Reviews for RobStar Week 2018
EchidnaPower chapter 7 . 9/13/2018
Ohh boy, Scarecrow's causing trouble in Jump?! The concept of Batman's villains deciding to migrate is something I want to incorporate into my own stories someday, and Scarecrow is definitely someone who would wreak havoc on the emotional tendencies of the Titans.

The classic case of a comforting heartbeat, it's so tender and sweet and I love when they share comforting cuddles like this. It's such a soothing sensation and Robin needs that tender loving care that he hasn't had since his mom died. Bruce, bless him, he tried when Dick was young but he was never "loving dad" material. Starfire fills the void of love and leaves it overflowing.

This was a terrific end to the week, well done!
EchidnaPower chapter 6 . 9/13/2018
This was a wonderful dive into Starfire's psyche from Robin's perspective. They do share a passion for whatever it is they do, and it carries over into their relationship...after Starfire does some necessary wall breakage.

Not much to say about this one other than good job, heh heh.
EchidnaPower chapter 5 . 9/13/2018
Whoops, little snafu there at the top, you labeled it as Day 3 again.

Anyway, so a genderbent story, eh? Admittedly I've never been a big fan of these types of stories but I'll give it my best shot.

I suppose the biggest issue that I personally have with it is that when genderbending characters, I imagine certain characteristics changing to accommodate the difference in gender. For Robin, it was clear he/she had more feminine traits and behaviors usually associated with a crushing female. It was easier to accept this reality from this perspective.

What personally takes ME out of the story, however, is the male Starfire. When he's first introduced, I can start getting into the idea of what he might look like, and I expect him to display more masculine traits; lifting weights is something that gives that impression (I know Star lifts weights in the show too but you get what I'm saying).

But then as it goes on, I start having to remind myself that this Starfire is male; he's also shy and bashful, he does a puppy dog pout when he wants something and he's very huggy, which are traits I usually associate with female characters. Perhaps that's just me being narrow-minded, I dunno.

Maybe if I'd seen more Tamaranean males in action I'd be able to accept it more easily, but as of now all I have is Galfore and Wildfire (aka Madam Rouge in disguise). I understand, this is still Starfire we're talking about, male or female...but it's harder for me to accept it when Robin's personality changes to match the gender while Starfire remains the same regardless of what gender is given.

I won't harp on it anymore, this is why I don't read genderbent stories. Heh. Next.
EchidnaPower chapter 4 . 9/13/2018
Maybe it's just me, but I've read so many stories in the past where Star has a Tamaranean word for "boyfriend" that seeing her say the word in English as a prefix to Robin's name just seems odd to me lol. But that's not a big deal, so I won't dwell on it.

This story is how I would imagine a best case scenario of Robin's initial relationship with Starfire going. Instead of having this long internal battle with himself, he accepts what's happened and embraces it (and her) with his whole heart.

It would be just like Robin to dwell on his mistakes, so he feels the need to beg for forgiveness and even a second chance before he's even really started his first chance. It's so obvious that Starfire wants to be with him and yet he feels the need to make sure that the record is straight. Good Tokyo story.

NEXT!
EchidnaPower chapter 3 . 9/13/2018
Ohhhh-kay. xD (pulls collar) I'll admit that there have been times where I've read fics like this (there honestly aren't that many out there where they DON'T eventually go down this path), but this is the first time I've ever reviewed anything of this nature. I'm mostly just hugs and kisses and sharing the same bed for cuddle purposes. xD

BUT, time to man up! Let's do this!

First and foremost, I'll go ahead and state for the record that what you wrote is definitely more funny and sweet than it is sexy, most of the "sexy" elements - minus the initial come on by Star - just comes from the visual image of them in the shower together. So maybe I just need to get my head out of the gutter. xD

The obvious point of this story is that Starfire's enthusiasm and love of life finds ways to seep into Robin's point of view and causes his view of the world to morph into something brighter and more laid back, as opposed to his usual Batman-instilled one-track mind. Their gentle intimacy is heartwarming and their admiration of each other comes through louder and clearer than their singing...

Though I have to ask, wouldn't Starfire take all the contractions out of the song lyrics? Just something that crossed my mind lol. NEXT!
EchidnaPower chapter 2 . 9/13/2018
Omg you did the Marvel thing. xD So does this mean that in the Marvel universe, the Teen Titans are comic book characters too? Lol.

Anyway I digress, you nailed Starfire in this, her unbridled enthusiasm is infectious. Though what I often find myself struggling with in stories like these - and this is just a 'me' thing - is the background stories. For instance, you obviously have Raven and Beast Boy together in this, but the Raven I'm more familiar with would have reacted to Gar's actions with maybe some mild irritation.

Now I'm not against the idea of Raven being happier, in fact I'd love to see her giggle and be more comfortable with herself and others...but when I can't see how she gets there, how she grows to reach that point, it kinda throws me out of the story a little bit because I have a set mindset of "Raven" and who she is.

I know you couldn't have gone deep into everyone's backstories in this kind of fic, this is just a "take it at face value" type of story. You would have had to triple the length in order to do what I'm talking about and it would have lost focus on the fact that this is a RobStar story first and foremost.

So ultimately, this was a cute little read and it was fun watching them flirt with each other. Proud and smug Robin is best Robin, especially when he's smug about Star. Blame my overactive brain for trying to fit pieces into a puzzle that doesn't need the extra pieces. xD

Next!
EchidnaPower chapter 1 . 9/13/2018
Alrighty! Awake and ready to go! Love this first little blurb, it's an excellent insight into the mind of Robin from Starfire's perspective. Goes perfectly into the canon of the Titans too, Robin always seemed that much more determined and feisty whenever someone was falling, whether it was Starfire or mini-Raven.

Starfire joining Robin on the trapeze has always been something I've enjoyed in fiction, and it's something I would like to eventually adapt into my own version, so I love the mental image it creates. It's such a personal part of Dick Grayson's life and Star is so pure and kind-hearted that she would cherish it with everything she is.

Excellent start to this, on to the next one!
xxGUSHINESSxx chapter 7 . 8/13/2018
This chapter was very suspenseful, but it ended sweet. This was a great bunch of stories for RobStar week. You should be proud!
xxGUSHINESSxx chapter 6 . 8/13/2018
Perfect chapter for my OTP.
xxGUSHINESSxx chapter 5 . 8/13/2018
I love genderbent stories. This chapter was a lot of fun. Have you seen any of the fan art some people do for this idea? I wish I could do graphic art like that. It's super cool.
xxGUSHINESSxx chapter 4 . 8/1/2018
So sweet! I remember back when I watched Tokyo for the first time and they were doing all those kissing attempts I was like come on Cartoon Network! You tease us with their relationship for five seasons and you keep psyching us out! I think I was 11 or 12 when I watched their kiss for the first time (this was a few years after the movie had been made) and I wanted to cry it was so perfect. Great job!
xxGUSHINESSxx chapter 3 . 8/1/2018
This was so cute. I love little song fics like this
xxGUSHINESSxx chapter 2 . 7/30/2018
LOL, comic-con. Nice touch. I can totally see Beast Boy geeking out. Once again, great job.
xxGUSHINESSxx chapter 1 . 7/30/2018
Very nice. I could really hear Starfire's voice in this chapter. Excited to read your other chapters. Robin and Starfire will always be my OTP. I'm currently invested in all things BB/Rae right now, especially with rumors of a sixth season. (Who knows, they might even get those two together with all the jokes and hints they make with TTG) but it's nice to go back and read RobStar. Those two were made for each other. Great work!
padme-sky chapter 7 . 7/24/2018