Reviews for Lighthouse
Rayeth syrinx.lethegmail.com chapter 5 . 6/28/2009
I think my heart melted by the end. I loved how IC the characters were and I could really sympathize with them. It made sense: this is how they'd truly act. I don't know if it's complete but it feels like a vague Raymond Carver-esque ending and it fits. What else? Oh! I absolutely loved the dream sequence in ch. 2. It's so difficult to capture dreams realistically but you did and that says so much about your writing ability. Very Neil Gaiman that. Yuugi was so...un-emo and realistic. I mean, most writers would take it into the realms of melodramatic angst complete with cutting and depressing music. Possibly with some form of wardrobe change. But you didn't. It was handled so well and I can't praise that enough. I love that you had him go to a church. That fit so well. Um. I'm being incoherent, I know, but I think I'm just so happy and satisfied from reading your fic that my thoughts are a bit hazy. It's like eating something very good and not knowing what exactly you liked so much about it but really having had enjoyed the whole. I really hope you write more. You have such a subtle yet complicated writing style. Um. I think at this point it has become less of a review and has degenerated into very general compliments, so I'll stop.

(Oh, and I recently started watching ygo subbed (having had only read the manga before) and am up to the Doma arc and if you want to talk ygo or Naruto for that matter do email me if that's not too odd.)

-Rayeth
saisei.shinsei chapter 5 . 2/28/2008
I love you. No, really!

This is quite possibly the cutest, most adoreable fic I have ever read! Ever! Well, this chapter, at least. The other's while they don't have the lovely fluffy ending this one does, are very deep and well written. You have a very unique style, I enjoy it alot! Anyway, please continue!

-SS
faithonhold chapter 5 . 2/7/2008
YES! I'm so glad Yami and Yuugi are finally starting to work things out. :D And yes, Yuugi is AMAZING!-and cute! :D Update soon!
faithonhold chapter 3 . 2/6/2008
wow...that was...strange...but it ROCKED! Hehe I love this story! I love your writing style :D
faithonhold chapter 2 . 2/6/2008
Yuugi so mean to Yami! Not really...he probably deserved it! :P I kinda feel sorry for Yami, hope he makes Yuugi feel better! And I agree, the japanese version is so much better than the dub!Hehe, they really do sound like a couple in that version XD
faithonhold chapter 1 . 2/6/2008
Oh, wow. Really good! Though it was just a tad bit confusing. On to chapter 2! :D
olesia.love chapter 5 . 2/6/2008
I'm going to assume the reason I missed this one before was because it's been off the radar for too long. Let's see if I can give you something coherent in three minutes [time limit, go!]:

I adore emotional upheaval. I adore the conflicts between friends and family and about whom characters care the most, so I absolutely love how each of them - Yugi, Yami, Tea, Joey, Tristan, even Bakura - all handle all the emotional onslaughts going on here. And there are a ton.

I like that one conversation doesn't fix everything. I like that one conversation fixes little things, and I like them growing up and realizing the world isn't all about card games, and the ghost isn't as great as first imagined.

I like how you've captured emotions and interactions, and when there's scenery I'm glad it's actually *there* so we can see it and go, "hey, I know this place (if only from memory or a dream),"

and I'm out of time. Damn. I enjoyed!
Angel's Charm chapter 5 . 6/18/2007
Hey, sorry that it took me so long to finally review one of your stories. I'm addicted to your YGO fiction. And this one has me hooked, so, if you have a bit of spare time, please update?

Jaa, AC
Fallen Dragon chapter 5 . 4/17/2007
Wow. So somebody actually EXPLAINS why Yami can touch things? *shocked to a coma* I agree with the Tea/Anzu thing...and really really really really REALLY hope you do a y/yy! they're so CUTE.
Gohanzgirl chapter 6 . 1/2/2006
This fanfic! Im loving it! Can't wait for more! Gahh... my review sucks... need sleep *dies*
fakeitforever chapter 5 . 6/28/2005
ME:ICKY!ew ew ew ew ew! i'm going cough up my splean what ever the hell a splean is!ek!

Yugi:[hits me with frying pan] sorry!she had coffee. anyway, your doing a fine job.
firefliesinlove chapter 6 . 11/19/2003
Aw, poor Yugi... Update soon!
Serah Villiers chapter 6 . 11/19/2003
No! Yugi! What have you done? Is he okay? *Hugs unconscious Yugi*

This is great! Is it going to be a yaoi? I don't mind either way (But I do like YamixYugi _) Update soon!
Strega chapter 5 . 10/22/2003
I've read alot of nightmare sceens and they all tend to blend together after a while...BUT I was very pleased by your writing. It's hard to WRITE a pop out but I thought the decaying double grabbing Yugi when he thought it/he was gone was effective. Also, I liked the 'Whump' noises. You didn't have to explain it. Not everything in a dream needs explanation...it's a dream. And Yugi's barely concerned attitude/slightly insane humor is an interesting way for the 'Hikari' to behave.

Very good. Please keep going.
Namonaki chapter 4 . 10/20/2003
You deserved it, not a lot of people can come up with catchy lines like that *looks around shifty* Hell, I can't...but it proves that you have a great potential and ability to become a great authoress...*sniffs* I suck major $$...I could learn a thing or to from you...take care and enjoy. Oh, and YOUR RULE :)

Y/Y 4EVER