Reviews for Fifty Miles Uphill Both Ways
redlite chapter 17 . 8/19
I just finished watching that episode (again) and I couldn't agree more. This was a great chapter! Thanks for writing.
LadyShada chapter 1 . 8/17
You had me smiling from the very beginning. I love this.
redlite chapter 18 . 8/14
I really liked this - keep up the good work! I look forward to reading your novel someday.
Idreamofivan chapter 19 . 8/12
That was super cute!
Ginza chapter 19 . 8/11
Oh my gosh that was just too adorable. You freaking broke my heart for poor little Sam and Dean. I just wanted to hug them both. That ending though! Just melted my fangirl heart. Thank you for sharing!
So very well done, and so sad.

Thanks for sharing this.
borgmama1of5 chapter 19 . 8/10
This broke my heart...

You captured the emotions of their respective ages really authentically, and from the physicality of your descriptions of their actions I could see everything happening exactly as you wrote it.

Really powerful writing.
JaniceC678 chapter 19 . 8/10
What a sweet story. At seven - nearly seven and a half - Sam is able to understand and be for Dean what Dean has always been for Sam...someone to share stuff like bad days with! I had the feeling reading this that this was one of those pivotal childhood moments when there was a big step towards growing up!
waitingforAslan chapter 19 . 8/10
Break my heart already! Grumpy Dean seemed very authentic - turning his pain into anger, throwing his Walkman then worrying that he'd broken it, struggling with hiding his grief. And the thing he wanted - a family picnic with the school. So sad! He's young enough that he still wants that bit of normalcy. And your Sam - trying to help his brother AND being stubborn! I loved how at the end you brought it back to it being Sam and Dean who were truly the ones there for each other.
waitingforAslan chapter 18 . 8/10
Definitely enjoyed the chapter - a fun mix of brotherly banter and genuine concern underlying it, and then that punch of Dean remembering the movie with the mama dinosaur dying. I liked Sam looking for the rainbow before realizing it was a metaphorical reference not literal.
shadowhuntingdauntlessdemigod chapter 19 . 8/10
Oh my gooooosh I just want to wrap these two in the biggest hug ever. I'm so, so glad they have each other. Dean trying to hide his pain was so in character, and extra painful because he's so young and it's indicative of what happens a lot as he gets older. But of course, Sam knows something is wrong because these brothers are just so fantastic, and is there for Dean the same way his big brother is for him. Just. Awhhhhhhh. Loved it!
Pets Heart chapter 19 . 8/10
I am crying.
Literally.
I am absolutely convinced that there is no relationship as beautiful, deep and unique as that between Sam and Dean, and in childhood it takes on even deeper and more intense shades.
I love it when Sam also proves he can be a support to his brother, to give while he undoubtedly takes, since it was Dean who raised him.
sylvia37 chapter 19 . 8/10
Awesome!
Loved it! So sweet and cute! Thanks for posting! It was a great way to start the day :)
freetobescary chapter 19 . 8/10
Oh god... you just made me cry in the middle of the day thank you very much! What a sweet little story. But heart wrenching at the same time. All the pain Dean felt and all the responsibility on his shoulders when he was a little kid.. It never fails to shatter my heart into million pieces. And you wrote his pain so perfectly I swear I felt it. So yeah... thanks for the pain!