Reviews for Dark Initiation
RedHood001 chapter 13 . 9/17
Yeah, go Severus! Atwater is an interesting character and relates so much to Severus. It's no wonder Severus sees him as a friend.

I wonder how Severus will develop further, especially with Lily. And Atty. They're probably the only ones that count as his friends. Though the former, not so much now.

I look forward to your updates! You're an amazing writer. Have a nice day!
Yikes. Wall of text...
Skyllz chapter 12 . 9/5
The story is good but the dialogue on the first three chapters need to be fixed. Really turns potential readers away. I look forward to seeing what comes next.
JaneDoh0 chapter 11 . 8/1
Just found this and read it straight through. I love your picture of how it must have been to be in Slytherin in the 70's. Severus, an Angry Young Man alone in the world with no connections or money and therefore no prospects, is easy pickings. I hope you don't send him to his canon fate!

I really like his friendship with Atwater. Both of them seem to be wavering a bit, though sure they have no other options. Maybe they can escape together.

Your "reconciliation" between Lily and Severus rings true. Severus clearly thinks a lot more highly of Lily and values their friendship much more than Lily does. Obviously, their friendship was breaking down long before the mudblood incident. The glimpses we see in "The Prince's Tale" clearly show a checked out Lily-she doesn't check up on him until at least 2 days after James bragged about saving him in the aftermath of the "werewolf prank", Severus keeps asking for reassurance that they are still friends, Lily flirts with James rather than helping her supposed friend and smiles at his humiliation during the mudblood incident, in Lily's final rejection, she says "my friends", not "my other friends" as she should have if she thought of Severus as a friend. The pattern has been set that Lily will forgive her housemates for all sorts of bad behavior, while not even listening to Severus let alone forgiving him. Even with Severus saving Remus, they are a long way from the 9 year olds in Cokeworth.
Isabelle Adamowitz chapter 7 . 6/29
Ok, so so far I still love it! I like how nuanced Snape is. The fact that he has a reckless like Atwater enables you to make it plausible that his choice to become a Death Eater might be something other than an inferiority comlex, which is how I feel Rowling presented it in the books. Very nice character development indeed. I am truly looking forward to reading more!
Cheers,
Isa
Isabelle Adamowitz chapter 4 . 6/29
Hello there! How is it possible that this only has one single review so far?! Your style is amazing, your characterisations are on point an seemlessly blend the canon descriptions with your fiction and... Atwater is really cool! He's witty and I rather like Severus being impressed with him. And the dialogue reads as if Rowling had written it (at least from my point of view). In one of the books I think she uses the expression "dark glamour" in someone's description (for the life of me I can't recall whose it was) of the soon-to-be Deatheaters during their time at Hogwarts and Atwater seems to have that to a certain degree. What more can I say : I love this so far!
Cheers,
Isa
Illidan Strormrage chapter 1 . 6/11
Nice!

I am so excited for next chapter. Please update soon.