Reviews for Jaime
leafs nation chapter 2 . 3/20/2019
Well... this has been a pleasant surprise, to say the least. Any story with Jane usually has me at least intrigued, but damn, man, you're really making this story one of a kind. Jane's clearly grown up in more ways than one, what with the fact that she's struggling to keep her survivalist tendencies on the down-low in front of her child, to actually seeming to care for this girl and wanting to protect her from the dangers of this world (at least until she's old enough to truly understand what's going on).

But holy shit dude, you've got me foaming at the mouth wondering what the heck happened to Luke (and, I'm guessing from the clues, Clementine). It sounds like they were a pretty rockin' family, what with how much more Jane seems to miss the old softie in this compared to season two. I could only imagine the sort of shenanigans those crazy kids would've gotten up to had things played out differently.

I really enjoy the approach you're taking with this dynamic you've created between Jane and Jaime (which by the way, her name's JAIME? Awww :D) You really nail the dialogue between the two of them, and it seems that Jaime's seemingly bubbly personality and hope for the future has made her mother seem a little less on edge. Not to say that Jane doesn't have that instinct with her anymore, but it's nice to see that she can actually somewhat relax a bit.

Anyway, you've really hiked up the mystery on this one, Browne! Can't wait to see where you go next with this, and I'm deeply sorry about not reviewing earlier! Glad to see you're still keeping Jane's character alive, for lack of a better term xD
LiklTheSleepy chapter 1 . 3/9/2019
It's a fantastical chapter and I would recommend it to my friend! Ik hou niet van de navos: /
ya boi chapter 2 . 3/6/2019
This is a great chapter :) I really like how young and carefree Jaime seems to be despite the fact she's obviously carrying around really bad memories of what happened to Luke. The conversation her and Jane have about the 'fishy' and the bad dreams also were downright golden in the way it was written :D
thedaikaijumorph chapter 2 . 3/6/2019
At last, the second chapter is out! While I enjoyed this flawless chapter as a whole, my favorite part was when Jamie yells out “hello mister fish!” The reason why I think this is the best part isn’t just because of how cute Jamie is. No, the main reason is that Jane smiles at the sound of it. She doesn’t think negative thoughts, such as her daughter being too naive, but instead revels in her daughter’s joy and happiness. She’s slowly understanding that while being critical of yourself is essential in the apocalypse, you don’t have to be critical 24/7 every second you breathe. It’s okay to show happiness, because, as Louis proves in “The Final Season” joy isn’t a weakness at all. It’ a strength. And Jane is slowly taking notice of that.

Character development, people. Something that the writers of “A New Frontier” were barely (if at all) interested in.

To put it aside, I’m excited for the next chapter. Hopefully Jane’s instincts are right. Maybe their luck will change for the better. Maybe Jane will start to slowly let go of her fear. Hopefully they’ll safely wait it out as the zombies slowly decompose until there’s no zombies left. Hell, maybe their luck will get so good they’ll run into a certain other character raising a child of her own... ... ... :)

Anyways, keep being awesome, o great BHBrowne! I’ve been TheDaikaijuMorph. Goodnight, Sleep Tight, Don’t let the Walkers Bite, and remember:

“Sometimes the kids have to show their parents the way.”

-Carl Grimes
Fan chapter 1 . 7/16/2018
AAAAAAAAA THIS IS SO GOOD! I love this lil kid, and I love how you’ve written Jane as a parental figure. Really anxious to find out what’s happened to the father, Luke I’m guessing? O:
Regardless, Thank you for sharing this fic! I absolutely love it and I can’t wait for the next chapter! ;w;
PunctuationPoint chapter 1 . 6/30/2018
I awwh'd a little bit at the end of this, not gonna lie.

There's very little out there exploring the possibility of Jane becoming a mother, so seeing this story of yours finally coming to fruition has been something I've been looking forward to for what feels like at least a year.

Her dynamic as a sister is always the most interesting thing, I find, about Jane, but seeing her take on a motherly role just topped that. She's hesitant about it, for sure, and seems to distance herself from little Jaime towards the beginning of the chapter, but you can tell that she cares deeply about her daughter. I'm also really liking the characterization of Jaime, that mix of child-like innocence with - what I'm sure will be explored further - being a survivor in the only world she's known.

Overall, the way this scene played out was superbly done, and I look forward to seeing more with the two of 'em in the future :)
TheBigBadWolf1 chapter 1 . 6/29/2018
Oh, look, it's the return of the mighty Browne as if it were the autumn season! Shit pun out of the way, let's dive into this.

I'll admit that I'm extremely dense and it took me a while to understand who this kid was, but eventually I understood xD the style of the writing is still on point my man, the metaphors and vocabulary still paint extremely vivid images in my head, and of course, you take no time diving into the fluff!

