Reviews for The Balrog's Lament
fantasychica37 chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
I LOVEIT! Please write more Maia!fics!
Gwen Eruanna chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
How did I not review? I read this a while ago and completely forgot about it.
"I got so drunk on Oromë's brandy that I spent the entire evening calling Mandos Manwë, and it seemed to be a good idea at the time."
Cracked up, I tell you. It was made even funnier by the fact that I get mixed up too. Manwë is the King of the Valar, while Mandos is the Doomsman of the Valar... Right?
HRT chapter 1 . 4/25/2006
The best Balrog fic in the fandom, and the best use of one in a story!
Authoressinhiding chapter 1 . 2/24/2006
very...interesting. What am I saying? It was hilarious!
tonraq chapter 1 . 1/25/2005
I've never read a fic about a Balrog before. I like this one: he's quirky.
balrogthane chapter 1 . 2/27/2004
Wow ! That is certainly a different take on Tolkien. I've always liked the Balrog, nice to see one presented as a sentient creature instead of a giant beast.
kingmaker chapter 1 . 1/1/2004
My gosh, this is brilliant! You've captured the pain and suffering of the Balrog and the utter villainy of the fangirl perfectly. This is such an absolutely great story- practically every line is perfectly hilarious.
dauntless-hurin chapter 1 . 8/6/2003
What more could a Balrog want indeed? Ai, I shall never be able to read the Fall of Gondolin again without thinking of "Big Al". I hope you're happy!

I am!:D
Kira-k chapter 1 . 6/18/2003
Wow :)
Dragon Confused chapter 1 . 4/18/2003
Ok... that was funny!

"there’s been absolutely nothing to do since He got himself shut beyond the Walls of the World for failing to pay his parking tickets and trampling all over Yavanna’s begonias"

*giggles*

Just love the Balrog... maybe I'll become a Balrog fangirl...

TrinityC chapter 1 . 4/12/2003
lol! Oh, now this is *great*! And I love the end!

And as for Big Al...*giggles helplessly* must go thank Lalaith for pointing me in the direction of this fabulous piece of funniness, it's cheered me right up after a really long day! Thankyou!
Dogrey chapter 1 . 4/10/2003
Awesome fic! Best line: "He’s the one who killed Big Al?" LOL! I love it! Glorfindel, Big Al Slayer... Thanks for writing this story, it really made my day :)
Aislynn Crowdaughter chapter 1 . 4/10/2003
Hi! This was nice, and very, very funny. I especially enjoyed the Silmarillion references, and Melians cutlery (and the Idea of Oromes Brandy...) - and the part about the Balrog in his time of the Great Music warning Illuvatar that pointed ears would be easy to grab on.. very nice! This made my day!

Thank you!

Aislynn
HomemadeMagic chapter 1 . 4/10/2003
*giggles shamelessly* Cute! Oh, I'll be laughing over that one for months. Nice, very nice. Very creative. *can't think of sentences longer than three words...drops the idea of constructive praise and sticks to what she knows*

Great job!
Starbrat chapter 1 . 4/10/2003
Yay! Just 398,602 more to go!