Reviews for Loss
Nightstalcer chapter 1 . 7/19
You're back!
Even though I am not that great of an Avengers fan (but that movie was just great) I just had to read this because it's been written by you.
Please continue your writing, and maybe if the fandom fits, I will read them again.
Great storytelling as always.
Miss Hiraya chapter 1 . 6/14
I have a soft spot for stories in second person pov. They just makes the perspective have a bit more impact. That's probably why I'm legit crying right now. The part where Thor acknowledges Loki's loss like nobody else had, except maybe for Peter, just felt like a hammer to the gut. Maybe I expected Loki to crack open with all those hard encounters, but the fact that he's floundering even what to say or feel breaks my heart further.

I got to say, I've never really connected to appreciated Thor until Ragnarok. His scene in IW with Rocket as he laughed and cried about his motivation "what more could I lose" broke me after Loki's death. That was one of the scenes I cried thinking about several hours when the shock from watching the movie passed. Still, after all of this was fixed and after everyone else have their happy ending, you can't help but think of how much these brothers lost along the way. But Thor had friends, he had people who flocked to him and admired him and respected him. And maybe he doesn't weigh them as heavy as the only family he has left, but he has them. Loki doesn't. He's got absolutely nothing left except Thor and as you pointed out, realistically he'll be left in the same shadow where he grew angry and bitter in the first place except maybe the people, the place, and the reasons are different.

You did a nice job putting that in perspective in this story. Kudos! And thank you for the treat!
TiaKisu chapter 1 . 6/13
I love the 2nd person narrative when done well, and you executed it perfectly. You allowed us a very detailed view into Loki's head and it is utterly sad to realise how lonely he is and how he is lying even to himself. Not that we don't know or at least suspect that already, but it hurts even more in this form.

Like another reviewer said already, this is probably one of the most realistic approaches towards a post-IW scenario where Loki survives/is brought back to life and stays with Thor, and I appreciate this a lot.
The scene between Loki and Peter was heartfelt and the god's inability to respond to honest worry and a true attempt at interaction with him says more than any words could.

Thank you so much for writing and sharing this.
LRRH17 chapter 1 . 6/11
The second person POV really added to the emotion of this story. I also like how you took a more realistic approach to Loki's situation if he should return. Although I love the stories we've all been reading where Thor and Loki are content/happy following an IW fix-it, this feels like a more accurate take on what might happen.
Winter spider chapter 1 . 6/11
Awww, that was cute
I love Spiderman/loki being friends
Keep it up! :D
Beautiful...it's so nice to read your work again. I am also a defender of the much maligned Loki.
Brighid45 chapter 1 . 6/11
This is thoroughly enjoyable-not something said much about Loki, although that really isn't his fault per se-he is what he is. Trickster gods always gonna be tricksters. But having the 'young spider' show genuine concern and empathy, and then Thor's unexpected offering, both acknowledge his right to grief. There's a lot going on here, and it makes for good reading. Thanks for posting this.
Alexia the Rook chapter 1 . 6/10
This was really good! Amazing job!