Reviews for Ghosts
steepedinwords chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
I enjoyed this. The similarity between Mal and Simon has always struck me, and this just underlines it.

One suggestion: this paragraph is a bit choppy and abrupt.

'He laid the photo aside and closed his eyes. "Ta-ma-de!" His eyes flew open again. He stared at the photo. "What do I do with you now?"'
LaLa chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
So so good. Really deep, you captured the characters perfectly!
ks chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
So I know you wrote this some 7 years ago (I just got the urge to read a ton of firefly fanfic), but I just had to comment. Your writing is hypnotizing and beautiful. All I know is that by the end of your story I was crying (and that does not happen) because I could feel all the emotions and experiences of Mal and Simon. Amazing job.
bunny angel chapter 1 . 12/10/2004
i didn't expect to cry, but i did. bravo.
Carole chapter 1 . 8/10/2004
This is great! I've read many many firefly fics here (I'm obsessed, duh) and am so happy to continue to watch the lives of the Serenity crew. One of the things I love about fanfic is how different stories highlight themes and ideas I'd not seen myself from watching the show. The similarities between Simon and Mal is one of those themes. Your story is wonderful at showing exactly how alike the two characters are, though I'd think it'd take a while for either of them to recognize or admit it. Lovely!
bushlaboo chapter 1 . 4/14/2003
Maystone I just loved this story. It was really great getting a slice of Mal's past through Simon, especially focusing on the darkness in Mal. It always seemed to teeter ... and it was just a interesting contrast. I liked how it ended, with a better understanding between Mal and Simon, and well Simon and himself. His determination to not let the bad stuff change him and wanting to hang onto positive.

Thanks for keeping Firefly alive for me.

Marian
AedhgsH chapter 1 . 4/13/2003
Wow. That's all I'm saying. Wow.
dissolvablelabels chapter 1 . 4/9/2003
I read this over at the Firefly's Glow Archive...Really fantastic. It's a nice characterization of Simon. And Malcom. I'm sorry, I'm not very good at writing a good detailed review. But this was really very good.
CharmedKitten chapter 1 . 4/9/2003
I really enjoyed this story, especially the way we get to see Simon growing up and his admiration for Mal. It was wonderfully written. Thanks.
LJC chapter 1 . 4/8/2003
Oh nifty! Lovely parallels between Simon and Mal, and you have some gorgeous River and Book bits as well.