Reviews for The Music Lovers
PhantomFemme du Pantages chapter 8 . 10/30/2018
Very interesting! I can't wait to see where this goes. I like what you've done with all the characters thus far, though. They all work really well! They feel in character even when the genders are flipped, which is hard to do well. So good work! And good for you for attempting a gender-bent period-Phic. That's really tricky to do well unless you're familiar enough with the period to have a sense of how Queerness would have manifested at that time. But it seems like you've done your homework, which is appreciated!

That being said, though, erm, I do hope Christophe will find his spine at some point. Because, I must say I find his degree of timidity gets on my nerves at times! That's not a gender thing, though. I fine Christines who are portrayed as being that timid equally irritating. And especially if he's going to have any dealings with Erik, romantic or otherwise, he'll need a all the spine he can get! Erik's not for the faint of heart. Indeed, it seems to me you've gone with an Erik closer to Leroux, and that's definitely not for the faint of spirit!

Anyway, great work so far. As I said, I'll be most interested indeed to see how this develops!
PhAnToM 1212 chapter 8 . 10/20/2018
I really love the way you wrote this chapter and I look forward to see what happens next.
Guest chapter 8 . 10/14/2018
AaAaaAAAAAHHH this was a fantastic chapter!
Wheel of Fish chapter 8 . 10/15/2018
Ohh, Erik, you jerk. I thought maybe he'd actually make himself known, but nope! Gonna let the poor boy go on thinking he's haunted and/or delusional. It would not be the worst thing were Christophe to sock him in the jaw when they actually do meet. Good on him for countering the taunting with music, though. It must have been pretty amazing to make Erik shut up. Ha.

And he had the daroga return the glasses! Iiiinteresting. (I was a bit confused as to who was saying/doing what in the last scene, fwiw, but I parsed it out with a reread.) I wonder what his aim is? Are we going to get some more Erik POV soon, perhaps? Though I do love seeing him from everyone else's eyes. It's so much more exciting and mysterious. :)
ghostwritten2 chapter 8 . 10/14/2018
Ooh, I like your Persian and your Erik very much so far. Their scene together was great.

And I'm glad that Christophe has his glasses back!
PhAnToM 1212 chapter 7 . 10/14/2018
You know what? This is a really amazing story, so I hope you continue writing this.
Calypso chapter 7 . 10/10/2018
You write with easy grace, you have a vast vocabulary, and your story flows. Please write more soon, I want to know how this ends!
Wheel of Fish chapter 7 . 10/8/2018
SAJDFHAJFKGHFDSL HE'S HEEEERE I'M SO EXCITED AAAAAA

Ahem. So. Christophe is a lovable trainwreck, and I feel for him so so hard. I can see this version of Erik terrifying him, and I can't wait to see how each of them sort of tempers the other in that wonderful dynamic we have come to know and love. I always love a good pair of yellow eyes to mark his entrance, and you did not disappoint. (Love Meg too btw, love that she's Romani, but I AM VERY EXCITED FOR THE VOICE LESSONS TO BEGIN).
ghostwritten2 chapter 7 . 10/8/2018
Oh, I love Meg. And poor Christophe is darling. I liked the scene with Buquet frightening the ballerinas, and I am so excited for some Phantom and Christophe time!

Great chapter.
epwhales chapter 7 . 10/7/2018
Aaaaaah! It's time! It's finally time!
Wheel of Fish chapter 6 . 9/19/2018
HEY you know what's awesome? That I somehow managed to convince myself I'd gone back and reviewed this when I had, in fact, not. THANKS, BRAIN. I am a terrible friend.

Such lovely little turns of phrase all throughout this chapter! And Christophe having Hamlet thrust upon him makes me think of Shakespeare's line about some men having greatness thrust upon them so good job if you did that intentionally. I mean, it's cool either way. :)

Poor Christophe, though. Just one humiliation after another at that party! And did he really get a lecture? Uggggh. I wish I could hug him. Also I am DYING for him to meet the man who was singing in the graveyard. WHEN, rose? wheeeeen

Audition! omg is there going to be a male Carlotta? There doesn't have to be, of course, just curious. I hope you're able to find your muse again soon, and HUGS.
epwhales chapter 6 . 9/16/2018
Poor Christophe!
I love the way you write please continue the story!
2zmei chapter 1 . 9/2/2018
Veri n1c3fVkst0rizL
ghostwritten2 chapter 6 . 8/26/2018
So *that's* what happened at the party. I'm glad that Rina left Christophe a note, and how wonderful that he's got an audition! Love the relationship between him and Maman as well. And I really liked the reference to Christina Nilsson.
Wheel of Fish chapter 5 . 8/21/2018
Ohh, interesting. I'm slightly confused about the name change - did he make the decision to change it right then, after seeing the sheet music? But regardless, this chapter was so beautifully written, and his reaction to Christophe's singing so wonderfully visceral and just UGH, that was my absolute favorite part, how physically affected he was! hnnnnng