Reviews for Helen of Ploy
Guest chapter 1 . 11/6/2018
This is such a wonderful idea and so nicely executed! Eagerly awaiting more; a follow-up or just another fic for this fandom.
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 7/18/2018
Dear lemonout:

That would be one of the greatest titles ever, if I only knew what the heck it meant.

Sincerely,
Qoheleth
Guest chapter 1 . 7/15/2018
This is beautiful.
TabbyKat405 chapter 1 . 7/14/2018
Please do a chapter 2 of Helen apologizing to her family for all that she put them through and them being like "It's ok, it wasn't your fault" I'd love that! Great job here though! Update soon!
Miss Pookamonga chapter 1 . 7/10/2018
Wow...that was...wow. I absolutely love this. I think everyone's been overlooking the fact that any of the supers finding out what happened while hypnotized would be somewhat traumatic, so I'm really glad this fic exists. I definitely think Helen would have a LOT wrestle with after seeing the footage, which you captured excellently here. I certainly thought she'd be horrified by seeing what she did to Bob, but I forgot about the fact that technically she did try to attack the kids (albeit briefly), and I like that that was the thing that finally triggered her rage. Perfectly in-character for her, considering protecting her children has always been her number one priority, and seeing that she was made to violate that motherly bond and put them in direct danger would most certainly screw her up on a number of levels.

The other little thing I liked was the tiny mention of the possibility that Evelyn had purposely given Helen a lesser suit - I hadn't thought of that before but given that Ev had this planned down to the tiniest detail, it makes perfect sense. An Edna design wouldn't have allowed for any kind of exploitable weakness, so of course Evelyn contracted another designer for the job. Smart.

Anyway, sorry I wrote a book, but I like giving detailed reviews to stories and authors who deserve it and you definitely deserve it! Amazing job. Keep it up :)

~Pooka
NightwingNinja17 chapter 1 . 7/9/2018
So I have a question! (SPOILER WARNING) I've been working on a story based on the scene where Helen has been captured by Evelyn and I want to get the wording they say between them right. How did you find the words for that part in your story?

In other news, I really love this story. I never thought how much the events of the movie could have affected Helen. And I totally forgot till I read this that Hypnosis almost gives you a sense of amnesia. Great job!
The Aberrant One chapter 1 . 7/9/2018
Daaamn, this was intense.

Mind if I use this as a reference to look up when I need to get through my writer's block?

By the way, your Helen(which I guess is canon) is way nicer than mine. My version of Helen is...um...kind of a bitch...but there's a reason for that.

Anyway, hope you expand on this or maybe write something else in this vein.
SapereAude03 chapter 1 . 7/8/2018
Simply lovely. As a lover of angst, I don't know what I'd do without fanfiction that explores the unseen aftermath of a story's action, and this is a perfect example! I'd love to see what happens next; the incident may not have been her fault but I have a feeling Helen's going to feel the need to apologize to both Bob and the kids.
Seahawk2Sly chapter 1 . 7/7/2018
This is really a great story plz make more Incredibles fanfiction.
GreenBeanTangerine chapter 1 . 7/7/2018
*it. Also,
GreenBeanTangerine chapter 1 . 7/7/2018
This was an interesting read, I liked , I see what you did there in the title, haha