Reviews for Expedition to the Ruins
Guest chapter 1 . 9/7/2018
I can’t wait to read more I just finished binge reading your wonderful story mass effect new origins v2 I’m so glad to see that someone feels the same about the mass effect 3 ending XD, and it’s weird to go back 6 years and see all this stuff I remember happening from someone else’s view. I also wanted to ask why your opinion was on the newer halo releases because personally 343 did not handle any of the development of halo 4 and 5s story well... at all. And I personally agree that halo reach was one of the best but I still hold halo 2 to my dear heart (and I can’t forget combat evolved one of the first video games I ever played) and I’m personally excited about halo infinite and the art style as the art style 343 implemented displeases me greatly.

Sorry rant :/

Anyways can’t wait to read more of this as It caught my eye :) good luck and best regards -scorpion (AKA spaghetti in some places)
Pteaset chapter 1 . 8/19/2018
10 of 10
One Who Knows chapter 1 . 7/6/2018
Well, you got me. Legend of Galactic heroes and Mass Effect crossovers are always a welcome addition around here in my opinion. I enjoyed what you wrote thus far and agree with most of what you said, with one exception; I think Reinhard would eventually want to conquer the Citadel species, but would not have the opportunity to do so. Towards the end of LOGH, Reinhard is consistently agitated by the thought that basically, he is running out of places to conquer and worthy enemies to fight, to the point that like Napoleon he begins to make mistakes that could, like in the case of Napoleon, have cost him everything. Reinhard is very similar to both Napoleon and Alexander, he lives for the challenge of war, and once that cause is removed, his individual strength of character begins to fade away. This thought process is also combined with the very powerful pull of the promise he made to Kircheis, to "conquer the universe".

That being said, I agree that he would not start anything against the council so long as the entirety of human space was not united behind his rule. Add to that, after centuries of war, both the former Alliance and the Empire really need at least a few decades of peace to recover economically; the Alliance is financially crippled, while the Empire isn't doing much better. By the time Rhinehart would start to think of attacking the citadel, he would be long dead, and the Empire inherited by his son would not be in a position to go on such a monstrous campaign without a powerful supreme leader to take on the helm.

Another point I think you should consider is that even council seats do not suspend the ship limitations, the council species simply have greater capacities, with the Turians basically deciding galactic armament and the Asari and Salerians between them having the right to field fewer ships individually but a slightly greater amount together as a check on Turian power. I agree that some sort of agreement would be required, but I am not sure if the Citadel would give a seat to a species that had just emerged from centuries of civil wars, yes civil wars, there were a lot of them, and managed to somehow reduce their homeworld to nuclear rubble TWICE, once during the global nuclear war, and a second time during the war between Earth and the colonies. Something of a transition period, possibly with humanity maintaining a none aligned embassy would make more sense. It stands to reason that humanity would disarm quite a lot once the unification war is concluded, it would still have a lot of ships, but not quite that insanely many. Since Citadel forces would not pose much of a threat, it would make sense to go through with such an arms reduction, maybe in return for a none aggression pact and alliance treaties, and push the funds gained to reconstruction. Once both powers reach parity, the council through a negotiated rearmament program, perhaps aimed at finally putting down the Terminus systems, and humanity as it disarms the forces it does not need and retains those it does to defend its borders, the two sides would be capable of making an agreement on equal terms. War, however, remains possible.

Looking forward for the next chapters.
Alucard Bellsing chapter 1 . 7/7/2018
Ah Legend of Galactic Heroes I love that anime. I pray that you might reconsider and continue your story, but you're the author and that's your choice.
keel keel chapter 1 . 7/7/2018
i never knwe offspring of fredrick and elysiym was inside cerberus.
keel keel chapter 1 . 7/7/2018
project rock finally launched and.. harper is become shackless galatic conqueror now?
Appbeza chapter 1 . 7/6/2018
Empire... just no. They only empire I like is the one in Star Citizen where the Emperor is an elected emperor.
AbaddontheDevourer chapter 1 . 7/6/2018
Good story with an interesting premise. Not too many Legends of the Galactic Heroes stories that I would consider reading.

One thing that I have to point out and if you meant to do this I'm sorry, but you misspelled Expidition in the title. It should be Expedition.

Hate to be that guy, and I hope that you continue this story even though it is a one-shot.
Lord Halcyon chapter 1 . 7/5/2018
This is an evil tease especially if you plan to just leave it here, the remake just finished last week and dang it I need my LOGH fix. Still I do hope you revisit this idea when you have a bit less on your plate, LOGH has far to few stories for an anime of its brilliance.

Regards

Lord Halcyon
miner249er chapter 1 . 7/5/2018
I'm always glad to see new LOGH stories even if its a one shot