Reviews for Pokemon: The Alola Adventure
domgk115 chapter 25 . 7/28/2018
Awesome as usual! I think we all died from how cute it was when Lillie crossed that ridge in the games lol. I cant wait for her to finally get her Vulpix and see her try to battle with COlin as a teacher...

I'm ready to the final battle in Ultra Space, so ready lol. I am also excited to see what happens afterwards with Lillie...
domgk115 chapter 24 . 7/27/2018
Haha i think i speak for everyone who's ever played Gen 7 when i say that when Lillie finally gains that self-confidence towards the end of the game she's just the cutest lol IT showed in this chapter.

There were some good battles and great cute moments and i enjoyed the whole time! Hapu is one of my favs lol DO you think you'll have Lillie obtain her famous ALolan Vulpix at some point in this story? Or are we going to have to wait for the sequel to see that?

I ca't wait to see the moment she runs across the bridge for the first time lol. Also with this coming closer to the end im hyped for a rematch with Lusamine! See you in my next review!
domgk115 chapter 23 . 7/25/2018
Don't be too scared of the reaction here. It was a good confession chapter and i honestly think that at this point in the game is where we all also fell in love with Lillie lol. I think the confession came at a good time. I can see how some people may think its rushed but if anyone thinks that i want to tell them that the characters are aged up to 18. With that they without a doubt, no matter how sheltered Lillie was, an idea of what they feel when theyre in love. Now if it was a bunch of 11 year olds saying all this id say okay yeah thats a little fast but its not so its really good xD

Cant wait for the next one my friend! Take ur time and make it as great as you can!
domgk115 chapter 22 . 7/24/2018
Ahhhh Colin finally gets taken down. I think what happened is his anger and a bit of arrogance got the best of him. He has been seemingly breezing through trials, and battle until now. When he finally reaches Lusamine she absolutely wipes the floor with him, like completely lol.

I think what's going to happen now, is Colin is going to bring back some of his old Pokemon to help take Lusamine down, I would love to see his Empoleon (His current Empoleon's father) and the other really strong Pokemon he has.

There was some nice Colin and Lillie fluff in the end, like i said you make it good without it being over the top so good job on that. I think when they go on the quest for the Sun and Moon Flutes, that either that's when it'll all come to a climax or at the start of the Ultra arc. Looking forward to it!
domgk115 chapter 21 . 7/23/2018
Another good chapter my friend! Keep the update rate up and people are soon going to see an love this. This chapter was a very good telling of storming Aether Paradise, Colin is literally saying what i was saying going through the game at this point xD

A reason i love novelizations of games like this is because we see even more character from the in-game characters thanks to our protagonist actually being able to speak. We learn so much and see people like Hau, Lillie and Gladion go through so much more development thanks to these.

I'll stand by this opinion Sun and Moon and Ultra Sun and Moon have the 2nd best story of any Pokemon game (Nothing will ever beat Black and White and Black and White 2 lol) Lillie in my opinion is the 1st or 2nd best character to ever be in a POKemon game (N from Black and White and Black and White two is her only competition) and then Gladion would be 3rd in my opinion. They're both so well done, and honestly i'd take a game solely based on them and there past lol You're doing them justice here.

Until next time my friend, great job as always.
domgk115 chapter 20 . 7/22/2018
Hey man just read through all twenty chapters of this and i thought it was really really great. For some reason you dont see many really good Gen 7 stories, and this is truly a really nice diamond in the rough that im glad i found. I really love the update rate to, keep that up because if ive learned one thing its that constant updating is what makes a story stand out. 20 chapters in less then a month is really impressive.

I really like what you've done with Collin, he's a good OC. He's overpowered without seeming overpowered if that makes sense lol. You always know hes going to win but i like how you didnt just give him OP mons and have him breeze through every battle. I like that he's aged 18, and you can clearly see that he has been through some shit, and he just feels mature.

I will admit at first i thought you were bringing Lillie on a little too fast, as in she was breaking out of that nervous shell stage we all know she starts in, but as the story went on more and more i could didn't mind it at all and i think that their romance it progressing at a good pace and she's also developing as a character at a very good pace as well. Your decision to make them 18 really helps with this, because her going through development like this at 18 is more believable then her going through it at 11-15 range.

Other things i like here and there, i really do like Colin's snarky and sarcastic sense of humor i've found myself laughing at his comebacks quite a few times. I really like the fluff scenes, they're very well done without being way over the top like some fics. The battles are good, everyone has there own preferences with battles, as someones whos been reading Pokemon fics for years can atest lol.

I'm more of a fan of the quick paced battles, where its one move after another with a small sentence or two of explanation as to whats going on. Some people like battles that are extremely detailed, with longer explanations of whats going on. I like the healthy mix you seem to have in this fic.

A few questions that i have and am looking forward to seeing answers to are. Will we possibly see any of Colin's old Pokemon come and help him in battle, it'd be cool to see some of his old mons? Are we going to get more details and stories from Colin about old adventures, i know we all know what happened overall but it'd be cool to hear the events from his unique POV? Will we learn more about his mothers death, he said he simply came home one day to find her dead on the floor, which is awfully sad and im sure people would like to know more about her life and how she died? Finally, have you play Ultra Sun and Moon, i know those are basically SUn and Moon upgraded but there is some cool events and stuff in there like Ultra Necrozma and Rainbow Rocket, that would give you more to write about, maybe as a sequel?

Well thats the end of my long ass review! Keep up the update rate youre at my man like i said the key to getting more people to see it is to keep updating and at the rate youre at its only a matter of time before it gains traction! Like i said there arent many very good Gen 7 fics out there and i love how this one is heading! Keep up the good work!
Al.Oeder chapter 1 . 7/9/2018
Have you played Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon? If not then you should as it you can get some ideas for the story from it and intergrate those ideas into the story.
Guest chapter 5 . 7/4/2018
In Pokemon fanfiction, battling is actually an interesting topic. Some people just ignore movepools of their Pokemon and give them moves that makes sense for them, others can stay loyal to the movepool and expand them. It's possible to write battles like in-game battles, with less action and only one move at a time, or they can be very open-ended because Pokemon moves and abilities are amazingly versalite if used realistically. People that do that often gets inspiration from battle scenes that's not from Pokemon, like, say, Naruto or Dragon Ball.
Moonlight Butterfree chapter 2 . 6/30/2018
Okay, going to say this straight out the gate. Ease up with the Collin/Lillie stuff. If you are having them hug and grab each other's hands straight away, it makes it tougher for you in the long run and doesn't come across as realistic (I know it's Pokémon, but your readers will enjoy it more if the relationship grows realistically). I get you want them to be a couple, but let them be friends first. Plus this is Lillie at the start of the adventure, I wouldn't think she'd be winking, hugging Collin and grabbing his hand, or throwing shade at Kukui right in front of him. More likely, she'd be still freaked over seeing Collin half naked and be embarrassed and awkward talking to him afterwards.

This is a promising story and I'm looking forward to what you have planned for the rest of it. Don't take my words too harshly, I just want to see this story become as great as I think it will be.
The Penguin Champion chapter 1 . 6/30/2018
Nice work! I like it. I hope to read more in the future! Good luck!
25 | « Prev Page 1 2