Reviews for Rememberance
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 8/1
Superbly beautiful! Poignant! Sam did go to join Frodo in the West but I have often wondered about Rosie lying there all alone waiting for Sam to join her under the blanket of earth.
Connwaer Heap chapter 1 . 9/27/2015
This is so sad! It's perfect.
Gottahavemyncis chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
Despite my screen name, I have been a love of Lord of the Rings for far longer - since 1966, the first time I read the trilogy (yes, I have a lot of years)! Read one of your NCIS stories, went to your profile to look for more, saw your LOR stories and just had to read "Rememberance". It's a lovely letter, just the words needed for a proper goodbye from Frodo to Sam. I still get teary when I watch or read the departure to The West. Just wanted to say thanks!
ls chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
wow-you are really good at this, I will read all of your LOTR stories as well as NCIS!
illyria-pffyffin chapter 1 . 2/4/2004
Oh, Helen, this is beautiful! Painfully angsty, but also full of love. Your love is dripping all over the story. If Frodo had written a letter before leaving Sam, this would be it. I can't tell you what part of it that touched me the most, because you kept a steady, even stream of emotion throughout the fic. Frodo is very sweet in the letter, very much in character. I can see why the story claims a special place in your heart, it does the same in mine. A lovely piece of writing.
And thank you very much for reviewing my stories. Your words mean a lot to me.
TigerLily713 chapter 1 . 10/13/2003
Oh, that was lovely. I think it was very succintly and concisely done, but also full of vivid imagery. Well done!
Cantora chapter 1 . 10/12/2003
*sob* This had me in tears! What pain Frodo must have gone through, leaving Sam and Rosie and little Elanor... not to mention Merry and Pip! Ah well, at least he had Gandalf and Bilbo, with Legolas and Gimli soon on the way!

This was very, very good. Quite original and well written. You *do* need to watch out for typos and such, though. If you need help getting the huge spaces out from between each paragraph, e-mail or review me. (Thanks to the ingenius Shirebound, I have just know figured it out myself.)

Wonderful! I think I'm going to read it again now. Never stop writing!

-Cantora Eledhwen
Kit5 chapter 1 . 6/9/2003
How very sweet, loving, and tender- and very like Frodo.

Indeed it was the best decision for Frodo, but you did a good job of portraying Frodo's sorrow at having to leave. I always felt he was rather dispassionate at the actual parting, but this letter to Sam was a comfort to read, and very probable that it would have been written.
Ceanen chapter 1 . 5/20/2003
many thanks for the review, dear. ;)

What a touching letter you have written. It protrays well the love between the two friends, and the wisdom that Frodo gained along their journey. It offers both reminiscing smiles and heartwrenching sadness. Very lovely!

I agree that you need to review the piece for comma use, and a few awkward sentences. Also, you need to makes sure all references to the Shire are capitalized, because some of them slipped through as lowercase. If you would like help with editing, just send me an email and I would love to beta it for you.

Great job!
Kay chapter 1 . 5/1/2003
This is lovely! Thank you!
Olivia Sutton chapter 1 . 4/13/2003
I liked. Nice reflection on Frodo's part. Kinda' ambigious at the end, which worked.

Don't know what else to say, but I *did* honestly enjoyed it.
Olivia chapter 1 . 4/9/2003
Aw...very sweet:) I could see Frodo writing that

letter to Sam:)
Aduhlokewen chapter 1 . 4/8/2003
touches you? are you kidding me? Im crying here *sobs*.. I dont think ive ever read sutch a beautiful letter in my entire life! Thanks for writing it! Bye
Linwe Seregon chapter 1 . 4/8/2003
You must be a 'proper' LOTR fan.

No slash, no smut, no goo.

I really enjoyed it, and salute you fellow Ringer.
shirebound chapter 1 . 4/8/2003
This is lovely, shireling. I especially love, "You are the brother I never had. I could never have asked for a truer friend or a more loyal companion." Sigh. Just the right blend of poignancy and strength and love.

(As a small suggestion, you might want to get assistance, for future postings, in the use of commas; they make all the difference in smoothing out a sentence!)