Reviews for A Welcome Surprise
xavierxaphista chapter 1 . 12/7/2020
Awesome one-shot. Despite your concerns, I think you did an amazing job of capturing everyone's personalities, especially Hak's panic over what to do and despair at being unable to keep Yona from the pains of motherhood.
Asterevie chapter 1 . 5/2/2020
Amazing story, well done!
SlightlyAngelic chapter 1 . 7/8/2018
You did it! Congrats on your very first AnY fic :]

I'd been meaning to check out your story and finally got around to it. First off, your writing flows very nicely, making it easy to read and follow. Secondly, I like the detail you put into your writing. I can definitely feel the emotion, love, and nervousness in Hak as he's awaiting the arrival of his child. It was a feel-good story and I liked the message of hope it conveyed. Thank you so much for adding to the fandom even if it's not a fandom you're completely familiar with. Hopefully you'll continue to write and share more AnY stories when you can find some time.
OffsetEvergreen chapter 1 . 7/1/2018
Really enjoyed this story.
RushiAei chapter 1 . 6/26/2018
Wow, this story is so sweet and I really enjoyed it! I think it was great that you decided to try writing for another fandom for this challenge, and I have to thank you for that :) it's because when I read the summary of your story and saw that it was for Akatsuki no Yona, I knew I'd heard of the anime many times before but I'd never watched it. So before I began reading your story I thought to myself, it wouldn't hurt to read up on it a little to see what it's all about. Next thing I knew I'd watched the first and then second and then third episode, and it is so interesting!

I think Hiryuu is a perfect name for the baby and it made me happy to see what it would be like if Yona and Hak had a baby! Great story!
Colorless Butterfly chapter 1 . 6/24/2018
OMG. I love Akatsuki no Yona for many, many reasons, so I was pleasantly surprised to see this fic on your page.

This was a really sweet oneshot! I love the extra twist you added in there with Yona and Hak's son being the true Hiryuu (or reincarnation?). Although I quite like the idea of Yona being the reincarnation herself, this was a really heartwarming take on how the story could go.

Thanks for writing!
Raineya chapter 1 . 6/23/2018
Hey, FanofthisFiction!

I’ve just read your lovely one-shot for the Akatsuki no Yona fandomI’d like to say that I’ve really enjoyed reading it; even though, I’m not quite familiar with the series.

The choice of words was superb which provided the tone of your style of writing to be quite outstanding. Also, the description of the facial featuresthe emotions within the characters are really well put too, especially when Yona was giving child birth to Hiryuu.

Not to mention, the sweet emotions between HakYona were so adorable which actually piqued my interest for this pairing. You’ve also done really well with inserting other characters into your one-shot necessarily. The name “Hiryuu”, where you’ve chosen for the newborn baby sounds quite handsome for a boy.

To conclude, your lack of Naruto has not refrained my interest in reading your fanfic ,but as a matter of fact, it intrigued me to watch a series from another fandom.

Thank you so much for organizing FRMthe “Show Me the Love Summer One-Shot Challenge”. I hope you’re having a lovely weekend.

Raineya
iBloo chapter 1 . 6/22/2018
aaah what a cute and heartwarming story! short but sweet. im only on the second episode of Akatsuki no Yona, but im already on board this ship! lol. i love the name you chose. the meaning behind the name seems to be the kind of leadwr that the kouta kingdom needs.

thank you for making the frm and this challenge!
8ouji-Rui chapter 1 . 6/22/2018
Wow... thank you for this beautiful piece! I really love your writing style, and how you could describe things in your pieces. I think it was very touching. I'm sorry I forgot to review stories for the challenge, but I'm doing it slowly now. Thank you for sharing!
wingedmercury chapter 1 . 6/21/2018
I so love helping you beta. I love all the Changes you did and enjoyed reading a second time:) Thanks so much for organizing these fun challenges; you really get everyone’s creativity flowing. Even though I didn’t know the fandom, I could totally relate to the very sweet and happy fluff and enjoyed a ton. Thanks for sharing your work and organizing us all!
Poodie chapter 1 . 6/21/2018
This was so sweet! I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by this litte set up here. I am, unfortunately, not at all familiar with this franchise, as my only encounters with it have been through seeing it's name. Actualy, my latest obsession is Boku no Hero Academia XD My gosh that anime is just...perfect XD

I still loved this! It obviously holds your great power -you know the one you have where everything you write is perfection and anyone who reads it loves no matter what? Yeah, that one.

It was easy to follow, and I am not at all disappointed by the lack of Naruto :D

~Poodie
een nihc chapter 1 . 6/20/2018
I don’t know anything about this fandom but it doesn’t stop me from enjoying this story. Hak’s agony over the pain he ‘caused’ his wife and his anxiety of becoming a father is portrayed very well here. Their love shines through the story although I don’t know the characters at all. The birth of a baby changes things and I’m glad the story ends with a hopeful note. Thank you for writing.
Emma Raye chapter 1 . 6/18/2018
I'm not familiar with the fandom, but I still enjoyed this a lot. The emotion was strong. You did a great job capturing all of the emotions that come with a new baby coming into the world! I definitely want to check out this anime because how nicely portrayed the characters were here, so thank you for that!
You did a wonderful job showing the love that comes with parenthood and how it affects everyone. And it's also tied in with Father's Day, which is a nice touch!
Lovely work!
Pixie07 chapter 1 . 6/18/2018
Indeed I was surprised with the a new anime as your inspiration for writing, I never saw this anime before, I had to Google it to feel familiar but if I hadn't do it I would enjoyed as much, I didn't feel at lost at all.
yara9292 chapter 1 . 6/18/2018
Your story is so sweet and touching. Even if I don't know the characters very well, I could feel all their emotions.
Becoming parents for the first time must be one of the most special and happiest moments of life. You showed how special the moment was for them so well and I enjoyed reading it.
Thank you for sharing. You did a great jpb like Always: )