Reviews for Vigil
Miluiel Gamgee chapter 7 . 8/28/2013
This... This is perfect. Honestly... I have nearly NEVER seen a batter angst Frodo and Sam story than this. You should keep writing... This was a story easily remembered and and well loved by myself Mil Gamgee. I couldn't ask for better3 thanks for making it non slash to:)
LOTRforever chapter 7 . 7/4/2013
This... This is one of THE BEST fanfics I have read in a LONNNNNNNNNG time. And I read a TON of fanfiction. Beautiful wording, excellent story, perfect ending, and so... believable! Thank you for creating this WONDERFUL tale. It has inspired me to write my own Lord of the Rings fanfics. VERY WELL DONE!
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 8/30/2004
I really like this story.
Leia Wood aka Cascadia chapter 7 . 5/19/2004
What a beautiful story!
Leia
J7339 chapter 2 . 1/19/2004
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.
I love the whole concept of Frodo having nightmares after the quest and reliving memories when touching certain things - very clever indeed and very close to what no doubt would have happened.
I also like that Sam is affected and it takes Frodo a while to know this - we all forget that Sam went through some of what Frodo experienced - not all of it - but he too has bad memories.
Really looking forward to the next part - I like our angry little hobbit - even if it was for a split second - then to have him crumple at Sam's explanation was just the right effect.
JULES
J7339 chapter 1 . 1/19/2004
The beginning of this story is great - I am really enjoying this - I love post-quest stories - oh hell - I like any story with Frodo and Sam.
I like it when Frodo tries to hide his pain and hurts from everyone - including Sam - very like our little hobbit.
Off to read the next treasure of a chapter.
JULES
Ariel3 chapter 7 . 7/10/2003
Just wanted to let you know that I very much enjoyed this story! Your view of the two of them is PERFECT - heart touching and canon - just as I like them to be. Bravo!

Ariel
shirebound chapter 7 . 6/9/2003
Wow, what a powerful ending, Shadow! Sam is torn between joy and grief, and Frodo is just too exhausted to pretend any longer. Thank goodness he's been given hope, and a refuge from the pain and memories. What a great story!
Trust No One chapter 7 . 6/9/2003
This was so beautiful I had tears in my eyes throughout. It was heart-wrenching and truly redeeming for both Frodo and Sam. I had some trouble accessing chapter 7 and I hope it was my computer, but maybe check it out, in case it's not. PLEASE, do write more, it is utter pleasure! Thank you!
Holly Wood chapter 7 . 6/9/2003
Brilliant ending!
Kay chapter 7 . 6/9/2003
This was so sad, but so beautiful! I hope you do pick it up again sometime!
endymion2 chapter 6 . 5/12/2003
A very quiet but beautiful chapter. The"innocence and beauty of her untainted spirit". I never really understood if Frodo WAS tainted or only felt this way, therefore if all the illnesses were real or more a psychological "side-effect".

In your story he doesn't seem to blame himself anymore ("what he had done had been enough"), but yet, for him it is not enough, for "now was the true sacrifice"
shirebound chapter 6 . 5/12/2003
Oh, this is lovely... "You hold her, mister Frodo, until it doesn’t hurt anymore…"

And this... "she had brought him the peace and presence to make the decision he had been unable to contemplate. That was her gift to him."

Just beautiful.
Trust No One chapter 1 . 5/5/2003
I can't remember if I reviewed this before or not, but there... I really like this. I'd very much like to see where it's going, if you are going to keep the story within the book's action. I almost wish sometimes Frodo could find some hapiness, even if for a short while. Thanks for great reading!
shirebound chapter 5 . 5/4/2003
Oh, Sam is so amazing. What a compassionate, wise person, and in as much pain as his dear Frodo.