Reviews for The Grave Task
plutoplex chapter 1 . 9/21
Excellent and unexpected. I like your take on Viktor and his reaction to the destroyed eggs.
Kawisdom chapter 1 . 9/11
Amazingly poignant. You've created an honorable, even noble, Viktor Krum. How often, in the Wizarding world, do the characters acknowledge cruelty toward, or suffering of, animals (and Muggleborn Hermione was almost alone in her concern for House Elves)?
He didn't just brood and pick at his expected feast, he chose to face the grieving mother he'd faced in battle and at least express his remorse and prevent the sale of those pitiful corpses.
His knowledge of, and respect for, the dragons was impressive. The stoic surfaced young man was also empathetic. If Hermione had discovered this scene in canon, she'd never have given Ron Weasley the time of day (no offense to Ron).
puzzlecheese chapter 1 . 8/13
This was *powerful*. You've taken this character who was essentially a plot device in canon, zeroing in on what I consider his most disturbing appearance in Book 4, and you've given him depth in fewer than 1500 words. You imbued him with a wholly convincing physical and moral courage, and closed with a stunning redemption. Bravo.
JJFan chapter 1 . 8/6
Beautifully poignant.
Maggie ernst chapter 1 . 7/20
I really loved this story. It had never occurred to look at that chapter from the dragon’s point of view,but it should have
Happydragon5 chapter 1 . 6/20
Oh my word That was so heartbreaking! I think I’ll just outright call you my favourite fanfic writer now
gginsc chapter 1 . 6/11
A very honorable thing to do.
Phoenix Arisen Again chapter 1 . 6/8
Didn't they use fake golf eggs in the 1st task? The same ones Harry & Credic operned in moaning myrtle's bathroom? I think they did. Hagrid and a few others would protest loudly if they used the real eggs