Reviews for When I Come Home
Everlight18 chapter 10 . 3/15/2013
Beautiful! *sob* I am in awe of your story and if you have not guessed I am deeply moved. I was rather surprised the Frodo's glass plail broke. I guess I have always imaged that it made it safely to the Undying Lands. A bit of a twist to the story:-) .
KeiraAchiOkanabe chapter 10 . 7/21/2008
OMG...*sobs* SO SAD and ANGSTY, this is the first time I have EVER cried during a fanfic...that was the most bittersweet ending you could've chosen. Perfect. I love bittersweet endings.
KeiraAchiOkanabe chapter 8 . 7/21/2008
Favorite chapter yet. Storms are awesome when Frodo is in the middle of them. Mwahahahahaa!
KeiraAchiOkanabe chapter 5 . 7/21/2008
Aw...angst angst angst and more angst...AND A TON OF H/C Elrond and Frodo. Heck, I love it. Insta-fav.
Cael Fenton chapter 4 . 12/19/2004
Wow! I'm speechless! This is a stunning story so far, and I'm looking forward to the rest of it. Not too harsh or cynical, yet not at all sentimental or silly. I see you've done your homework on the nature of the fea, and the effect that the destruction of the Ring would have on the Ringbearers. I'm very impressed! Book purists are very hard to find, but you've given me hope. Thank you for this wonderful, moving story.
Stupid Kid 04 and Blah chapter 10 . 1/1/2004
For eight years I have withheld tears, none allowed to escape my eyes, and with the reading of a single story my only work has been unraveled. At first my heart wrenched, then my throat tightened, and water beaded in my orbs of gray. The first went unnoticed, burning flesh as it slid, dripping onto my arm, and soon I was faced with turrets of them, pouring out. I have not cried over the deaths of family, friends, or animals, yet the words formerly written broke my heart. Awed and lips trembling, I read the best fic I have in four years, the duration of my time of . I commend you.
jodancingtree chapter 9 . 5/24/2003
Oh, dear. Beautifully written, and unbearably heartbreaking.
Guest chapter 10 . 5/22/2003
Wow. This was so beautiful. I printed it out. I loved the continual picture of the soul-as a work made from many threads. The use of the word fea was cool. Thanks for helping me expand my vocabulary. The ending was the best. You didn't need to show Sam's arrival to get the bittersweet point across. Elrond and Frodo is a relationship that we don't get to see very often. Bravo for trying something new. This whole story was wonderful. It had a definate drive but the reader still couldn't tell what would happen. I loved it.
Guest chapter 5 . 5/21/2003
You have really pulled this one off with such patience! But, my overall absolutely most favorite part is when Elrond's pulls his strands to knit Frodo's soul back together. That was very original. I love it!
shireling chapter 10 . 5/18/2003
Well I wanted a happy ending, but this wasn't what I had in mind.

You are a true story teller. The pictures you paint are a joy.

Thank you.

shireling chapter 3 . 5/17/2003
Oh this is heartbreaking.

Poor Frodo.

I hope this has a gentle ending!

linnea chapter 10 . 5/13/2003
Thank you for another very beautiful story.
Kay chapter 10 . 5/12/2003
"Illuvatar could not have sung such a loving and true-hearted being as Frodo Baggins into life to discard him at the end." Ah, sweet consolation.

Beautiful, Elwen.
shirebound chapter 10 . 5/12/2003
Sob! Such beauty, Elwen, but oh so sad! What a perfect ending... "nestled between the two most dear to him in life". We would all be most fortunate to receive the dignity, love, and understanding given to Frodo in your story.
Ariel3 chapter 10 . 5/12/2003
This story is just so full of lovely touches I don't know where to even begin. I love the part about Bilbo wanting to have Frodo see the Undying Lands... I love that song (it has always brought a tear to my eye)... I love the tombstones... This story is breathtaking. Thank you!