Reviews for From Afar
leiamoo chapter 12 . 9/15/2022
this is so great! are you still working on it?
MJ chapter 12 . 12/24/2019
Hope to see more of this if you feel like returning to it. The best Jopper fic I’ve read. You really get these two, and your writing is phenomenal.
AGirlHasANewName chapter 7 . 10/23/2019
I am trying to read more slowly because this is the best #Jopper content out there. Wow. Such great writing. Thank you!
Guest chapter 12 . 2/4/2019
This story is amazing. You are so talented! I'm happy you're still updating this!
Section8grl chapter 12 . 2/4/2019
Heartbreaking about Chester. Nice to see Joyce acknowledging what that scene in the tunnel made obvious.
carrymehome chapter 12 . 2/4/2019
I love everything about this imagery.

Bob knowing that Joyce carries a torch for Hopper but not saying anything because Bob is so conflict avoidant.

Will calling Hopper to help with the dog and Hopper coming. Both such sweet insights into their respective characters.
Section8grl chapter 11 . 1/3/2019
Welcome back! It's been so long I thought you'd given up on it.

I suffer from SAD as well. Winter can be a tough time. Might be best that the new series is in summer. We'll be better able to take whatever they throw at us.

Yesterday I cried watching Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. That poor Brachiosaurus!
carrymehome chapter 11 . 1/2/2019
Feel free to slow burn the daylights out of this thing. We have 6 whole months to kill.

I love the observation that Bob left Joyce no room to shatter whereas she and Jim can be hot messes together.
carrymehome chapter 10 . 11/27/2018
I was literally just thinking about you this weekend and hoping you would update soon. Your ears must have been burning.

I love this concept of how Joyce and Hopper are ultimately fated to be with one another, but that they need to come to the relationship as mature people with life experiences. It's very When Harry Met Sally in nature.
Vera chapter 9 . 11/13/2018
Love your story!
Please update soon!
Love from Holland
scarlettfawn chapter 9 . 11/5/2018
I really do not want this story to end. This story is getting me through some really dark times as well. I save the updates so I can make my morning coffee and find a space that is quiet and mine and melt in to the Stranger Things world, and melt in to the extension of that world you have created. Thank you for giving light in darkness, and to keep on writing even though you are going through your own hard times.
carrymehome chapter 9 . 10/30/2018
This slow burn is going to kill me, I swear.

I like your additions to the backstory. Well done
Section8grl chapter 9 . 10/27/2018
That was intense! Can't wait for the next chapter.
Section8grl chapter 8 . 9/30/2018
All this sexual tension is gonna kill me! Can't wait for the next chapter.
carrymehome chapter 8 . 9/30/2018
I like your portrayal of Hopper trying to move past his admittedly unattractive period. We like to call that “going on a trampage”.

Your interaction between Hopper and Joyce is very much in line with David Harbour’s statement that because they knew each other from high school, they’re able to see that version of each other even though they’ve certainly both made some poor life choices since then.