Reviews for Annals of Arithmancy
Realgoosegirl chapter 24 . 9/12
That was beautiful. The whole thing. I’ve spent the last week reading the entire series, and it was wonderful. All of it. It’s been a long time since I’ve enjoyed a book (fanfic or otherwise) so much. But the concept, the writing, the pacing, the plot- all fantastic. Everything from the story and characterizations, down to grammar and punctuation, was well done. I love how well rounded you made all of the characters- staying true to much of the spirit of the originals, while rounding them out and humanizing them. And I loved this final installment. A broad summary of the lives and future of our favorite characters that felt in depth enough to feel involved but fast-paced enough to cover long periods of time, with a definite ending that still left it open to imagination and possibilities. Thank for your writing and contribution. I loved it all.
genderfluid.dragon277997 chapter 24 . 9/4
Holy fuck this is incredible. I never expected a fic to replicate the magical feeling from the first time I read Harry Potter, but here we are.
sandstar08 chapter 24 . 9/1
I have been devouring your trilogy for the last few weeks in every spare moment. Thank you for sharing not just your world building but the character building you've done to every single individual you mentioned. The attention to detail is astounding and inspiring.
A Drarry Hufflepuff chapter 24 . 8/30
I've absolutely loved this trilogy yet I feel that there are a few loose ends.

They still haven't found Barty Crouch's Hourcrux. It's like ending a story when Voldemort is in prison.

She never published the antimatter thing.

No reaction from the muggles, just some vague "That day the world changed."

Still, it was nice.
areaderslist chapter 24 . 8/29
Absolutely amazing stories, thank you.
A Drarry Hufflepuff chapter 17 . 8/29
Cameo of the Potter Puppet Pals. Love it!
Incantations7 chapter 24 . 8/27
I must admit a certain amount of surprise that you predicted that Kampala Harris would be at least involved in the election of 2020... An impressive bit of prognostication...
gunda.leine chapter 24 . 8/14
I also wonder how Covid-19 and other recent events would play out in the story. Would wizards be immune? I suppose that either way, bubble-head charms are the superior, 100% masks.
And I suppose with less people in public places it would be easier to cover up some magical incidents.
But would the Magical world still be ready to reveal themselves in the spring of next year? Well, I guess we will see! I, for one, will be impatiently awaiting the 3rd of May, 2021!
gunda.leine chapter 24 . 8/14
I was wonderingwhat if the entire Magical community moved to unplottable, fideliused places only? Travel only in magical ways, groceries through magical home delivery, etc. Eliminate contact with muggle spaces as much as possible.
And what if muggle-borns were taken from their families after the first case of accidental magic? (Barbaric, I know. But wizards would consider it!)
And as many magical beasts captured as possible and put into huge unplottable enclaves...
After all, a whole one of those could fit into a single suitcase!
And even if that's an exaggeration, expansion charms could certainly be more utilised.

Of course, all these measures wouldn't protect against someone deliberately exposing magic by doing it in a Livestream or live television. But at least the magicals would have a place to hide. Perhaps even move to a huge fideliused, self-sufficient, bunker, so deep that it's out of reach of atomic bombs, just to be safe. And use bottled sunlight, etc, or enchantments akin to the ceiling of the great hall. And as many expansion charms as possible!

Granted, all of these would be extremely hard to implement. And poorer wizarding nations could not afford anything like that. But the rich ones probably wouldn't care that much, as long as they could continue on as always...

But Hermione would care and probably would have many clever arguments to dispute my vague ideas with, so I will "let" the wizards continue as planned!
100beep chapter 19 . 8/11
Are Dementors greater Void elementals? I've been trying to ask, but didn't get around to it.
Harrison chapter 24 . 8/11
Maybe you should change the dates in this chapter to 2023/2024, since Kamala Harris now Biden's VP nominee?
tibetisnotincanberra chapter 19 . 7/29
That was very well done with the angel. Loved it.
What a glorious trilogy thank you!
Confusing
Why tf are foreign entities mad at granger and doubting her abilities? Like they could do any better? I mean for real that seems super unrealistic
1,073 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »