Reviews for Not as Clever as He Thinks
Eli chapter 15 . 3/27/2023
Por favor! Continúa el fanfic, que pasa ahora? Harry y Severus realmente van a soportar no estar juntos mientras esté en la escuela?
Fenix Fuego chapter 15 . 11/25/2022
Definitely looking forward to reading more!
sp72 chapter 15 . 11/11/2022
You have a very intriguing writing style funny sarcastic and matter of fact dry at the same time (fits Severus to a T) and storyline is catching and inventive. I honestly hope you pick it up again soon. Didn't imagine an BAU chameo comming for sure BTW.
Twice4Life chapter 13 . 10/18/2022
Snape and Lily were friends until mid 5th year when he got mad an called her a mudblood
SherlockWholmes chapter 15 . 10/10/2022
Mark/Harry can be a total idiot at times. I guess his inner Gryffindor was showing.
Love2read23 chapter 15 . 9/13/2022
I'm really interested to learn why you threw the BAU into this. I get that Aaron Hotchner is Harry's former future partner and I'd really like to read that story as that's such a cool pairing but this is so heartbreaking.
I'm so relieved that Severus finally learned about Harry's timetravel and being Mark. This is such an interesting concept with the time travel participant not being the main character/narrator. Poor Severus is so confused. I love your characterization of Severus and his thoughts. He cares and is terrified of caring. I'd be horrified as well if an 11 year old revealed they were sexually active.
Harry is adorable and brilliant. And I'm excited for how they change the world.
Thank you for writing. Best of luck and have fun with the rewrite.
Fenris Mbungu chapter 15 . 9/3/2022
I don’t know why, but this story always cached me. I was constantly surprised, but without really being surprised?
I thought it obvious that mark evans was harry potter. I did not expect harry to be this incompetent in posing as a child. I did not expect the surrounding adults to not realise that he isn’t a child.
I did not expect harrys (ex) husband to turn up. I don’t think harry broke in just for severus comfort, but also for his own. I think he was shaken and wanted the truth to come out. But he may not even have realised it?
I did not expect the hearing to go as it went. “You convinced your friend that you are a murderer” that was so funny on multiple layers.
And then it ends?
It’s a brilliant end. It’s really well placed.
But i did not see it.
I thought they would go on, save pieces of the world. Maybe become involved furthermore. Let the high of confusion and feelings settle down.

Because harry kept severus running. Everything harry did, severus was surprised and didn’t know what to do with, but didn’t really want to admit it. It reads like “i have everything under control” slapped on an “what the fuck is going on” and that’s fucking brilliant.
Severus self control in managing to make himself belief that everything is as under his control as it’s possible right now, but at the same time, he sees the things that aren’t under his control. But he ignores that he should feel things regarding that not everything is under his control.

Fucking hell. I don’t even know.
I read wayy too many fanfics and somehow this one surprised me? But without really surprising me! I don’t get how! Like there was no “i totally did not see that coming” except when the police man says “you have convinced your friend that you are a murderer”.

I was totally emersed (is that a word? Emerged? I only saw) in severus perspective, while still seeing the flaws in his perspective, but i was not able to see out of his perspective in the last chapter. Because before his logic faults were kinda obvious, maybe?

Either way. Good writing. Brilliant story.
I hope you have a nice day!

(Oh, i’m fenris_mbungu on ao3 and crow on your server, by the way. I just recently joined. And i binged your works the last few days. This one might be my favorite so far)
Books85 chapter 8 . 2/21/2022
I love your description of Severus' talent for planning and most unfortunate inability to wrest control of reality so that it can be made to follow his plans. It would probably not console him to discover how dreadfully common is that inability.

This is terribly funny; I had not expected to find so much to like about it, due to it's close skirting of issues of teachers who take advantage of their students sexually. I dare say that poor Severus' head will just about explode when he discovers the identity of Mark Evans.

Thanks for sharing this.
Rori Potter chapter 15 . 2/20/2022
Oh damn. Update soon.
Shaedy Hoe chapter 15 . 2/19/2022
Honestly, that little back and forth was like a hot shot of espresso in the middle of the night. Now I can't go back to sleep.

Wait, so you mean to tell me that Harry's boo was a muggle? Damn, that's just sad.
Shaedy Hoe chapter 14 . 12/30/2021
Fvvvvck! This ended too soon! You really out here getting people to shet like a drug dealer, lol. I'm literally sitting on my bed being all gittery (is that how you spell it?) cos I'm craving my next fix like the local fanfic crackhead that I am smh.
Shaedy Hoe chapter 12 . 12/30/2021
I finally got around to reading the chapter that I've been dreading (thank you for that trigger warning, btw). It was both beautiful and heartbreaking. You really did well here.
Rori Potter chapter 14 . 12/29/2021
Oh my. Snape must feel like he’s on a crazy ride. Update soon.
Rori Potter chapter 13 . 12/28/2021
Oh damn. Wow. Update soon.
aulia chapter 13 . 12/22/2021
It is a very absorbing read. I love the way you combine the Admiral Duncan nail-bombing into the events of the story. Thanks for remembering and causing all of us to remember as well.