Loved that cutesy shit with the kid writing NY HOUSE and all, then mama Jane corrects her. Jane is still the same ol' Jane we know but at the same time we get to see her in a much different light, with her attitude and speech changing in order to communicate with this kid, but she still retains that tough attitude whenever she can even in the little things, such as when she wants her kid to say "doggy" instead of "dog". The details are really what make these small stories from you, and the way you write this character's thoughts just make it a pleasure to stroll through their minds.

This oneshot (I presume?) was also pretty atmospheric, I could really feel the desolate, boring aspect of this apocalyptic world, especially with the bitter sorrow whenever they mention Luke.

Seeing Jane adjusted to her mom status really makes for an interesting read, with the way she can't quite understand how kids work and her "I told you so" attitude in the end of the story. Btw this shit made me smile, 2 cutesy 4 me

Great job, man, I think anyone wanting to read something interesting and new about Jane will have a blast with this like I have.
ForeseeObstacles chapter 1 . 6/27/2018
I adore this. I read this three times just to be able to handle how much I adore it.

If I tried to express how much I love Jaime I would fill multiple pages with randomly capitalized nonsense and sound effects because she’s not only realistically written as a child, with spelling mistakes and earnest questions and excitement over tiny animals, but you also gave her a personality that goes beyond “generic cute kid.” She’s quiet and smart (like her mom) and sad but hopeful (like her dad). She’s a curious and inquisitive little nugget. And as I said, extra cute.

The idea of Jane carrying out her pregnancy, even without Luke, is something I found really interesting. Luke having been there for at least part of Jaime’s life made the concept even cooler. Much, much sadder, but also cooler.

Even without Luke present in the story, you showed through Jaime and Jane’s interactions that they were night and day as parents, not necessarily in a bad way. Jane is pragmatic and more reserved in the way she mothers – I got the impression that she’s still a tad uncomfortable showing affection, despite loving the kid very much, maybe because she never thought she’d be a mother, or maybe because canon Jane already had a phobia of getting close to people for fear of losing them, which would have been magnified by having a child – whereas Luke was probably a constant shower of emotional openness and affection.

You can see the comparisons in the way Jane reacts to the lost gloves, having to remember that Luke’s tactics for getting her to tell the truth were different (and more effective) than her own. She has to remember to be patient while Luke probably always was, without trying. Between the two, Jane was likely the one more focused on necessities and survival, and while I’m sure Luke wasn’t useless in that regard he probably wasn’t as good at it as she is – just like Jane had to put more effort into being patient and nurturing. Luke was the “fun” parent, telling her things that weren’t necessarily true, or at least weren’t the whole truth to give her a sense of hope, while Jane probably didn’t see any value in false hope. The bit where Jaime thinks she’s invisible if her eyes are closed – which we know she picked up from her dad letting her win at hide and seek – is a perfect example. While it’s super cute, when we look at it from Jane’s perspective, he didn’t do her any favors by convincing her that she disappears when she closes her eyes. Luke saw a way to let Jaime win their game and make her happy, whereas Jane might see a mistake that might get her killed one day – bandits and wild animals aren’t going to play along and pretend they can’t see her.

All of this is implied in the writing, and it’s one of my favorite things about it that so much can be inferred from Jane’s thoughts and the limited conversation she has with her nugget. It gives the reader a lot to think about, and it’s an awesome interpretation of what Jane and Luke would have been like as parents, had they gotten the chance.

10 Jaimes/10 Jaimes. If I could request anything it would be a flashback involving Luke, because I would like to cry about the feels this writing gives me more than I already have. Please continue to write because your work is beautiful and thoughtful and it brings original ideas to the fandom and is honestly a perfect example of what good fanfiction – and writing in general – is.

Hella.
Ledgeman chapter 1 . 6/23/2018
Heyo ;) I hear an awesome writer as finally updated, so I just had to come look.

The whole idea of Jane gaining the title of motherhood this far into the outbreak is a concept relatively untouched, so I was really keen to see your take on it. Especially considering the supposed backstory of this little mystery kid. I love how you left the details vague enough but the hints were there for me to work out as I read along. It seems like old habits die hard for Jane, I feel like you really got her conflict down. Trying to be this warm mother figure but also conflicting with her views on survival in general, so it feels like there's a balance there she's always fighting to achieve, in regards to the way she behaves around the kid.

Very curious to see where it goes from here! And what other little tidbits from the past we might find out in regards to certain OTHER people Jane knew ; )

Awesome read, hopefully see you at the next chapter!
smeake chapter 1 . 6/23/2018
Aww so cute, great intro chapter man, can't wait for the next one, I'll be on the edge of my seat waiting for it.
thedaikaijumorph chapter 1 . 6/23/2018
This was absolutely beautiful. Both characters are so well written AND we have a sense of dread regarding just how/why Luke isn’t with them anymore. I rate this story Five half-full water bottles out of five!