Reviews for Escape
autumncat210 chapter 1 . 2/10/2020
It was good
Gir240 chapter 1 . 10/11/2018
Will you be continuing this? I don’t play dbd but the world is interesting and I’d like to see it explored.
The pen or The sword chapter 1 . 7/18/2018
Hmm, I like it, though I feel a bit bad for my main man Freddy. Saying that as its the remake version doesn't feel half as bad. The fact Alex was growing to a point he wasn't just a speck of dust to the entity anymore was fascinating. I wonder though what the entity will do when Alex frees himself and in the process it?
DarkGidora chapter 1 . 6/22/2018
You hand the esoteric, weird flavor of the thing's thoughts really, really well. The terse, direct way it handles the conceits of the game are interesting, and the bit where it understands there are rules it broke so it must be imprisoned, but that there's no reason it can't get around to breaking out works very well. Sort of contradictory statements like "They had simply grown fewer while remaining constant in number", or "Its collection, despite maintaining a constant number, was diminishing", described as a simple trick that was mildly interesting in a mote of dust is quite telling just how beyond everything the Entity is. You did a great job exploring an utterly inhuman POV of the sort of horror show the game is.

The bit about the recent acquisition moving along lines of logic being the key broken against the lock, while the "pattern of nothing" anomaly being the lock; I missed that those were Krueger and Mercer themselves my first readthroguh. And the last lines of Mercer trying to figure out how to get out, and adjusting to Freddy's unique powerset were great (all of the little hints were blatant, but they worked in this context, given how Alex is uncreative as we established).