Reviews for One More Try
Shamanium chapter 17 . 7/4/2013
wow! great story!

I'm really glad you didn't make the Spike/Faye relationship too cheesy/mushy! I do hope you can add a continuation to this story! :P
MaddAlice chapter 17 . 1/7/2013
I absolutely loved the story, thank so much for writing it!
Lady Imogene chapter 17 . 8/18/2012
Loved the ending. Sweet!
LolaStoy chapter 17 . 4/8/2012
Considering the number of stories which consist of angst and death in the Cowboy Bebop fandom, your one was a very refreshing change.

A good change.

Wonderful fanfic, I read this a while back but have only left a review now. :/ Apologies.
Marie chapter 17 . 8/11/2011
Hi! _ Just wanted to let you know that I absolutely loved your story and I'm glad that there was no death in this fic. While I know it's realistic and that life can't be all sunshine and rainbows as we'd like it to be, it's nice to forget the drama that exists in our everyday lives. Which is why I try to avoid reading unpleasant endings, lol.

Anyway, I'm not sure if you have a sequel to this, but if you don't it would be great to see how they grow as a family. Then again, the way it ended was just perfect so there isn't any need for a sequel and... Ugh. Now I'm babbling... sorry ::gives sheepish grin:: Had waaay too much coffee today and I'm still drinking it!

Thank you for writing this wonderful fic _
GalanthaDreams chapter 15 . 6/28/2010
I completely cracked up at this part :) Only good writing can make you feel so much that you have to do something. In my case it was laugh and smile and I have to thank you for that. :)

"Well, it's a really good looking baby. You two must be really proud." He told us, a kind of pride in his own voice at the fact that everything seemed to be alright with our baby. He probably thought it was the oatmeal that had saved it.
samandy chapter 17 . 1/28/2010
I love this story. I read it a few years ago before I really got into Cowboy Bebop. Years later, after becoming obsessed with Cowboy Bebop I was searching for it, having no idea what it was called and only remembering that Faye was pregnant. I looked everywhere. I already had you bookmarked as a favorite because of Center Stage and I scrolled down to more of your stories and there it was! This story just makes me smile and laugh and I adore it.
drana0 chapter 17 . 1/17/2010
Great story! When I first got into this anime I didn't like that paring at all. But you made it so subtil and real that I thought it could really work out this way. You're a great writer (good spelling, good grammar, nice descriptions).

Oh and I might add I don't usually like the "first-person-writing-style", but in this story it just matched.

Keep on writing!
fireblazie chapter 17 . 9/30/2009
OH SO GOOD. SO GOOD. I love your writing style. I usually shy away from first-person point of view fics, but this was just BEAUTIFUL. This is how the series should have ended, haha.

AND THIS PARAGRAPH WAS EPIC WIN:

“That time you said my coffee was too weak? I couldn’t stand it at first how strong you wanted it, but I drank it so that you’d be satisfied. And when you wanted some cheese three months ago, I went to six different towns before I found a store that sold anything I knew you’d eat..."

I just about melted in my chair, haha. This was a great story :D
ayasora chapter 4 . 12/18/2008
what's a pike? lol. XD
ayasora chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
ha. XD i think this might be my second or third time reading this...i'm excited for zee road ahead. XP
Ro chapter 17 . 9/7/2008
Best FayexSpike fic ever! Congratulations!
dkgjrknktm chapter 17 . 9/2/2008
Being a relatively new Cowboy Bebop fan, I have only just recently delved into fanfiction and stumbled upon your story.

First off, let me say that I'm not typically one for the whole "what if Spike lived?" scenario, simply because I feel as if Spike's death was the only appropriately poignant ending to such a series, for multiple reasons that I will not elaborate on in this review. Anyway, despite that, I was intrigued by your fic from the start and barely stopped reading until I had finished.

Your handling of these characters is spot-on, in my opinion. Faye's narrative is witty, entertaining, often amusing enough to make me laugh, and, most importantly, very distinctively Faye. Spike is, as you recognized yourself, a very different character in this story than he is in the series, but in light of his life-altering experience in The Real Folk Blues I find I don't have much of a problem with his blatant OOC-ness. How Spike would really behave had he survived that fight with Vicious is infinitely open for speculation and debate, but I find your interpretation to be plausible and, furthermore, brilliantly executed. Spike is a changed man and altogether different character, certainly...but he is still very much Spike. You have not altered the core of his character. You capture the overall essence as well as the little quirks and mannerisms that make Spike who he is, and you build your own alteration of his character around that. As for supporting characters: Jet and Ed are wonderfully in character and you write them very well.

Also, while the entire premise of Spike and Faye developing a relationship and Faye getting pregnant had the potential to be disastrous...once again, you did it so well. You never let the story or the character interaction get overly-sentimental or cheesy and, as previously stated, you remained true to the core of each character in dropping them into these bizarre circumstances.

Thanks for an all-around good read. :]
Tuppence chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
Hey,

Ok, I hope you don't mind, but I was so impressed with your first chapter that I feel somewhat obligated to write a proper review for each of your chapters. Really REALLY hope you don't mind.

Anyway, to start of with, there weren't any grammatical or spelling errors that I noticed. Any sentences that were grammatically incorrect seemed intentional, and this is a HUGE plus to start off on, so well done. (I always find that I do have some mistakes that I make.)

Next - characterisation. I thought Spike's and Lee's reactions were very plausible and believable. I loved Spike's reactions, in particular. Faye's and Jet's initial reactions seemed too nonchalant, however, especially compared to the mess Faye was at the end, so maybe you could have thought about toning it down a little or something? (I know it's already completed and a really pointless thing to say, but meh.) It just felt like Faye went from 60 in the episode, to 5 here. So maybe even if she was still only at 10 - if there was a bit more anxiety in the air - it could have been a little believable. Although I did love the bit when Faye was worried Jet was going to tell her that Spike was dead and he just told her to hit him, or something alike. It was great!

As for the rest, there doesn't seem to be any obvious plot so far, but you've done very well for setting the scene and the story. It was interesting, the momentum was maintained well, and there wasn't really a single dull moment, so it was a brilliant chapter!

Really loved it, and look forward to reading the rest of your story. I hope you start another fic for CB!

If you get the time, I hope you'll read and review my own fic that I've started, inspired by how many well-written multi-chaptered fics there were for CB. /s/4412837/1/Sometimes_its_enough

Can't wait to read the rest.

Trins x
Murasaki09 chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
Usually I don't read any fics that aren't of IY, but for some reason that I still can't remember, I started reading this one. And you know what? I'm so glad I did so. I loved it, despite the fact that I can only remember like half of the CB series (plus the movie)...and I had some black spaces, but that didn't matter 'cause I loved this story, and it made me feel like going out and buying the whole series.