo eared). My rats are cool.

Willard(the character) was awesome. I really could see my self in him. But i'm getting off topic. The fic was beautiful.

Martin's a bastard. I hated him. He murdered Socrates.
Nightspore chapter 1 . 5/1/2003
Wow.

What a grueling, deft, insightful and mature piece of work. I'm stunned (and in a good way). Normally, I don't like ff that goes back and explains or reinterprets scenes in the film (I prefer extrapolation) but this struck me like a blunt blade between the eyes as being so very true and right.

SOMETHING happened to poor Willard, that much is obvious, and this story is a chilling and convincing idea about what that SOMETHING was that violates nothing 'canon' yet adds great psychological dimension to an already dark and deep film.

The alternating of Willard's recollections and the repeated "Can't take a little blood, tiger?" is a beautifully done effect.

I actually read this a week ago and had to quash my jealous rage at your work before I could honestly review it (grin).

"in the sickly lighting his incisors gleamed."

You know, that's an effect I noticed too . . . in the scene where Willard finally vents his rage against Martin, they seemed to specifically backlight his ears and bounce a spot off his mouth, using Glover's malocclusion to good effect and making him resemble a human rat. Or am I the only one who thought this?
nickbutt chapter 1 . 4/22/2003
Wow. THAT was neat. Keep it up, I say!
DarkCollins chapter 1 . 4/7/2003
GREAT story! You've captured Willard's feelings, thoughts and actions exactly as was shown in the movie and what was implied. It gave me chills. Keep up the great work!
RocketSolarCat chapter 1 . 4/6/2003
o.o;

I think, I liked it, it was a little intense- kinda scary. *comes out of her shocked self.* I LOVED IT! I don't know what else to tell ya' It was great.