Reviews for Untitled
Kind of boring.
wendy chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
thats cute you should make a part 2
Ember A. Keelty chapter 1 . 7/19/2009

Very simple, but the feeling is strong. Every "it" is like being clocked on the ear.
Invisible-chan chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
Nice. I didn't really give my Pokemon nicknames, but I always had to address them, by their gender. Like Meganium, she's my baby.
PokeGirl22 chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
This is a funny story, you should call this story IT!
Eternal Storm chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
OMGOSH. I despise calling Pokemon by 'it'. That fact bothers me...even in the games they say 'it' and especially the movies/series. Couldn't they give THE NUMBER ONE star a gender? I don't even like Pikachu that much, but can't it be a HE or SHE...not an IT? Ugh. Valid point in this fic. I'm glad I'm not the only one to acknowledge 'it'...
MoonCat chapter 1 . 1/28/2008
This is why I am glad the games allow you to name your Pokemon. Giving names to Pokemon became easier when Gold and Silver introduced the concept of Pokemon genders. Since that time I've been giving names to the Pokemon left and right! And I still do to this day. I believe that by giving them names, the Pokemon become more like individuals and less like props. After reading this story, I have felt the need to share my thoughts with you. I can feel the unnamed Umbreon's anger at his human for being treated as a thing. I can't say to blame him! Well, I will see you next story!
Captain Wolf chapter 1 . 3/10/2007
You have really strong opinions. That's not a bad thing!

I always found it weird how Ash always called Pikachu "it", as well as his other pokemon. And then I wondered how everyone knew Pikachu was a he...

Anyway, that probably DOES get annoying for a pokemon, to be addressed as "it".

Nice work.
Tanaki Wolf chapter 1 . 3/2/2007
Crazy! I love it.
WildTotodile chapter 1 . 2/19/2005
That's horrible that someone wouldn't name their Umbreon. There are plenty of great names for an Umbreon like: Blacky, Moonlight, Ringu, Swiftfoot, the list can go on and on. Great insight
PlasmaBomb chapter 1 . 10/4/2004
*grins* Yep, I name all of my pokemon in the games, if I don't, I feel guilty (it runs in my family blood; I feel guilty about stuff I didn't even do).

Great story - One of those nice "feel good" ones to us considerate people ;).
Sparky Lurkdragon chapter 1 . 7/16/2004

The 'it thing' is one thing that's always bothered me about Pokemon and animals in general. Sure, I can see it when you can't, erm, really tell, but if you can see the parts or the little m/f sign, I think it's rather stupid. Even if I can't tell, I generally pick a gender and go with it untli told otherwise...

As for nicknames, I agree 100% as well. Calling a Pikachu "Pikachu" is like calling a dog "Dog." Very interesting hving this coming from a Pokemon's perspective. And not a gramattical error in sight!

Keep writing!
Mareo and Anime chapter 1 . 7/10/2004
Hey! Good story! (Gives all pokemon on 'Ruby' nicknames)
Sandaa Shojo chapter 1 . 3/19/2004
Amusing, sort of. No, I'm not laughing at Hortense's predicament of being nameless. I just never thought that anybody would write a one-shot with a topic as unusual as this one. Not that that's a bad thing! I enjoyed 'Untitled' very much.
My theory as to why the TV characters use a gender-neutral pronoun is because they can't tell what gender the Pokemon are just by looking at them. These are Pokemon we're talking about, after all. A male looks identical to a female on the show, AND the games, AND the comics. I give my Pokemon their Japanese names, since it is my personal opinion that the Japanese names sound better than the American ones. At least that way it seems SLIGHTLY true its origins.
I'm sure the Pokemon don't like being called "it," though. Nobody does, unless the Pokemon really is genderless, such as Coil (Magnemite). So, to demonstrate how much this hurts, I'm planning on writing a Lilo & Stitch story wherein somebody calls Pleakley an "it-male." Speaking of which, there's one thing you have to say for Lilo: She never calls the experiments "it."
Turquoisephoenix chapter 1 . 2/14/2004
Yeah, that always bugged me in the Pokemon TV show. None of the trainers, save for Richie and some various trainers in the movies, ever bothered to give their captured Pokemon any loving names. This is why I always name my pokemon when I capture them. Great story.